Parsing Parse Error on BG2EE OSX Install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Hi all,

Not sure how to express this... Tried to install Nat on BG2 Windows and it worked, but when I try to install on BG2EE on OSX, I get the following message. Any advice appreciated ^_^

J.

[./setup-Nathaniel] WeiDU version 23108
This is a non-stable version. Unless you're sure about what you're doing, consider downgrading.
[./setup-Nathaniel] Using scripting style "BG1"
In state 86, I expected one of these tokens:
  [104] AND_EQUALS
  [205] DIVIDE_EQUALS
  [212] BXOR_EQUALS
  [218] PLUS_EQUALS
  [225] OR_EQUALS
  [227] TIMES_EQUALS
  [334] BLSR_EQUALS
  [342] BLSL_EQUALS
  [361] EQUALS
  [375] MINUS_EQUALS
Parse error (state 86) at ~~

[NATHANIEL/SETUP-NATHANIEL.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 308 column 1-20
Near Text: EXISTING
GLR parse error

[NATHANIEL/SETUP-NATHANIEL.TP2]  ERROR at line 308 column 1-20
Near Text: EXISTING
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [NATHANIEL/SETUP-NATHANIEL.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [NATHANIEL/SETUP-NATHANIEL.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

WeiDU version 23108

You need the weidu command tool version 23600 to install this in Windows too, so you need the OS X Binary archive from there and extract it to the game folder, rename the weidu.<osx extension> as setup-Nathaniel.<osx extension> and then try to run it.

Erhm, actually the minimum might be v23200 ... but whatever, let's not hump the periods.

Edited by The Imp, 24 March 2014 - 09:18 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Thank you! I was using 231 so it probably crashed. Now Nat works nicely ^_^

#4 Alexios

Alexios
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

Don't you experience the same dialogue issue? It's probably because the latest versions of the Nathaniel mod (4.3 and 4.4) have it, as the mod worked just fine on the same system in an earlier version on my Windows7-PC and with the original BG2.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

Don't you experience the same dialogue issue? It's probably because the latest versions of the Nathaniel mod (4.3 and 4.4) have it, as the mod worked just fine on the same system in an earlier version on my Windows7-PC and with the original BG2.

There was some scrambling of the dialogue (incorrect dialogue reference) but I just restored the backup copy of dialog.tlk and reinstalled Nat.

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

There was some scrambling of the dialogue (incorrect dialogue reference) but I just restored the backup copy of dialog.tlk and reinstalled Nat.