Photo

Containers shutting automatilly

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 majikwheel

majikwheel
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Hey guys. This is a common problem. When I open containers they auto shut. I have to pause the game to. Same with ground items. Imoens find traps shuts off instantly and she only walks short distances. I have heard it might be a AI script issue through google. It happened in my last game as well as this current one. I have never been able to track down a possible solution. Anyone here know one ?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

Well, you can shut the lantern down, which disables the party AI.. but better might be to select a ~"standard attack" AI from the party member AI selection, which you go to from the party member customization options. 

It's likely tha someone has changed the default scripting  enough to add extensive scripting to the AI files that the default game uses ... if the above won't fix the issue and it's likely the case, you just need to make a custom copy of one of the .bcs files, set it's name to be "new".bcs (without the quotes, but as this is an example, I'll leave them there) and open the file with NearInfinty or DLTCEP and replace the whole thing with this in it instead(as this is the whole of a original default.bs script):

IF
  InWeaponRange(Nearestenemyof(Myself))
  ActionListEmpty()
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    AttackOneRound(Nearestenemyof(Myself))
END

IF
  AttackedBy([0],DEFAULT)
  ActionListEmpty()
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    AttackOneRound(Lastattackerof(Myself))
END

And recompile it. Edit out the c from the .bcs -extension, making it to be "new".bs, put the file to the <game folder>\scripts -folder, and then load the game and select the recompiled "new" script. To see the in game default.bs script you can again copy the file in the scripts folder and add the middle c to the extension and open it with IE tools.

There also is likely to be other scripts that's unresolved, and bad for the whole game, but it mainly sounds as if your default.bs script is just too overcome-some, which the above will fix for sure, as it will only attack if it sees enemies.

To know for sure what scripts take actions when, you need to install the LSTest tool from my Mega Mod FAQ thread, and let it run during the game and see the results... you will have to uninstall the mod as it's just a debug tool that breaks the in game cinematics, but at that point it has already filled it's purpose.

Edited by The Imp, 21 April 2014 - 05:57 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:22 AM

Sorry if you read the above post already... cause you need to read it again after the last edit. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 majikwheel

majikwheel
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

I thank you. I am going to give this a try.....Its getting on my nerves =p

#5 majikwheel

majikwheel
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

Well I installed the LSTEST Tool thingie. I could be a nitwit, but I think I might have found the glitch. Now I am not sure if I am supposed to ' play' the game while its running or walk away and let it do its thing........am I ?.....eh anyways.....it keeps listing Imoen block 16 bcs...over and over ...I would say 98 % of the time thats the only message I get...so I am to assume the glitch is with Imoen ? I wanted to try the....more easy appearing solution before I attempt the ...well what seems to me more complicated =p

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

Well I installed the LSTEST Tool thingie. I could be a nitwit, but I think I might have found the glitch. Now I am not sure if I am supposed to ' play' the game while its running or walk away and let it do its thing........am I ?.....eh anyways.....it keeps listing Imoen block 16 bcs...over and over ...I would say 98 % of the time thats the only message I get...so I am to assume the glitch is with Imoen ? I wanted to try the....more easy appearing solution before I attempt the ...well what seems to me more complicated =p
Well, I would request that you open the indicated .bcs file with NearInfinity or DLTCEP and, either find the block 16 and display it for us, or export the source file for it, in NI this is easier as the export... tool has the option, it will save the file as a .baf file, with the default name imoen.baf to where ever you save it as. You then just need to open the file with Notepad and copy paste the text to a post.
If you still have the LSTest mod installed, you can find the exact place where it is by reading the associated text...
Anyways, after this you can uninstall the LSTest mod by running the setup-LSTest.exe in your game folder and select the U & ENTER to uninstall it.

