Help with BWP V14 mega mod game.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

I started a new mega-mod game using the BiG World Project V14 files and the latest versions of mods. This is very similar to the mega mod game I made with BiG World Project V13 files which installs and runs with only minor problems. The major difference is V13 uses SCSII V24 and V14 uses SCS v28.

Here are the error messages at the end of the install which show mods that were not installed:

Ding0's Tweak Pack was not installed.
The system cannot find the path specified.

Drizzt Saga was not installed.

'Sith' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [2 times]

NPC Tweak was not installed.

SP Items was not installed.

Tortured Souls was not installed.

Tortured Souls TS-BP was not installed.

All the above are preceded by %INST% or %INSTI% so perhaps there are some typos in the coding.

BIG World Install.bat V14 was modified similarly to BIG World Install.bat V13 which works. The major difference was was that some new mods were added and some old mods were deleted.

In addition to not getting the above mods installed, the game does not start. The TobEX Console opens and stays on the screen. The Baldur's Gate pictures start normally and work until the screen appears where you choose between Baldur's Gate (Shadows of Amn) and Throne of Bhaal. I choose 'Baldur's Gate new game' and screen turns black and game stops. TobEX Console stays open and music continues to play.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In the mean time I will restart the game and see how long the screen stays black. I remember some mods use older versions of WeiDU. So I will check that and replace them with the latest version if they exist.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 01 June 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#2 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

I found an old version of WeiDU.exe and replaced it.  Defragged the hard drive.  Now the game works.  Just need to get the other mods (mentioned above installed).

Other problems:

I have the following code in BiG World Install.bat:

GOTO SKIP066

findstr /I /M "ALORA.TP2~.*#.*#0./ BG1NPCSOA.TP2~.*#.*#2./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%BGTTweak.exe %TXT% | findstr @342 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1800"
)
findstr /I /M "BRANWENNPC.TP2~.*#.*#0./ POB.TP2~.*#.*#0./ BG1NPCSOA.TP2~.*#.*#2./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%BGTTweak.exe %TXT% | findstr @343 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1801"
)
findstr /I /M "ELDOTH.TP2~.*#.*#0./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%BGTTweak.exe %TXT% | findstr @344 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1802"
)
findstr /I /M "TDD.TP2~.*#.*#0./ ACBRE.TP2~.*#.*#0./ BG1NPCSOA.TP2~.*#.*#4./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%BGTTweak.exe %TXT% | findstr @345 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1803"
)
findstr /I /M "TDD.TP2~.*#.*#0./ KIVAN.TP2~.*#.*#0./ BG1NPCSOA.TP2~.*#.*#6./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%BGTTweak.exe %TXT% | findstr @346 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1804"
)
findstr /I /M "BGTNEJ2.TP2~.*#.*#3./ NEJ2v68.TP2~.*#.*#6./ NEJ2v691.TP2~.*#.*#6./ TDD.TP2~.*#.*#0./ SHARTEEL.TP2~.*#.*#0./ BG1NPCSOA.TP2~.*#.*#0./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%BGTTweak.exe %TXT% | findstr @347 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1805"
)
findstr /I /M "SKIE.TP2~.*#.*#0./ BG1NPCSOA.TP2~.*#.*#0./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%BGTTweak.exe %TXT% | findstr @348 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1806"
)
findstr /I /M "XAN.TP2~.*#.*#0./ BG1NPCSOA.TP2~.*#.*#8./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%BGTTweak.exe %TXT% | findstr @349 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1807"
)
findstr /I /M "TDD.TP2~.*#.*#0./ BG1NPCSOA.TP2~.*#.*#0./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
%IFS%BGTTweak.exe %TXT% | findstr @356 | %C% >> %E%
) else (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1808"
)

findstr /I /M "DSOTSC.TP2~.*#.*#5./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814"
)

:SKIP066

findstr /I /M "DSOTSC.TP2~.*#.*#5./" WeiDU.log>nul
if %errorlevel%==0 (
Call %INSTI% BGTTweak "1811 1813"

)

The code between GOTO SKIP066 and :SKIP066 executes.  The code after :SKIP066 does not.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help;

Tom

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

I created a new mega-mod game.  This time I used the minimum amount of mods.  After the game was created, I added Tortured Souls TS-BP, Drizzt Saga, SP Items, and NPC Tweak.  Then I manually installed these four.

Drizzt Saga, SP Items, and NPC Tweak installed without any problems.  Tortured Souls TS-BP did not install due to errors.  So I assume the mod files for Drizzt Saga, SP Items, and NPC Tweak are without error and the problem is with BiG World Install V14.1.1.  My version of Tortured Souls TS-BP is probably corrupt.  I will download a clean version.

The error is "The system cannot find the path specified."  I assume that Install.bat and Install_q.bat (files in BiG World Installpack) are working correctly but the file that contains the names of the mod setup-xxxxx.exe file or the mod setup-xxxxx.tp2 file does not match the name in the BiG World Install.bat file.  I will try to find them, but I could use some help locating the files.

Thanks for any help as I really want to add them to my game.

The only problem I have right now is that there are frequent crashes.  The good news is that they are not repeatable crashes so I can restart the game and continue from the point of the crash.

Thanks again,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 12 June 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#4 -Roboghost-

-Roboghost-

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

'Sith' error is due to folder/file: BiG World Installpack/list.txt.  Line 229 should have the "&" replaced with "and"

I spotted other errors related to this in folder/file: BiG World Installpack/config.bat

Line 843 should be:

%IF% "bardkit_finalized_18-01-10" ren "bardkit_finalized_18-01-10" "bardkit" | %M%

Lines 845 and 846 should be {I think}:
%IF% "Setup-Jedi&Sith.exe" ren "Setup-Jedi&Sith.exe" "Setup-Jedi_Sith.exe" | %M%

%IF% "Setup-Jedi&Sith.tp2" ren "Setup-Jedi&Sith.tp2" "Setup-Jedi_Sith.tp2 | %M%

Yes, I thank the 'Sith' modder for the mod, but they should be thumped for using the "&" sign in a file name :)

The batch / text files are getting bigger, so could probably use some maintenance, etc.

#5 -Roboghost-

-Roboghost-

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

oops...add the closing quote on the .tp2" line ! (see...hard to get it right)

#6 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hi Roboghost: Thanks for the information. I am midway through SoA, but I will make sure I use the fixes in my next game. Tom