Photo

Problem upgrading to Fade 4.0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jazztrane

jazztrane
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

I downloaded and tried to install the new version and got an error, so I re-installed the old version and uninstalled successfully.  Just tried 4.0 again and I got the same error:

ERROR: No translation provided for @7055

[Fade/Scripts/E3Fade.baf] ERROR at line 94 column 1-36

Near Text: @7055 Not_found

ERROR: parsing [Fade/Scripts/E3Fade.baf]: Not_found

ERROR: error complining [Fade/Scripts/E3Fade.baf]: Not_found

ERROR: compiling [Fade/Scripts/E3Fade.baf]!

Stopping installation because of error.

Is there a different sequence I should be doing to install the new version?  I'm copying the setup-Fade and Fade folder over the existing after I unzip the download, should I not be replacing those old files?  Thanks in advance for any help to get this going!  

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

What language are you using to install ?
And as you upgrade from a mod version to another, you should uninstall the mod, then remove the mod folder from the game folder and then extract the mods content and install it back. It could be that you left an old and removed file from the old version to the game folder and as the new language files don't have the translation assigned to it, it will never install.
And yes, installing an mod update will make your savegames unvalid, so you need to start a new game in most cases.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 jazztrane

jazztrane
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:06 AM

I'm doing the english install.  I'll try re-installilng & un-installing V3 then remove the entire folder, instead of "merge and replace", that would make sense if it merged an old file with the new that could throw it off.  Thanks!

Update-success!  Yes I should have removed the old Fade folder, thanks for the tip!!

Edited by jazztrane, 15 July 2014 - 05:42 AM.