Photo

Perhaps I'm Missing Something... (Possible Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maiden Shadow

Maiden Shadow
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

I'm back to playing BG1 and BG2 after many a year, and I was excited to see so many promising mods out.  This one in particular sparked my imagination, for I've always been curious about Haer'Dalis but never brought him along for the ride.  (My half-elf blade was more than enough bard for her party, thank you very much.)  Happily, I ushered my latest incarnation of my blade from her BG1 final save into BG2 and maneuvered through quests to get to Haer'Dalis as quickly as possible.  I'm suspecting such was my downfall, for now my bonny bardess has a great many quests yet to fulfill before she will be fully prepared to choose a side to aid her towards her journey to Brynnlaw, and yet Haer'Dalis has nothing more to say.  Even worse, they had a single night together (albeit a wonderful one) after LT 12 fired, and now the rest seems to be left purely to the imagination.  Have I missed something?  I'm truly hoping that there is more content to be found in Chapter 2.

To make my efforts known, my blade has already drank herself to complete inebriation twice, an act which apparently no longer provokes a reaction from Haer'Dalis.  Getting her sparrow drunk doesn't seem to have an effect, either.  The party must be wondering if my blade has gone out of her mind for the number of times they've rested at inns and out-of-doors for no reason other than my pondering, "Will THIS prod him into saying something?".  I should probably also mention that my chatty bardess has exhausted the PID options, as well.

I welcome anyone's input on this, as it is driving me to distraction.  You have my thanks in advance.

Edited by Maiden Shadow, 20 July 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#2 Maiden Shadow

Maiden Shadow
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

I will take the silence as my answer.

To create my own solution, I have retreated to a previous save before Haer'Dalis joined my blade's group and I shall have her go through more of Chapter Two before seeking him out.  I'm not yet sure just how much of Chapter Two I'll have her go through by that point, but hopefully multiple saves will serve as an adequate safety net.

#3 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

There is definite content in the Underdark (new PIDs, especially in the Lust Chamber of the Drow Tavern *cough*), he has things to say about the slayer change, and at least one Love Talk can only happen after you reach the surface again - if you can still access the PID menu, then I suspect it's just that you ran through all the content for that chapter.  But it's been a while since I played that mod, and I can't remember the exact details, sorry.

Oh, and there's a lot of content in Throne of Bhaal.   

#4 Maiden Shadow

Maiden Shadow
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

Ah, see what happens when I get all wrapped up in testing out another mod?  I miss the opportunity to thank a kind soul in a timely manner.  Please forgive me for my rudeness, Thimblerig, and thank you.  This news gives my heartsick blade an immeasurably huge amount of hope.

#5 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

No worries - I was glad to be helpful.  I found HD a tremendously engaging character, and loved every minute of his romance.