ALIEN
  • 735 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Hi,

First bug: http://i.imgur.com/v68o3ub.jpg

WeiDU Log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #3 #0 // Rozszerzona mapa swiata dla Baldur's Gate - wlacznie z kolorowymi ikonami miejsc dla Baldur's Gate: v10
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #3 #2 // Mapa swiata dla Tronu Bhaala -> Mapa swiata stylizowana na malowana na plotnie dla Tronu Bhaala: v10

v68o3ub.jpg

Edited by ALIEN, 13 July 2014 - 10:23 AM.

You cannot have progress without changes...

#2 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 735 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

Second bug: http://i.imgur.com/cuW9t2e.png

Cannot uninstall "Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal" when "Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons] (component #0" was uninstalled.

cuW9t2e.png

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 4175 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

Cannot uninstall "Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal" when "Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons] (component #0" was uninstalled.
Actually it's already uninstalled ... but the implementation of the text is indeed wrong, as it should not give the option to U, as it's uninstalled already.
Of course the options that should come are [R], [N], [Q] and perhaps a (S) for skip, written this way in the forum cause the correct way gives just this.

Edited by The Imp, 13 July 2014 - 11:32 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 -Wisp sans pw-

-Wisp sans pw-

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Can't reproduce the first problem (obviously) or the second problem.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #3 #0 // Rozszerzona mapa swiata dla Baldur's Gate - wlacznie z kolorowymi ikonami miejsc dla Baldur's Gate: v10
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #3 #2 // Mapa swiata dla Tronu Bhaala -> Mapa swiata stylizowana na malowana na plotnie dla Tronu Bhaala: v10
https://dl.dropboxus...77/Baldr003.jpg

Where is your game installed? Seems like you are getting the MOS without the WMP, possibly because of meddling Windows. Likewise, if Windows interfered with WeiDU's ability to update the log, you could perhaps have an issue like yours with the uninstallation.

#5 -Wisp sans pw-

-Wisp sans pw-

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

This forum software is awful. The link is supposed to be an IMG tag, until it was helpfully made into an URL. The image is a .jpg and not a .bmp.

#6 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

First bug is caused by myself using old savegame. Sorry for that. Second still apples: if i uninstalled main component, ToB component  is also uninstalled so there shouldn't be second question.

Another concern: doubled "Watcher's Keep" I don't remember seeing it in pure BG2 version.

http://i.imgur.com/IEpM7GB.jpg

IEpM7GB.jpg

Edited by ALIEN, 14 July 2014 - 03:33 AM.

#7 K4thos

K4thos
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

Another concern: doubled "Watcher's Keep" I don't remember seeing it in pure BG2 version.

easy to fix :) Delete this line from xnewarea.2da

1        AR3000    AR3000    7        90      1340    3770    66122    66122   XL3000      0          0          5          0       10

#8 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1325 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

Version 10.0.1 fixes the Watcher's Keep regression. Thanks ALIEN. I still can't reproduce the uninstallation problem. But if it is not a local problem, it's a WeiDU problem.

#9 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

No, thank you for the quick update and saving me double work  :shifty: BWS just get update: http://www.shsforums...-33#entry570452

#10 The Imp

The Imp

• 4175 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:34 AM

Wisp, is there anyways you could remove the "BP-BGT-" prefix from the mods name ? And replace it with just Worldmap. As you have added the BGEE's compatibility, it definitely looks odd to have the old prefix...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#11 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1325 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

It is possible, but I'd really rather not do it. All kinds of known and unknown things would have to be updated because of it. "BP-BGT Worldmap" is a legacy name, just like "BG2 Tweak Pack".

#12 Red Carnelian

Red Carnelian
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:05 AM

In some cases where Mods do not have new lines placed above and below their table entries this kind of amendment can occur:

F_0222   S        AR2300     Exit1400     10       1         N    N    N    N    N    0SRC_AREA  SRC_NWSE  TARGET_ARE  ENTRY_NAME  TRV_TIME  DEF_ENTRY  ENC1     ENC2     ENC3     ENC4     ENC5     ENC_PROB

instead of

F_0222   S        AR2300     Exit1400     10       1         N    N    N    N    N    0

SRC_AREA  SRC_NWSE  TARGET_ARE  ENTRY_NAME  TRV_TIME  DEF_ENTRY  ENC1     ENC2     ENC3     ENC4     ENC5     ENC_PROB

This causes a problem when reading in 0SRC_AREA as it cannot be converted into an integer. Can a check be put in place to avoid this?

#13 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1325 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

This causes a problem when reading in 0SRC_AREA as it cannot be converted into an integer. Can a check be put in place to avoid this?
A fix for this is already included for next version. (It'd been in 10.1, but I'm an idiot.)

#14 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2748 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:19 AM

I am using worldmap 10.2 for the newest BGT mega install.

Watcher's Keep now appears on the worldmap while still in BG1 (destination unreachable) - it is not really an issue (cosmetic), just to check whether this is intended.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#15 The Imp

The Imp

• 4175 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:56 AM

Watcher's Keep now appears on the worldmap while still in BG1 (destination unreachable) - it is not really an issue (cosmetic), just to check whether this is intended.

Weidu.log's content in spoilers ... and is this from the start of the BG1 game, right Or does it get revealed at say a chapter change ? ... cause it could be that a mod sets the flag to be view-able, intending it to be in BG2, while you are still in BG1's content. Good thing none of the areas have links between BG1 and 2, or there would potentially be a lots of real problems like this. 

Yeah, it's not intended. But has been there before. Any details of the occurrence of this would probably be appreciated.

