Baldur's Gate 1&2 enhanced editons sound sets.

Enhanced edition soundsets

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 -Pharaun159-

-Pharaun159-

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

Hi guys,

Been playing BG for along time.  Love it.  Always had fun custom portaits and soundsets.  But for some reason i can not get this to work on the new enhnced editions of the game.  it seems to be a different file type.  Any suggestions on how to get these to work with both games?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

Well, this mod is a bit obscured by the fact that for the full version, the readme is off by a mile, the archive doesn't contain an "installer ("shs#soundsets.exe")", but the install_win.bat, and that files are in the archives in a sub folder, which means that you should extract the mod to a random deletable folder, go inside the extraction folder and copy the soundset folder, the oggdec.exe and the "install_win.bat" into the game folder and run the last file. This will unpack the .ogg files to a format the game can use and place them into the correct folder(and it also deletes the unusable .ogg files).

Edited by The Imp, 26 June 2014 - 02:39 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Don Nadie-

-Don Nadie-

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

Hello! I'm having a similar problem, but for some reason, if I follow your instructions it does not work... The batch pops out, says that it can't find the specified route and dissapears... 

I would really appreciate any help... This is a great mod!

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

Hello! I'm having a similar problem...

So use the full version.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 -Don Nadie-

-Don Nadie-

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:12 AM

Oh, sorry, I did not make myself clear enough...

My issue happens using the Full version. I extract in the directory the install_win, the soundsets folder and the oggdec. When I click on the installer, it just goes on saying "it cannot find specified route" (aprox. translation, mine is in Spanish). And then closes. Bummer. 

Thanks for the swift answer!

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

Oh, sorry, I did not make myself clear enough...

My issue happens using the Full version. I extract in the directory the install_win, the soundsets folder and the oggdec. When I click on the installer, it just goes on saying "it cannot find specified route" (aprox. translation, mine is in Spanish). And then closes. Bummer. 

Thanks for the swift answer!

Ahh, well edit the .bat file with Notepad, change the 4 "sounds" to be "soundsets" ... and that should fix it. :P :P :P

Edited by The Imp, 19 August 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#7 -Don Nadie-

-Don Nadie-

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

Damm, I feel bad/stupid to be having so much trouble, but it does not seem to work either... :(

I edit it so that it looks:

echo "Installing PC Soundsets"

echo off

for /r soundsets %%X in (*.ogg) do (copy "%%X" "..\sounds\")

"oggdec.exe" "..\soundsets\f_*.ogg"
"oggdec.exe" "..\soundsets\m_*.ogg"

del "..\soundsets\f_*.ogg"
del "..\soundsets\m_*.ogg"

But it just keeps saying that it cannot find the specified route. It is BGIIEE, Steam version... maybe that has something to do with it? 

Really thanks for the help :S

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

--- :whisper:

Edited by The Imp, 19 August 2014 - 03:07 AM.

#9 -Don Nadie-

-Don Nadie-

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

Uhmmmm.... I'm not sure of how to copy and past from the black window thinggy (damm, I'm bad at code!), but what it says is [with trasnlation of Spanish in brackets]:

***** Done decoding all imput files *****

Could not find ' ..\soundsets\m_*.ogg: El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada. [The system cannot find the specified route]

**** Done decoding all imput files ***

El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado. [The system cannot find the specified file]

El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado. [The system cannot find the specified file]

Presione una tecla para continuar . . . [Press a key to continue]

And before that, just a repetition of "

0 archivo(s) copiado(s). [0 file(s) copied]

El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada. [The system cannot find the specified route]

Damm, this is complicated. I feel like I'm going to break reality any time soon! :P Really thanks for your time...

#10 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:08 AM

Erhm, the recoded .bat file:

echo "Installing PC Soundsets"

echo off

mkdir sounds
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_arrogant" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_bashful" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_brassy" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_doll" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_earnest" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_evil" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_killer" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_paladin" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_perky" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_playful" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_rogue" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/f_sassy" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_arrogant" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_assassin" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_dumb" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_dwarf" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_earnest" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_grumpy" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_halfling" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_irrev" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_killer" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_knight" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_mad" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_mage" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_mrdeadly" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_orc" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_paladin" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_playful" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_rogue" "sounds"
xcopy  /e /v "soundsets/m_sassy" "sounds"

"oggdec.exe" "sounds\f_*.ogg"
"oggdec.exe" "sounds\m_*.ogg"

del "sounds\f_*.ogg"
del "sounds\m_*.ogg"
Damm, this is complicated. I feel like I'm going to break reality any time soon!

Well, you just kinda did.

Edited by The Imp, 19 August 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#11 -Don Nadie-

-Don Nadie-

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

Yay! I have no idea of how I destroyed the code, but I copied the file you put there and it worked! Thank you, really!

#12 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Also the uninstall_win.bat has a fault, the code has '..\' too much, so the actual code just needs to be:

echo "Uninstalling PC Soundsets..."

echo off

del "sounds\f_*.wav"
del "sounds\m_*.wav"

But that can always be done manually, anyways...

You are more than welcome.

#13 fetfreak

fetfreak
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 01:31 PM

Hey, so I tried to install the soundsets, there were no errors reported during the decoding process but when I enter the game, they are not listed. 

I tried downloading the full version, pasting it into the folder and running instal_win but then I get the message "the system can not find the path specified"

Can anyone help? It's a gog version of the enhanced edition.

Thanks!

edit:

Managed to make it work by renaming the folder shs#soundsets to sounds in main BG folder

Edited by fetfreak, 17 February 2022 - 01:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Enhanced edition, soundsets