• Unfinished Business
  • 1PP
    • Core paperdolls
    • Extended palette entries
    • Female dwarves
    • Thieves galore
    • Legacy shields
    • Core updates and item patches

This setup works great on my Windows 7 x64 machine. Recently I got a Windows 8 laptop. I didn't want to go through all the steps of modding the game again so I copied the entire EasyTutu directory to the laptop's hard drive. I can launch the game, watch the opening videos, and select the game to load. But as soon as the loading screen appears, the game crashes with this error:

Baldur's Gate Error: Media Removed From Drive
Please Insert Baldur's Gate CD-1 Into CD-ROM Drive

Someone on the GOG forum mentioned that I should take a look at my baldur.ini file. That looks fine though:

[Alias]
HD0:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate Tutu\
CD1:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD2:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate Tutu\data\
CD3:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD4:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD5:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD6:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\

Finally here's my weidu.log:

Spoiler

Edited by FlameDeathFace, 06 March 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

Well, you need to make sure there's two game folders, the actual game path; C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate Tutu\ -and the - C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\ -paths.... or you need to copy the CD2-CD5 folders or their content in the BG2 game to the Baldur's Gate Tutu game and alter the path structure.

PS, the CD6:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\ -doesn't exist, so you can go ahead and remove it. Read the 2.Q3 point of this post, it's a side effects that the GOG game comes with.

So essentially you just failed to remember to copy the BG2 folder too.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 FlameDeathFace

FlameDeathFace
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:29 AM

At first I tried running the game without the BG2 folder there, but then I realized that wouldn't work. So I downloaded and installed BG2.. Now both folders are there ("Baldur's Gate Tutu" and "Baldur's Gate 2"), including the data folders, but I'm still getting the same error. Do you think it's looking for some specific file that's on my other hard drive? I figured the installs would be exactly the same. They both came from GOG after all.

Edited by FlameDeathFace, 06 March 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

Truthfully I have no idea... but how do you start the game ? What directory and so forth...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 FlameDeathFace

FlameDeathFace
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Darn. Well, I formatted my hard drive with Windows 7 - I can't stand 8 - and will try again tonight. This time I'll just install the game and mods instead of copying them over, and hopefully my save files will still work.

As for how I start the game, I go to C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate Tutu and open baldur.exe.

Edited by FlameDeathFace, 06 March 2014 - 12:34 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1pp, windows 8, tutu gui, widescreen mod, easy tutu