#16 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2748 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:00 AM

Weidu.log's content in spoilers ... and is this from the start of the BG1 game, right Or does it get revealed at say a chapter change ? ... cause it could be that a mod sets the flag to be view-able, intending it to be in BG2, while you are still in BG1's content. Good thing none of the areas have links between BG1 and 2, or there would potentially be a lots of real problems like this. 

Yeah, it's not intended. But has been there before. Any details of the occurrence of this would probably be appreciated.

I just started a new game to check, yes it is there right from the first moment of the game in Candlekeep.

Edited by Roxanne, 12 November 2015 - 09:03 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#17 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1325 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:45 PM

I don't have my BGT install handy. Is anyone able to check if BGT at some point does a RevealAreaOnMap("AR3000") in one of its scripts? You can do this search in NI with Search->Text Search->BCS.

#18 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2748 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:01 PM

I don't have my BGT install handy. Is anyone able to check if BGT at some point does a RevealAreaOnMap("AR3000") in one of its scripts? You can do this search in NI with Search->Text Search->BCS.

It is in AR0020,bcs >>> This is the Athkathla City Gates when you first visit it in SoA (provided you choose install option to have Watcher's Keep from ToB and SoA). This means, it is supposed to be hidden at least until that point in the game, right?

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#19 The Imp

The Imp

• 4175 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:07 PM

With BGT-weidu v1.18 and ToBEx installed, there's not one.

Roxanne, that comes from some mod. Here's the original ar0020.baf:

IF
    Global("EnteredArea","AR0020",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("EnteredArea","AR0020",1)
        SetGlobalTimer("SpawnMerch","AR0020",FIVE_DAYS)
END

IF
    Global("EnteredArea","AR0020",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("SpawnMerch","AR0020")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("EnteredArea","AR0020",2)
        CreateCreature("AEMERCH",[390.550],14)
        CreateCreature("AEEXTORT",[473.590],6)
END

IF
    TimeGT(20)
    TimeLT(8)
    Exists("aemerch")
    Exists("aeextort")
    Global("DeactivateMerchants","AR0020",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("DeactivateMerchants","AR0020",1)
        Deactivate("aemerch")
        Deactivate("aeextort")
END

IF
    TimeLT(DUSK_START)
    TimeGT(DAWN_END)
    Exists("aemerch")
    Exists("aeextort")
    Global("DeactivateMerchants","AR0020",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("DeactivateMerchants","AR0020",0)
        Activate("aemerch")
        Activate("aeextort")
END

IF
    SpellCast([PC],0)
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("SpellsBad","GLOBAL")
    Global("BribedCowled","GLOBAL",0)
    GlobalLT("CowledWarning","GLOBAL",7)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreatureObjectDoor("COWENF2",LastTrigger,0,0,0)
        SetGlobalTimer("SpellsBad","GLOBAL",FIVE_TURNS)
END

IF
    SpellCast([PC],0)
    GlobalTimerNotExpired("SpellsBad","GLOBAL")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Wait(1)
END

IF
    Time(DUSK_END)
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("A6Sunset","GLOBAL")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        StartMovie("DAYNITE")
        SetGlobalTimer("A6Sunset","GLOBAL",FIVE_TURNS)
END

IF
    Time(DAWN_END)
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("A6Sunrise","GLOBAL")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        StartMovie("NITEDAY")
        SetGlobalTimer("A6Sunrise","GLOBAL",FIVE_TURNS)
END

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2748 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

With BGT-weidu v1.18 and ToBEx installed, there's not one.

Roxanne, that comes from some mod. Here's the original ar0020.baf:

That is what I said - it comes from the mod option to have Watcher Keep access from BG2 AND ToB - originally that was just a ToB area.

IF
    Global("EnteredArea","AR0020",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("EnteredArea","AR0020",1)
        SetGlobalTimer("SpawnMerch","AR0020",FIVE_DAYS)
END

IF
    Global("EnteredArea","AR0020",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("SpawnMerch","AR0020")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("EnteredArea","AR0020",2)
        CreateCreature("AEMERCH",[390.550],14)
        CreateCreature("AEEXTORT",[473.590],6)
END

IF
    TimeGT(20)
    TimeLT( 8)
    Exists("aemerch")
    Exists("aeextort")
    Global("DeactivateMerchants","AR0020",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("DeactivateMerchants","AR0020",1)
        Deactivate("aemerch")
        Deactivate("aeextort")
END

IF
    TimeLT(DUSK_START)
    TimeGT(DAWN_END)
    Exists("aemerch")
    Exists("aeextort")
    Global("DeactivateMerchants","AR0020",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("DeactivateMerchants","AR0020",0)
        Activate("aemerch")
        Activate("aeextort")
END

IF
    SpellCast([PC],0)
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("SpellsBad","GLOBAL")
    GlobalLT("CowledWarning","GLOBAL",7)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreatureObjectDoor("COWENF2",LastTrigger,0,0,0)
        SetGlobalTimer("SpellsBad","GLOBAL",FIVE_TURNS)
END

IF
    SpellCast([PC],0)
    GlobalTimerNotExpired("SpellsBad","GLOBAL")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Wait(1)
END

IF
    Time(DUSK_END)
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("A6Sunset","GLOBAL")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        StartMovie("DAYNITE")
        SetGlobalTimer("A6Sunset","GLOBAL",FIVE_TURNS)
END

IF
    Time(DAWN_END)
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("A6Sunrise","GLOBAL")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        StartMovie("NITEDAY")
        SetGlobalTimer("A6Sunrise","GLOBAL",FIVE_TURNS)
END

The Sandrah Saga

Reply to this topic