Photo

Is there anyone that can update mod archive with Polish translation?

4 replies to this topic

#1 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Hi,

This mod is the last BG1 Big Mod that missing Polish translation directly in the mod's archive.

Is there anyone that can update mod archive with Polish translation in a relatively short (one week) time?

Thanks.

You cannot have progress without changes...

#2 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

Hi ALIEN,

I could update the archive I uploaded last year, provided you give a link to the files for the polish translation. I couldn't find any reference to the polish translation on the web and BWP doesn't have a polish text pack. Have the files been tested already? Which version are they compatible with?

I'm afraid I may not meet your deadline since I don't have much free time right now and the upload system here sometimes is acting a bit strange, according to some comments in the BG Graphics forum.

#3 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Hi,

Polish translation exist from some time, files are tested and they are compatible with 2,75a BGT/TuTu version. And in fact, there is no dead line anyway. I just wanted to make sure that somebody actually react to this request.

BTW: Does deletion of ALL files in override (BHUninstaller>deldir.bat) isn't a "uninstall-breaking" for all other mods or "game-with-other-mods-installed-breaking"?

Attached Files

Edited by ALIEN, 06 July 2014 - 09:03 PM.

You cannot have progress without changes...

#4 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

Thank you for the feedback and for the archive, ALIEN.

When the mod is installed, it makes a backup of the override directory. BHUninstaller removes the override directory but restores as well the backup it made, so the initial content is back. I don't think there is a problem there. I assume this is done to ensure that files created through a bat file (sounds converted from ogg or tis from tiz files) at install time get removed, as WeiDU won't take care of them.

Big mods used to do that, I remember TDD did as well (and maybe still does). I think BGT changed its similar behaviour when Linux compatibility was added but it was not an easy process if I remember correctly.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 4175 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

When the mod is installed, it makes a backup of the override directory. BHUninstaller removes the override directory but restores as well the backup it made, so the initial content is back. I don't think there is a problem there. I assume this is done to ensure that files created through a bat file (sounds converted from ogg or tis from tiz files) at install time get removed, as WeiDU won't take care of them.

The override folder and thing... none of that happens in BWS anymore as the BWP Fixpack removes the making of the .bif files and instead just lets the chain-uninstallable Generalized Biffing to all the hard work, and utilizes the newer version of the weidu.exe's cababilities. Yes, the .bat uninstaller cannot take commands from the weidu.exe fast enough, so it destroys the uninstall-ability in chain commands, which is what you want to have in installs like the BWS does.

And the current weidu.exe takes care of the ogg to wav and tiz to tis changes. This is partly why the .exe has gained so much weight (in bytes, as in size, it's 930kb's v236(00), it was ones 270kb's in the past; v157).

Edited by The Imp, 08 July 2014 - 02:18 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

Reply to this topic