"This component cannot be installed..."

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -JCM-

-JCM-

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

In trying to install RR, I received a message saying that "this component cannot be installed in this game" for both the rogue and bard HLA changes, as well as the weapon upgrade component. I would like to have those HLAs, but don't know what the problem is. I am using Easytutu with all of the games and expansions. Here is my WeiDU log if it helps:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable Until In Party: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> Sarevok's Diary Date Changes only: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v20
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for RR content: v4.71

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

In trying to install RR, I received a message saying that "this component cannot be installed in this game" for both the rogue and bard HLA changes, as well as the weapon upgrade component. I would like to have those HLAs, but don't know what the problem is. I am using Easytutu with all of the games and expansions. Here is my WeiDU log if it helps:

The setup-RR.debug file should have all the info that's needed to be known. The file is printed to the game folder as you install the mod, and you can open it with Notepad for example. I suggest that you open the file, save it to somewhere else and then remove the extra info it has about installing the other parts of the mod and copy paste the files content to a post(or you can attach a file archive of it, a .zip is best, but for that you need to be a forum member). Ouh, and the first few lines of the setup-RR.debug might have to an extend a valuable info, but you can delete everything from the line that starts with [./CHITIN.KEY] to the components name that fails to install.

Edited by The Imp, 07 July 2014 - 12:07 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

Well, if you can get HLAs/Cromwell upgrades on Tutu..... :WTF:

#4 JCM

JCM
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

Kreso, I will be playing the full saga using Tutu.

Imp, here are the contents. Apparently the skipping also included a few other things that I had forgotten:

SKIPPING: [Thief High Level Ability revisions]
    * * * This component cannot be installed on this game * * *
[./override/ar6111.are] loaded, 2776 bytes
[./override/fw2003.are] loaded, 1684 bytes

SKIPPING: [Bard High Level Ability revisions]

SKIPPING: [Upgradeable Equipment]

SKIPPING: [Chosen of Cyric encounter]
[./override/fw0125.are] loaded, 9760 bytes

SKIPPING: [Shadow Thief Improvements]

#5 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

The what now?

The components cannot be installed because they are for BG2, whereas Tutu is BG1.

#6 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

No, you won't. You'll be playing BG1 story with BG2 engine using Tutu. If you want a trilogy run, you can use BGTrilogy. You'll have no problems with RR installation there.

#7 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

No, you won't. You'll be playing BG1 story with BG2 engine using Tutu. If you want a trilogy run, you can use BGT-weidu. You'll have no problems with RR installation there.

Well, if one wants, one can play the whole saga using Tutu, you just install the Tutu(via EasyTutu using the new directory), you have a (in the different directory) BG2, and there you go. You just copy one of your saves and import the character from it.

So @JCM: The components were not meant to be installable in Tutu, so they are programmed not to install there, even if you try and force them.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.