Banters and Music malfunction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vasculio

Vasculio
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Loving this mod!

Especially the world map. You guys did an amazing job!

There is two things that are going on in my game right now.

Yes! I did the bg2fix before installing the Trilogy.

When my NPC party says a random banter. It doesn't show it on the screen. Yea it considered minor... but if you guys could fix it later. That would be awesome! 

Finally the music. Battle music doesn't function in battle. The temples play tavern music.

I made sure to install everthing from this mod.. to make sure the game run at 100%. So im confused why the music is jacked up?

Jaheira- You are amusing, in a "what the hell is wrong with you" kind of way.
Montaron- Ye live longer if ye don't annoy me. Mayhaps even a week or more.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

Well, when you say "banter", it's probably not actually banter, but battle responses that have no subtitles, or the random yells that the should be able to be included in the dialog window by adjusting the feedback options ... the banters are the dialog that has the player can select responses and can see what the NPC says etc, like hiring an NPC, or the dialog with the Winthrop. Also the dialog window can be scrolled back upwards.

Or am I wrong ?

About the music, well there's a few things there that are of note, one being that saving and loading the game during the time the battle is over while the music is still playing is noted to be causing problems, that should clear out when you restart the game, it has to do with the way the music is made to playing, especially in the first game. There's a BGT - high quality music tweak mod that requires other content, but it's said to be a little better.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

To have correct music in BGT currently you need to install BGTMusic with latest WeiDU and fixed TP2 file from Lollorian which was posted in some thread here recently. When installing from scratch, it might be easier to just use Big World Setup to do a minimalistic BGT install - it should include the necessary patches.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

Here :cheers:

PS: Even though I state that WeiDU version doesn't matter, it might be wise to get the latest WeiDU from here and rename it to setup-bgtmusic.exe before installing

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod