IWD:HoW Party Composition Thread

IWD HoW Party Class Multiclass Dual-class

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ape_style

ape_style
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

One of my favourite things about IWD is the ability to construct your whole party the way you want it without missing out on NPC quests and banters etc and how this allows for idiosyncratic tactics and potentially silly character concepts that can work within a specific party.

My current IWD:HoW party is :

Tori.

Human Fighter Dualclasses to Druid

uses spears and scimitars

Shivrynne,

Gnome fighter

Uses greatswords and halberds

The Scholar

Elf Fighter/Mage

Uses axes and casts armour a lot

Angelo

Elf Fighter/Thief

bows and crossbows

Ari of Pythi (named after Aristarchus and Pythagoras) 

Half-elf Cleric/Mage

I'm interested to hear other people's party ideas.

Brown Bear- attacks Squirrel
Brown Bear did 18 damage to Squirrel
Squirrel- death

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

Icewind Dale NPC? :)

#3 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

2 Mage/Fighters. 1 Thief/Cleric (give em axes/swords and a sling/mace and you're ready to go)
2 Ranger/Clerics 2 Bards (was pretty good playable on HoF)
3 Bards (sing me a song)
1 Fighter/Druid, 1 Bard (think I left them at the TotLM-castle though - couldn't match the guards)

I wanted some stories with the NPCs though. Banters make the game more livelier. There's a mod for NPC s by the way.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#4 ape_style

ape_style
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:44 AM

Icewind Dale NPC? :)

I was thinking about it, but I haven't actually completed vanilla IWD yet... I played is as a kid, but never got particularly far.

The NPC project is one my play-list, though. As much as I like creating a whole party and coming up with characters, IWD does seem flat and static compared to BGII.

Squirrel- death

#5 ape_style

ape_style
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

2 Mage/Fighters. 1 Thief/Cleric (give em axes/swords and a sling/mace and you're ready to go)
2 Ranger/Clerics 2 Bards (was pretty good playable on HoF)
3 Bards (sing me a song)
1 Fighter/Druid, 1 Bard (think I left them at the TotLM-castle though - couldn't match the guards)

I wanted some stories with the NPCs though. Banters make the game more livelier. There's a mod for NPC s by the way.

What's with the bard? Like, I don't quite get. I love Haer'Dalis in BGII but pretty much only because of the armour that doesn't hinder spellcasting.

I'm curious as to how they play otherwise.

Squirrel- death

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

What's with the bard? Like, I don't quite get. I love Haer'Dalis in BGII but pretty much only because of the armour that doesn't hinder spellcasting.

Well, the bard can the mages job better than a mage if you have less party members, and you can min max it's stats better. But at 6 party, they $837 bad. And yes, there's an armor exclusive for them & fighter/mages that doesn't hinder the spell casting.

Well, unless you have IwDinBG2 and take 6 bard kits that compliment each others, and that will be a slugger fest the first few levels.

My party in IwDinBG2 is likely to contain a Ranger/Cleric multi, either a Barbarian or dwarf fighter(Berserker's nice) or paladin of some kind, some mix of Thief and Mage. And a Monk or a Sorcerer or the sorcerer kit I made from this that's combining both :devil: .. I might as well throw a Blade there in too.

The NPC mod acclimates well into those definitions. As do ~5 of the IwDinBG2 tweakpacks NPCs.

Edited by The Imp, 10 June 2014 - 05:16 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

I'm curious as to how they play otherwise.

Uhm, you know about the songs and you know -- they stack.
So you get freaky regeneration speed, decrease damage and so you are pretty tough to beat after the first chapter.... at least I usually hit Level 11 when clearing the bottom level of the first dungeon. Not sure but I think the songs last a bit so you can sing and do something in a round. Bit of micromanagement, but doable. If things get tough, heal while feeing for some rounds and continue.

Couple that with iron skin (?) or other improvements you got a good frontcourt and you can travel around a map with your summons.
You also gain quick experience and the magic spells hit level 8 (?). So that's pretty good. If you couple that with some decent weapons like the Sith Bow (?) or something else, you're good. You also got a few items that are for bards only. LIke the horn calling the barbariens. As said, they last some time while you are chanting.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IWD, HoW, Party, Class, Multiclass, Dual-class