Error Installing - Bigg's Widescreen Problem

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 -edwise-

-edwise-

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

A search didnt produce results for my issue, installation is stopping because Bigg's widescreen is not being detected. I have installed it properly so I am not sure what is going on. Can I get some help please? 

#2 -Felipe-

-Felipe-

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

u didnt post your specs neither the step by step of the installation u did, it's hard to help this way.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

u didnt post your specs neither the step by step of the installation u did, it's hard to help this way.

Im not sure what to post, what do I need exactly? 

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Im not sure what to post, what do I need exactly? 

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Well, where did you install the game to ? ... it's likely that you have installed the game to Operation System protected folder and as such, the widescreen is not actually installable even correctly, even if it produces no errors as the changes made do not actually take effect.

A good way to go around this is to do exactly what's said here.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

The guide that you pointed to is the exact guide that I have been using. 

http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html

I have the game installed in D:\GOG Games\Planescape Torment as can be seen in my screen shot. 

IGkpYvr.png

This is  a windows 8 system, 6gb ram, 1tb hd + 256 gb hd, Nvidia 9800 GTX 

#7 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

I wonder how you failed to extract the archive, so that the mod can't find it's own files. As this is what you see and extracting it should be easy:

klw4.png

Edited by The Imp, 11 January 2014 - 07:05 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

I have extracted the files, have I not? 

I used 7zip. I extracted all files into the torment folder.  This is the quick search result to show the folder and files. 

7E7l7lJ.png

#9 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Did you run the Setup as an elevated or normal user? Try to run the setup as an admin if that was not the case (right-clicking the setup may help).
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Running as admin creates the same error. 

Should I uninstall it all, and reinstall the widescreen mod again as admin? That is my only guess right now. 

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Hmm, how large is the GhostDog's-PST-UI folder ? Mine's 38 068 224 bytes, and that's without trying to install it.
Also if re-extracting the folder doesn't help, copy paste the weidu.log's content to a post.

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

After a lot of looking and poking around, I discovered that I was opening the 7z  file NOT unpacking it. My ignorance, I guess

#13 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

Well, you solved it so all is good.