Trouble in the Merchant League

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

I have played Baldur's Gate in a BGT game many times.  This is a new problem for me.

Aldeth Sashenstar meets you outside the Merchant League.  Tells you about problems in the Merchant League and you go in to solve them.  I have never had a problem finding out about the Dopplegangers and killing them all.

This time the beginning of this quest seems to go well.   But there are two functions which I think are modified (I guess unintentionally) which prevent me from finishing the quest.  The first is that I cannot show the "documents" to Aldeth.  The second is that I cannot get Irlentree to change into a doppleganger and attack me.  Also the other characters on the first floor do not change into dopplegangers.

This is not very important as this quest can be skipped without any consequence.  I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so, has any one else found a fix.  I am more concerned that whatever cause this change will also cause other changes in my mega-mod game.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 23 July 2014 - 06:12 AM.

#2 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

SCS v28. If you have Ascension (and haven't fixed scripts yourself) Sendai and Abazigal's final form will be unkillable as well. Other than that, you should be able to finish the game.

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Hi kreso:

Thanks for the reply.  As far as I know, I do not have Ascension.  But some other mod may have installed it.  I checked my WeiDU log and Ascension is not in it.

I have not fixed and scripts.  I assume BWP did all that.

Tom

#4 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

Hi kreso:

Thanks for the reply.  As far as I know, I do not have Ascension.  But some other mod may have installed it.  I checked my WeiDU log and Ascension is not in it.

I have not fixed and scripts.  I assume BWP did all that.

Tom

Well, it's either Ascension or BP-Ascension, if you don't have any of the above you'll be fine.

BWP doesn't fix v28 broken stuff I'm afraid.

#5 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hi kreso:

Thanks for the comments.  I just checked my BiG World Install.bat file.  I did not install Ascension or BP Ascension.  I do have SCS v28 installed, but not everything.  So I will just skip the Merchant League.  It really is not that important.

Tom