Now then to fix the problem, you could just remove the script block from the script file and recompile it, and the problem should disappear.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Still working on trying to figure this out....I feel really stupid...but I cant seem to be able to post immy's files....and trying to figure out how to edit the default....which by the way matches up to what you posted....makes me wonder if its not that. I noticed the AI scripts are all now changed to SCS ease of use....if that helps.....once I can freakin post immys files it make it even easier

#8 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

This sounds like a normal stutter bug: Imoen tries to intitiate dialogue, but no valid dialogue option is present, so her script fires again and again, leading to the described behaviour.  Best you use the Stutter-Debugtool as described here and see what script block is doing this, then we can help you better. Here is a prepared stutter tool which you can install like a normal mod (no worries, it's a German site): Stutter Debug Tool. Just download and unpack it into your BGII/BT folder and install it like a normal mod. For scripts to patch I'd suggest any script that could add to Imeon. Do you know how to use NI (Near Infinity) to look them up? (If this is an Ajantis / Breagar mod conflict I'll start screaming. :) )

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read carfully enough. Seems you already know the culprit "Imoen block 16 bcs". Now tell us what this scriptblock says, e.g. by looking it up using NI. In NI; you can copy the script block and post it here.

Edited by jastey, 01 May 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Stutter Debug Tool.

That's an early version of the bigg's debugging tool that I* made into the LSTest tool that I spread in my megamod FAQ... and I am pretty sure mine is better as it covers all the scripts.

*actually not really sure that I did, but whatever, I compiled it, I also got enhancement to it from somewhere else...

#10 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

Yes, sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. And thank you for pointing this out, I do not get every new tool that is released, especially on SHS - I do not browse the forums carefully enough. So: cool!

#11 majikwheel

majikwheel
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hey everyone......been a while......yes I am still working on fixing this problem........This is going to sound really stupid...the LStool..........do you need to play the game while its running ? I noticed it repeats the same script over and over..unless someone attacks the party........so I am assuming playing helps dig up the script ? and then when it finally finishes running it tries to correct it ? 

I gave up trying the other options imp mentioned above. I have the DLCTP and the fear infinity programs...but I dont get the edit...recompile idea ...decompile and I have no idea where the imoen 16 block is....I even tried to cut and paste the example up top there in and save it to change the script...nada.......I managed to figure out how to edit characters....but that doesnt help here.... so I decided to go back to the LStool idea....I thought maybe i either installed it wrong like a dummy or I am not doing something right. 

#12 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

This is going to sound really stupid...the LStool..........do you need to play the game while its running ?
No worries... the tool is stupid(honestly, as I copied it, I can say that). It just makes your character say what script blocks are run when you play the game. So yes, you need to actually play the game for it to give you the info. You should notice a pattern when you notice the stutter, of a certain block. It would be good to know the exact weidu.log and the script block number said. This info is elemental, so say the identified info was "Running block #16 of imoen.bcs".
Then examining the current script which will give all that you need. For example, if you have NearInfinity (fearinfinity, heh), you just run the NearInfinity.jar file in the game install folder, and you open up the BCS folder, in this given example, you open the "imoen.bcs", and you'll see the exact line that was printed during the game with added content around it like, this is in the Script source (decompiled) -view: ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,~Running block #16 of imoen.bcs~) if you go down the structure of the script using the elevator ... now the code up from the line to the first "IF" and ending up past it to the first "END" is the cause of the stuttering. You should let everyone know what it is and we'll take it from there.

Edited by The Imp, 13 July 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#13 majikwheel

majikwheel
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

Ok I will try again...and yes I did mean near...not fear....though my heart beats pretty fast when i am screwing with it =p......very fitting typo =p

#14 -majikwheel-

-majikwheel-

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

Hello all. I am running the LStester and when I try to leave jons dungeon I get a half black screen and only four chars stand there and nothing ha[ppens. I am assuming that its due to the fact that immy and my protag dont move ...the protag doesnt go through due to the lstester and immy when her scripts are messed up. I tried to find the uninstall but i cant seem to . Any help would be lovely

#15 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

Hello all. I am running the LStester and when I try to leave jons dungeon I get a half black screen and only four chars stand there and nothing ha[ppens. I am assuming that its due to the fact that immy and my protag dont move ...the protag doesnt go through due to the lstester and immy when her scripts are messed up. I tried to find the uninstall but i cant seem to . Any help would be lovely
Just rerun the setup-lstest.exe again and select the u to uninstall.
If the uninstall fails, copy paste the .-debug files content when you open it with Notepad to a post.

Edited by The Imp, 30 August 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#16 -majikwheel-

-majikwheel-

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

Well just so you know. We posted enough back and forth.....Immy fixed herself when she got immynapped and the containers stopped auto shutting when she left.....now she is back and no script issues.....yay!