Quest Progression?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 -CynicalThought-

-CynicalThought-

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out where I should be in terms of my romance with Nathaniel at this point in the game.  This is my first time playing the mod, and I am doing so with BG2 Enhanced Edition.  The only other mod I have installed is the BG2 Tweak Pack, which, from what I understand, should not present any compatibility issues (apologies, if that is not correct).

So, to begin,  I should mention right away that Nathaniel's quest does not appear in my journal, nor do any of the updates. This happened even after re-installation. I have been able  to bypass this by simply accessing EE Keeper and just tabbing to Journal entries and reading what it is says.  My first thought was perhaps not enough time has elapsed.   I usually attempt to complete every quest I can before meeting with Gaelen/Bodhi and subsequently triggering the chain of events leading up to Spellhold, so right now I am at about 58 (game) days in on my current character.  Even though I have spent considerable time resting in inns/the wild, transitioning between maps, etc. I  have not witnessed any progress in Nathaniel's search for his past lover.  In fact, the last update I received regarding his quest was after we spoke with Inspector Brega in the government building.  There was a brief dialogue that prompted where Nathaniel apologizes and talks about his preference for men, and that was that.

I checked to make sure that  NathRomanceActive is in my global variables.  Right now the value is "1."  While I have been receiving fairly consistent "flirts" (i.e. glances and looks away), the last "lovetalk" was something about some sort of cake he enjoyed in BG (at least I think it was a lovetalk), which I'm assuming triggered the appearance of a merchant named "Mayonna."  I bought him a cake, and he thanked me afterward, and this is pretty much where I am.  There have not been any events or quest updates at all, and I have been scouring the forums trying to figure out what the next event is, so at least I have some idea of what to expect.   If the next stage is tied to some sort of plot event, then, of course that would explain things, but I have temporarily enabled debug and used ctrl+T on my most recent save to advance time by like 100 days, and there were still no lovetalks, events or anything.  

Oh, and I have been romancing Jaheira at the same time in order to observe the Nathaniel/Jaheria conflict that is spoken about in the Readme.  My intention has been to side with Nathaniel when he interjects, but so far Nathaniel has been fairly silent even though I've killed Galvarey and participated in a few conversations with Jaheira since then.  I really only remember him interjecting once.  I don't know if this would cause conflicts but I do not have the Ease of Use multiple romances cheat installed, so barring that, I am unsure of why it would.

So, I suppose my questions are - based on this information does anyone know what is supposed to happen next or if the romance has stalled?  I have read about some npc named "Avery" and "Latimer" but I honestly don't know which one is supposed to appear first or when.  

A great mod so far, I just hope my confusion is due to my impatience and not a serious glitch. Thanks for any help in advance!