• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

Hello, i'm following this tutorial: 

http://www.simpilot....g/main.htm#plan

There is a part at start, which tells me to load external tis. switch file type to bitmaps. How i am supposed to get some bitmap files from a game? Im totally lost :( I tried to open some Area in iwd 2(only one) and it opens something weird for me. Could you please help me? Thank you very much.

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

When I wrote that tutorial the assumption was that you would already have created the area graphics and converted it to a bitmap so that it would be ready to import. If you want to export an existing area from within the game:

Start DLTCEP

Edit | Area | Load Area | select your area

General | Edit Wed | (Overlay section) Extract

Save as BMP

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 19 January 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#3 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

Ahh okay thank you :) and there comes another question. Did I need to change setup if i want for example to extract a map from another IE game and make it for IWD 2? :)

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Did I need to change setup if i want for example to extract a map from another IE game and make it for IWD 2?  :)

Yes. You should define a new setup for every game you work with in DLTCEP, so it can read the correct files etc.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

I mean if i choose some BG map, i need to open it with BG setup, export to bitmap and then open in IWD 2 setup? Or its not that easy as it sounds? :)

#6 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

That's correct.

-Y-

#7 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hello, I've tried to do as you adviced me here, but when i press Save as BMP, it wont do anything, only warning message appears. It says You opened it for read only. How could i fix this? Thanks :)

#8 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

Hello, I've tried to do as you adviced me here, but when i press Save as BMP, it wont do anything, only warning message appears. It says You opened it for read only. How could i fix this? Thanks :)

You go to Setup, and unselect the "Read only" box on the right half of the opened page, save and it get's applied... or you can unset it temporary at each session start by going to the Settings and unchecking it.

Yeah, you can't do this in a middle of editing a file, unfortunately.

Edited by The Imp, 24 January 2014 - 10:06 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#9 quertas

quertas
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

excellent  thanks for the info on how to create there own bmp  one less thing to worry about it

#10 quertas

quertas
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

so how do i create a spot to put on the world map and how cani connect that to an area  and then

or connect to an exisisting city feature. just tryinga  simple indoors