Photo

Konva's In game issues

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

veecou, ok ill wait :) but still its not fixed, and i cant play atm. One thing im sure, is that is not caused by RoT, but something about the mage, ill try something.

well, i loaded game, that fight I mentioned before doesnt even start. But there is something wrong. Tried to log it with tobex, there is something interesting which probably cause these CTD.. Is there a way how to store all TobEx logs for debugging? I cant scroll over because it crashes and win 7 UI offers me to close it.

Edited by konva, 13 June 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#102 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

Well TobEx console provides some usefull info. There are lot of missing files which may cause these CTD.

Here is log:

Spoiler

DUEARC03 and DUEARC04 are the problematic creatures I have found atm. Clua them makes CTD. In NI i cant find these NPC's to remove them to try the another one. Any ideas how could I fix this?

Edited by konva, 13 June 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#103 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

µJYA1.BAM ...

Any ideas how could I fix this?

Yes, extract and install the Infinity Animations and related mods(W_mule etc.) using the ~English code page(1252). Point 3.2 in my FAQ.

The BWS shouldn't allow you to install these anymore without the correct code page, and the mod itself should not either.

Edited by The Imp, 13 June 2014 - 10:55 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#104 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

okay thanks, ill try it :)

#105 veecou

veecou
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

Konva,I am in Irenicus 2nd level saw cut-scenes entreri -jarlaxle,fights etc and after finish game running ok,if you need to send you any file from my installation (since it is similar) to compare with yours or try and replace to see if it works let me know .I dont know much but sometimes CTD problems when enter to a new area solved by replacing the area file from a working installation..You have nothing to lose,if that doesn't work you put back your own file.

EDIT:I saw you ask about tobex log ,I'm not sure if I understand what you ask but anyway if you want to see everything in detail go to TobExCore.ini (in tobex folder,but first copy and keep it somewhere as backup),then open and under [debug] change all 0 values to 1,then go to your game and recreate the CTD.So your tobex.log will be more complete about the incident and then you can post it here.And dont forget to restore your old ini. :) If you have already done this sorry ..

Good luck :)

btw i have problem too in Irenicus but not serious like yours just very annoying ..http://www.shsforums...ogram/?p=569582 and http://www.shsforums...ogram/?p=569570

You notice anything like this or it is just me?

Edited by veecou, 13 June 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#106 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

veecou, the mine issue is because missing some bam files. And i dont have any else issues atm.

Btw, reinstalled Infinity Animations, but why SCS starts to install? :o

#107 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Btw, reinstalled Infinity Animations, but why SCS starts to install? :o
Because the weidu mods install on top of each others and you can't uninstall one without the other... what you should have done is run the BiG World Setup.vbs and make a new install.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#108 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

well, thats good to know :D

#109 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

Is there a way how to check during installation if these Animations are installed sucesfully?

#110 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

Is there a way how to check during installation if these Animations are installed sucesfully?

Well, yes and no.

There are several failure states that you have to eliminate. One can be found in the check of the setup-modname.debug file or the BiG World Debug.txt file, the mod itself can fail to install. Another is to check the file names in the install folder, that they look OK, so they have their own £/µ/Þ/... file names according to the 1252 codepage, and another is to find the files with NearInfinity.
And then there's the last: Hope the cheese factory(mods installed after the InfAnim mods) didn't cheese some of the .cre files by retro assigning them the no longer existing _LOW animations.

#111 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Well, Setup-Infinityanimations.debug doesnt exist in my folder :D ... Big World Debug ... im not familiar with chaotic files (Im always neutral alignment :D )

D:\Hry\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content   my game path and some files looks like.. ¢A¢A1A4, µabsd, Øcqg23  .. so It seems OK right? :)

#112 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

so It seems OK right? :)
Correct, yes.
Well, Setup-Infinityanimations.debug doesnt exist in my folder :D ... Big World Debug ... im not familiar with chaotic files
This is why you indeed need to enable the file extension in your operation system so you don't click the wrong file type, and why I actually always write the file extensions. The Notepad has search function that allows you to find "error" / "failure" 's in the file, which is the first response for me at least when looking at debug files.

Edited by The Imp, 15 June 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#113 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

okay, I hope my saves will work :D Really dont want to spend a lot of time playing whole game again from candlekeep :D

#114 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

okay, I hope my saves will work :D Really dont want to spend a lot of time playing whole game again from candlekeep :D

Gandalf Stormcrow comes to the Hall of Meduseld to meat Théoden, the king of Rohan, a line is said: "An ill news is an ill guest."
Yep, you have to. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 15 June 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#115 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

thats sad, ok it takes around 20 or more hours :D np :D, and if I remember all the issues I have, how to fix them.. :D

#116 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

Well, Tried to load old saves, it works, but now the same problem occurs, again missinf BAM files :D

Changed the 

ar0603.bcs duearc03 Duergar 2073 fighter_male_dwarf_low UNKNOWN_TYPE
ar0603.bcs duearc04 Duergar 2073 fighter_male_dwarf_low UNKNOWN_TYPE

to 

ar0603.bcs duearc03 Duergar 2073 fighter_male_dwarf UNKNOWN_TYPE
ar0603.bcs duearc04 Duergar 2073 fighter_male_dwarf UNKNOWN_TYPE

Edited by konva, 16 June 2014 - 12:38 AM.

#117 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

Hi again, I messed RoT by removing drizzt from party, any chance to fix it, i need to do other quests first.

#118 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

Hello again, nvm last questin, i have started brand-new game with 3 members only xD But what i want to know is why in bag of holding i have unlimited stocks of some potions, but potion of refreshment is missing? In my last game i have all potions 62x and potion of refreshment too. I talk about Orange Bag of Holding founf during DToSC Dark One quest in that house where phylatecy is. Any ideas why it is this like randomed? :D

#119 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

Hello, i have problem with Haiass, he just stop following me through maps, but in map where he stops, he follows me. I have talked to him to stop and to follow, but still after entering map, he doesnt spawn. Also i have trouble finding Geraldo¨s house where i am supposed to kill gibberlings. Any ideas how to fix those? :)

#120 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

Hello, i have problem with Haiass, he just stop following me through maps, but in map where he stops, he follows me. I have talked to him to stop and to follow, but still after entering map, he doesnt spawn. Also i have trouble finding Geraldo¨s house where i am supposed to kill gibberlings. Any ideas how to fix those? :)

After talking to Geraldo the Magnificent you get Geraldo's Key. Then open door about (AR7700, x 4100 y 2825) and go into Geraldo's House (AC0711).

About Haiass don't know and don't use the mod.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible