BGEE/2?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 02:13 AM

Now this is fixed, the archive at the link has been updated!

Edited by Austin, 11 August 2022 - 04:18 AM.

#22 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 07:03 AM

I updated the archive and disabled the installation of Boots of the Bar, which would take the player to any inn of their choice. This item was the cause of many bugs and problems, according to our players - because it allowed the player to get out of the areas of the game or other mods, from which it is impossible to leave without completing some task, or to get (into EET) from BG1 to the BG2 areas, which is completely would break the plot.

Edited by Austin, 28 January 2022 - 07:05 AM.

#23 Endarire

Endarire
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 02:21 PM

Thankee, Austin!

May we get the latest EET version of this mod on GitHub?

#24 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 11:52 PM

May we get the latest EET version of this mod on GitHub?

The old version of the mod is on this GitHub: https://github.com/S...Shoes-and-Boots

The new version (since vanilla game compatibility is disabled in it) can be posted in another parallel directory there or on the SHS Github (if Gwendolyne checks my edits and finds them suitable). In any case, I can't post it on my Github account, since the mod already has another official account.

The mod can also be installed on EET, but on this version of the game there may be errors in the game, this requires testing.

Edited by Austin, 11 August 2022 - 04:18 AM.

#25 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 04:24 AM

Considering that there were reviews on G3 about possible problems with version 5.3 on EET, I added a clarification about this to previous messages.
On BG2EE, the mod (v.5.3) works without bugs (I tested the main component completely and found no errors).
If anyone is ready to modify this version so that it works without problems on EET, I will be grateful. I don't have enough experience to do it.

Edited by Austin, 11 August 2022 - 04:26 AM.

#26 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 06:36 AM

IIRC, the alu-fiends ending up with missing/wrong artwork also affects BG2EE (they're supposed to end up with Isair and Madae, but the mod includes them using the IAv5 μ prefix, which shouldn't be used on EEs, additionally the INI files are also missing for those two artwork). The EET section is indeed problematic on BG1.

TBH, the alu-fiends issue alone makes me want to not try updating this before the next Infinity Animations, to ensure the sync remains between the two mods (and maybe even migrate this one to ToBEx AL along).

Edited by Graion Dilach, 11 August 2022 - 06:37 AM.

#27 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 05:13 AM

IIRC, the alu-fiends ending up with missing/wrong artwork also affects BG2EE (they're supposed to end up with Isair and Madae, but the mod includes them using the IAv5 μ prefix, which shouldn't be used on EEs, additionally the INI files are also missing for those two artwork). The EET section is indeed problematic on BG1.

TBH, the alu-fiends issue alone makes me want to not try updating this before the next Infinity Animations, to ensure the sync remains between the two mods (and maybe even migrate this one to ToBEx AL along).

Where are these alu-fiends found in the game? Are you sure they are used by mod files? I just checked and I don't see any cre file that has alu-fiends animation. I played the game with this mod many times (both vanilla and EE) and never met them. The mod contains a lot of unused files - apparently, some plans of the author were associated with them.

Animations do not require IA on the EE version, as there are no animation slot restrictions in the EE version. As you can see, the mod is fully functional on BG2EE and all necessary animations work as they should (Aurora herself, her assistants, svirfneblin with and without an axe, goblin shamans, etc.)
Therefore, I see no reason why complicate the life of the players and force them to install some additional mods (IA or Tobex) for the sake of the work of Aurora, if I have added all the necessary animations in full and now you don’t need to install any other mods.

Edited by Austin, 12 August 2022 - 05:14 AM.

#28 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 06:06 AM

The Daemon Noble Boots (agboot37.itm) which can be crafted within Aurora's dialog tree allows summoning an alu-fiend (agaluf01.cre) or a cambion (agcamb01.cre) once per day. The Deamonfey Boots (agboot31.itm, distributed randomly to a shop in the game) can also summon these monsters, alongside the 02 supposed-to-be-hostile variants. agaluf01/02.cre would use Madae's animation, agcamb01/02.cre would use Isair's animation. These two animations are only included in the folders with their old IA animation filenames using the μ prefix and lack their necessary EE INI files. They are listed in the EE ANIMATE.IDS list as 0xE275/0xE277, but that's all what those two got even in SoD which backported a lot of IWD2 anims to BG.

Yes, animations do not require IA on the EEs, but the latest classic version shares all the animation data(-related) setup with the classic-only IAv5 to ensure the two mods remain compatible and this should remain the way it is. Last I followed, IAv6 intends to revert to the IWD2 original filenames on these mobs atleast on the EEs (maybe even on classic now as well, considering that ToBEx AL caught up to the EE INI softcodings). Gwendolyne's WIP IAv6 repo already include all the relevant resources for these two btw.

#29 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 03:25 AM

I didn't know about these items (never bought them in the game and did not use). Thank you very much for the information! I have animation files of these creatures and sound files, I will try to add them too if I can!
Their digital prefixes in EE are different, but changing them is not a problem. The only difficulty that I see in this is that I do not have an ini file for these creatures. As far as I know, they were in the IWD2 game, but I did not find the necessary ini file.

Until this is done, I can temporarily disable the installation of these two items,this would solve this problem.

Edited by Austin, 13 August 2022 - 04:45 AM.