Baldur's gate 2 and modding...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hydra092

Hydra092
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Heya,

My apologies if that has been asked again and again, but I was looking to get back into BG2 and make a big mod compilations of everything I fancy to play during the summer in just one installation.

Can you install BG trilogy without compromising Baldur's gate 1 assets ? like the music, and use mods like for example Darkside of the Sword Coast + Northern Tales for BG1 while adding extra NPCs and continuing adding Shadows Over Soubar and the darkest day without having a mess full of errors and incompatibility issues.

Edited by Hydra092, 21 June 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

Can you install BG trilogy without compromising Baldur's gate 1 assets ?

What are meaning by asking this ?

You need a clean full install of BG1 for the current form of the BGT, for it to be installed. Yes, it leaves it's marker to the bg1 game, but it's a clean install just for that game, making it possible to uninstall remove the cheese and then reinstall the game.

The rest is megamoding and well the BWS is best at it, so use it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.