#1 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:50 AM

Recolored toolbar buttons for BG:EE & BG2:EE

Download

thumb-62a0a56b9a8c58ab12b706d099a03c63-b

This mini-mod provides recolored buttons for the toolbar displayed at the bottom of the screen to make the enabled/disabled states of the buttons more distinguishable. It contains components for both Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.

Note: Installing the BG:EE components in Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is not advisable as the color schemes have been optimized for the original GUI of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

Component for BG:EE
You can choose between two color schemes:
  • a more color-saturated version of the original
  • a golden scheme that matches the colors of the icons of the left toolbar

Component for BG2:EE
  • a bluish/violet color scheme

Have fun! :)

#2 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

Most excellent mod, and really needed.

Would you consider adding compatibility with BG1:EE?
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#3 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Would you consider adding compatibility with BG1:EE?

The user interface of BGEE looks rather good to me. It has colored icons and their active states are clearly distinguishable from their inactive states.

I haven't played the game much however, so maybe I have missed something. Is there a specific issue that has to be fixed or improved?

#4 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Maybe that's just me, but for BG:EE v1.2, I have difficulty to distinguish active from inactive buttons. I do agree though that in BG2:EE, it is worse.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#5 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

Maybe that's just me, but for BG:EE v1.2, I have difficulty to distinguish active from inactive buttons. I do agree though that in BG2:EE, it is worse.

So, I have fiddled around a bit with the icons in BG:EE. Unfortunately, the color scheme of BGEE's GUI limits the range of useable colors somewhat, that's why I've settled for two color schemes: a slightly more color-saturated version of the original and a golden hue matching the colors of the icons of the left toolbar.

You can see previews of both BG:EE and BG2:EE toolbars on the download page.

#6 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

That's better! Installed on BG1:EE (blue colors)! Thanks!

Edited by Anomaly, 06 January 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

It didnt work well for me, it seemed like one toolbar cutted in pieces and put in the top of the original, but with weird things like the "bard song" button in npcs that werent bards, etc...

My weidu log:

Spoiler

:(

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

It didnt work well for me, it seemed like one toolbar cutted in pieces and put in the top of the original, but with weird things like the "bard song" button in npcs that werent bards, etc...

My weidu log:

Spoiler

:(

#9 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hmm, it could be that another mod has made changes to some of the GUI-related files.

Could you make --change-logs from the files GUIBTACT.BAM and MOS0030.PVRZ, and post the results?

#10 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

That elephant(?) icon looks pretty weird. I can't even find it in my BG2EE installation. Maybe Beamdog ships different versions of BG2EE or one of the mods changes the toolbar layout. Could you make a --change-log on the files GUIBTACT.BAM and MOS0030.PVRZ, and post the results?

You could also try out the file attached to this post. Copy it into your override folder and see if it fixes the issue. If the folder already contains a GUIBTACT.BAM, make a backup of that file first.
Alternatively you could extract it into your user-profile override folder (on Windows it's <USER>\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\override, create it manually if it doesn't exist yet). It has a higher priority than the game's override folder, so it will save you the backup step.

Attached File  GUIBTACT.ZIP   609bytes   388 downloads

Edited by Argent77, 08 February 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#11 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

I have updated this mod to v3.0. It should now be more compatible with different versions and localizations of BG:EE and BG2:EE.

#12 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hi Argent77 I just want to say this is cool mod and...I thought I should show my my appreciation by sending you Polish translation. I know it's not much, but still...you can include it in the next version if you like :) I translated readme too, it's in the archive.

Attached File  Recolored toolbar buttons.zip   1.64K   469 downloads

#13 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for your translation! The mod has been updated to v3.1 and can be downloaded here.

#14 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:26 AM

The mod has been updated to v4.0! You can find the download link in the first post.

Changes:

• Changed the resource format of installed graphics files to fix a compatibility issue with the latest BG2:EE update (which resulted in inactive buttons not being grayed out).

#15 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:54 AM

The mod has been updated to v4.1! You can find the download link and more details in the first post.

Changes:

• Added new icons introduced by the Enhanced Edition patches v2.0
  • Made color schemes for BG:EE compatible with the latest game update
  • Uses built-in WeiDU functions for installing color schemes

#16 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:33 AM

Minor update:  Recolored toolbar buttons v4.2

Changes:
  • Added German translation and readme