BWP for mac?

mac os x bwp bws

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Sammo-

-Sammo-

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

As some of you might be aware, gog.com recently released mac versions of the IE games, including BG1 and 2. Since these are simply the pc versions made mac compatible via Wine, all the mods should theoretically work. I was wondering whether anyone had any thoughts on using BWP with these versions. Would it feasible, or even possible?

#2 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

You can follow the BWP installation guide and manually install each mod you want to use, but if you follow the guide to the letter (at least using the Expert installation), your game will be bug-ridden and unplayable. Not to mention that the .bat files won't run, but need to be rewritten in UNIX command scripting, then saved and run as .sh files.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

Hi Sammo:

I am playing BGT on my iMac.  I installed Windows 7 with Boot-Camp (mandatory on my iMac) and play the PC version.  I also have the GOG PC version but have not tested that on the iMac.

I also have the same game on a PC with Windows XPBGT works much better on the iMac than on the PC and with fewer computer type problems.

Tom 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, os x, bwp, bws