Photo

SW:KotOR III the Emperors Ascension -news. Hih.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

Was browsing the net and flung it far from the course when I ran into this:
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic® 3: The Emperors Ascension by Droitech Games®. Release date set to 2015... and it's using the Epic Games Unreal Engine 3.

Yes, personally, now, I feel a lot suspicious about this, but we'll see, won't we.

Ha, the project is dead:

The game you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this game, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.

We regret to inform you that Lucasfilm has denied our request, we want to thank you though for your support but this wont be the last your hear of us. We won't be deleting our content that we have created but we will store it for the time being, and if we don't see Knights of the Old Republic 3 in the next ten years, Then we will present our case again to them. But on a personal note, perhaps this may encourage EA to pick this up, as there is great potential for this. We will keep doing our best and pleading with EA and Disney to let us make this game. <date: 1.9.2014>

Edited by The Imp, 01 September 2014 - 01:14 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Every indication is this is a fantasy project dreamed up by some guy or a troll attempt.

Droitech Games?  Not a real company.

Verified by anyone anywhere else? Nope.

Unprofessional? Ding ding ding!

If this were a serious fan project, they wouldn't claim it was a triple-A title they intend to release on both PC & consoles.  Even if they could make the game, that would be a sure-fire way to get it torpedoed by the people who own the rights.

#3 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

I'm with Mike on this one.  I call shenanigans!!

Edit: Especially since they plan to release on the "X-Bone"...

Edited by Eleima, 01 March 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#4 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

The official page doesn't exist.

Retired from modding.