Questions on Igi's Learn-Through-Use

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

OMG! The dialog finally compiled!!! XD Thanks Imp! :D

All I need to do now is to make the creature talk to the user... Umm... this script doesn't work... I even tried changing the gender of the invisible creature to "summoned" but still nothing...

//If an enemy exists, then the creature is destroyed.
IF
  Exists([EVILCUTOFF])
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DisplayString(LastSummonerOf(Myself),@1000)
    DestroySelf()
END

//If summoned, the creature will force initiate a dialog with its summoner.
IF
  !Exists([EVILCUTOFF])
  See(LastSummonerOf(Myself))
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DialogForceInterrupt(LastSeenBy(Myself))
END

//Destroys self after a successful conversation is made
IF
  Global("A4PBRAD","LOCALS",1)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("A4PBRAD","LOCALS",0)
    DestroySelf()
END

#22 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

All I need to do now is to make the creature talk to the user... Umm... this script doesn't work... I even tried changing the gender of the invisible creature to "summoned" but still nothing...
Hmm, it could be that you don't force the action to the player character, say:
IF
  Exists([EVILCUTOFF])
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DisplayString(LastSummonerOf(Myself),@1000)
    DestroySelf()
END
Could be:
IF
  Exists([EVILCUTOFF])
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),DisplayString(Myself),@1000))
    DestroySelf()
END
Also the EVILCUTOFF is not always clear definition, and lastly you don't need to reset the LOCALS to zero at the end, and you might consider NumTimesTalkedTo(1) to be a better trigger for the self destroy event.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#23 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

I see... thanks for the tips. Oh and another thing, could you tell me how  to use this to force the manual user to talk to the invisible creature? I can't figure out what variable it is...

ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),(suppose to be a command to talk to the invisible creature here...))

#24 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

(suppose to be a command to talk to the invisible creature here...)

One of the dialog commands... the Dialog(LastSummonerOf(Myself)) would be my guess. Yes, there's several options.

Edited by The Imp, 14 June 2014 - 11:12 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#25 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

I doubt this is rightly done but...

IF
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ActionOverride("A4PBSCU0",StartDialogueNoSet(LastSeenBy(Myself)))
END

"A4PBSCU0" = is the file name of the invisible creature. Examples in IESDP however puts the in game name as a variable instead of the file name (example, putting "Anomen" instead of "ANOMEN10" for a variable). But the invisible creature I have has no name... I don't know if putting its file name as the variable would work or not...

EDIT: Still nothing. Not even the dialogue is initiating... -_-

Edited by Aeviannce, 14 June 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#26 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

"A4PBSCU0" = is the file name of the invisible creature. Examples in IESDP however puts the in game name as a variable instead of the file name (example, putting "Anomen" instead of "ANOMEN10" for a variable). But the invisible creature I have has no name... I don't know if putting its file name as the variable would work or not...
You can set the "death variable" at the copy phase. This is what I do with my .cre:
//the invisible creature that ends up turning our hero in to the kit
COPY ~modfolder/invicre.cre~		~override/ij#gdrag.cre~
  WRITE_ASCII ~0x0248~ ~ij#gdrag~								// Override script
  WRITE_ASCII ~0x0280~ ~ij#gdrag~								// Death Variable
The death variable is the "x" in the ActionOverride("x", plah plah...

Edited by The Imp, 14 June 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#27 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:01 AM

Ah I see... Well, my script name, creature and DV have all the same names so I doubt that's the problem. I placed a short debug block in the script file. I think the problem is that the script does not run at all. When the creature gets summoned, the script doesn't run, that's why the dialogue wont initiate. Could it be due to the state of creature summoning being "friendly" instead of "original"?

EDIT: Well, I changed the summoning state to "original". Still didn't do anything. Oh and I also doubled check the the creature if the dialogue, override and DV is properly designated. Yes they were but it seems that the script doesn't really work at all...

Here is the script I'm currently using:

IF
  Exists([EVILCUTOFF])
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DestroySelf()
END

IF
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DisplayStringHead(LastSummonerof(Myself),@1000) //I am summoned...
END

//I changed it to player1 so I can get a more exact response.
IF
  NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
  !Exists([EVILCUTOFF])
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ActionOverride("A4PBSCU0",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
END

//Destroys self after a successful conversation is made
IF
  NumTimesTalkedTo(1)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DestroySelf()
END

Edited by Aeviannce, 15 June 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#28 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:10 AM

Could you upload the files you have ? To mediafire or any site that you know... it might be that I just need to adjust it a bit, I'll tell you how later.

#29 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

Here you go: 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/15qk16

Thanks! :)

#30 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar0602.bcs~ ~<modfolder>/AR0602.baf~
ar0602.baf code:
IF
  Global("IJ#BAC9","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("IJ#BAC9","GLOBAL",1)
    ActionOverride("Chest 7",CreateItem("IJ#brac9")) 
END
---yep, the IJ#BAC9 is my global, and the IJ#brac9.itm is my item, so you obviously change those parts.

Is there a way to add items in areas without the use of GLOBALS? :o

Edited by Aeviannce, 19 June 2014 - 03:55 AM.

#31 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

Is there a way to add items in areas without the use of GLOBALS? :o

Yes, but I believe it's not worth the effort of try.

#32 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

Ah well... nevermind then.

I see some areas with no equivalent bcs assigned to them. Is it still possible to add items in those areas through other means? Because right now, I'm using the code which you posted earlier. The one that extends the bcs file of an area. Is it possible to append an item other than making use of the area's bcs?

#33 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

Ah well... nevermind then.

I see some areas with no equivalent bcs assigned to them. Is it still possible to add items in those areas through other means? Because right now, I'm using the code which you posted earlier. The one that extends the bcs file of an area. Is it possible to append an item other than making use of the area's bcs?

Well, to get that easier, you should check if the area has a script and assign it if it doesn't... in a BiG World games you are more than likely to find no .are files that don't have an active script. For example the w_mule mod deals with this sort of thing... now then if you don't have script in the area but you sill want to add the item, you can also put the item to a dead character and insert it to the are file. But again that's actually easier to do with a help of an area script.

But why are you asking such a thing ? Ouh, and the baldur.bcs is always running, so you can use that, just make sure you absolutely need the script section to be in that file and not in elsewhere... and that you won't block the script, cause that will give you all sort of cheese if it blocks an essential part of the game.

#34 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Hmm... sounds like a lot of work. To answer your question, I wanted to put some items on areas with no script, that's why I was asking if it was possible. Well, it seems like there would be a lot more potential problems if I do that. Better stick to areas with scripts I guess. Thanks~ :D

#35 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:34 AM

My internet connection bugged down and was only fixed a while ago. I'll upload the finish mod sometime tomorrow. Cheers~ :D