Perfect BGT install crashes (randomly?) when entering Temple of Wisdom

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -dex909-

-dex909-

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

Hello everyone,

I spent two days reading guides and forums and mod readme documents until I decided how to install BGT. I started the game after a perfectly clean install with all necessary options and when entering the Temple of Wisdom in the Friendly Arm (after maybe two hours) I got a crash after a few minutes of looking around in there. What did I do wrong? No error logs, no debug logs, no nothing to track down the bug.

My install:

1. BG1 (gog.com "saga" version), clean install - not started once (maybe that's a problem?)

2. BG2 (clean install -> used a german original re-release DVD with a "multilanguage" version and chose English - might that be a problem? Safer to use the gog.com release as well?)

3. BG2 ToB -> original english DVD version

4. BG2 ToB latest Patch (the one mentioned in all the guides), again didn't start the game afterwards

5. BG2 fixpack (with some options left out)

6. BGT (latest version)

7. BG2 Tweaks (latest version with some optional options left out)

8. BG Graphics overhaul mod 1 (bgtgraphics17) with that fixed file the author mentioned to install it correctly with WeiDu

9. Widescreen mod (at 1366x768, had to change this resolution ONCE in the middle of the game, after 10 min of gameplay, though - that a problem maybe?)

And that's it - if that's not the most perfectly clean and complete error free install, I don't know what is. And it crashes? Well, the crash didn't come back yet but it's greatly unnerving ;) What can I do to find out what causes it? Is the engine really that unstable?

PS.: It is not mentioned in the "when to install BG graphics overhaul mod" what game the author is actually talking about when saying "during a fresh build, right after the official patch" -> what build? one of bgt? the official patch of BG1 TotSC? The TOB patch? Patching right after a BGT install or BG1 or BG2? He doesn't say it, does anyone know? I also read the complete graphics overhaul thread on the forums.

My system:

Windows 7 64bit, M17x Alienware Notebook (specs are all over the net if you want them). Every latest driver and update of course, very stable and clean system.

Thanks in advance to anyone able to help me or point me into the right direction.

#2 -dex909-

-dex909-

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

There was a slight mixup in the post above, I actually installed BG Graphics overhaul mod as no. 7 and BEFORE the BG2 Tweaks which I installed as the 8th mod, not the other way round.

#3 dex909

dex909
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

Alright, the answers to this (and more) can be found in this thread: http://www.shsforums...me-as-usuk-ver/ if anyone has the same problem(s) ;)