• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 07:53 AM

Hi folks - just wanted a public opinion on something. I really dislike Ellesime portrait the way it is in the game and the poster with her - the one in which she is almost naked wearing that ridiculous head gear... I was thinking about replacing it with portrait from the Bio poster - with Irenicus in the armchair looking at the crystal ball and Ellesime's images all over the room.

I think I can dig out the link to that one... and post it here later. But what all of you think anyway?

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:38 AM

Well, I am always for switching the portraits to fit the mood of the mod. ?But I am guessing no chance of Ellesime to be a joinable NPC? :(

#3 Dancer Fitz

Dancer Fitz

Deputy Manager & some other stuff of Silver Star

• 389 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:26 PM

Would this be that link? :)

http://usuarios.lyco...Irenicus-Sm.jpg

I do like it better, but that metal thing in her face might be off-putting. It isn't that noticeable; do you plan on editing it at all?
Yar.
Also a (partially) crazy elf assassin mod
And a romance for two tiefling sisters, among other mods-in-progress

#4 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:29 PM

Here are the portraits I had in mind for Ellesime - extracted from the Bio poster

Posted Image is #1
Posted Image is #2

It definitely looks better to me than the traditional one... But what do you say? The second one needs to be edited some more - there is traces of the crystal sphere and she looks like she is wearing a space helm :).

As for joinable Ellesime - throw me some ideas. I cannot honestly write any dialogs for her and Jon in the group - it will turn into a continuous squabble and finding out who did what to whom first and who is more to blame for the whole affair, and honestly - who would want to have an ongoing 'family dispute' along the way through ToB?

She has a very long dialog with PC at the beginning. I am thinking about giving her another one at the end... But this will be my personal limit. :)

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:46 PM

The portrait?s deficiencies are: it does not have the same facial angle as the other in-game portraits; it lacks quality; maybe you could use one of the NWN elven female portraits instead? On the other hand if that fits exactly into what you want then it is perfectly good.

Hypotheses/ideas on Ellesime: Irenicus and Ellesime were bonded - thus the severing of the link to the elven spirit- it also severed the bond, instead of killing Irenicus. However when Irenicus tapped into the mythal or whatever he tapped into in Suldanessellar, his link is re-instated and so is the bond; that?s why Ellesime is surprised so much that Irenicus does not remember their love; so Ellesime is now dying slowly because Irenicus undergoes all those tortures in the Nine Hells. Thus, the Queen has a need to leave Suldanessellar to find and rescue him in the great secret...of course she is also interested in returning him to the light or killing them both or whatever. As for squabbles, it appears that the arguments are the central topic of the majority of NPC-NPC discussions...besides, that is an interesting way to introduce what has really happened in Suldanessellar once upon a time...and Ellesime is such an attractive character.

#6 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:01 PM

Hi folks - just wanted a public opinion on something. I really dislike Ellesime portrait the way it is in the game and the poster with her - the one in which she is almost naked wearing that ridiculous head gear... I was thinking about replacing it with portrait from the Bio poster - with Irenicus in the armchair looking at the crystal ball and Ellesime's images all over the room.

I think I can dig out the link to that one... and post it here later. But what all of you think anyway?

Well, I prefer these pics to the semi-naked one....but they still don't fit my idea of a very beautiful elvish queen. *grin* I never actually got that this was supposed to be Ellesime in the first place - I thought it was Irenicus scrying on CHARNAME, and plotting the abduction.

And boy, am I glad you're not planning to have Ellesime join the party. :P If you ever should change your mind about that, which I seriously hope you won't, please at least make it optional. Much as I want to redeem Jon, I couldn't bear to drag her through ToB.

#7 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 06:18 AM

Here is another possible portrait for Ellesime - from the same picture that provided Joneleth's portrait for the original Redemption mod. :)

http://www.onlinefic...ic/elle&jon.jpg

I like the picture - and it sure is far better Ellesime IHMO than the feathered naked woman with a halberd.

On the other hand the Bio posters one is not bad either - and it is sort of official...

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#8 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

Jack of all trades, master of none

• 68 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 01:09 AM

Well, the deal of Ellesime can be dealt in another mod after all... She can be a joinable NPC, but you'll have to give up Irenicus e.g. No matter, it's just a thought, but I see nothing bad in dualing 2 mods in one...:)
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."