Photo

Some bugs I encountered in Poly...something town

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

Hello, I've recently installed FFT 3.0 along with BWP setup. Tried doing the deserted town quest (name is quite complicated to spell out -_-). I've encountered some bugs that I would say, quest-breaking as it would not allow me to finish the quest line without the use of the console.

- The lighthouse keeper does not spawn in the area (ys0100) that was described in the journal. He doesn't really spawn at all...

- There was no pickaxe in the mentioned area.

- I think this is also a bug but the bottle of wine, which describes to contain the sorrows of numerous people (I think this is a part of this quest) is found in a chest immediately.

- The lighthouse spawn two nameless tanarri's.

I stopped playing this quest in the hopes that I might able to fix these bugs manually...

Attached in my weidu.log, hopefully it might give a clue.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

#2 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

I thought BWP fixes the issues FFT might have with the world map mod? I don't think i have any megamods installed so I don't have problems there I think.

#3 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

'Megamod' includes BWP, BWS, BGT, NEJ and any other large number of mods that are loaded from a single controlling installer. I've seen the wine bottle problem before - it's nothing to do with FFT but I can't remember which mod dumps it in there. Ditto the missing lighthouse keeper. As I can't guarantee that you won't get problems further down the line if I give you the console commands, the best I can suggest is to uninstall FFT and to re-install it as the last mod. That should fix most current and future problems.

Porthpentyrch - it's a made-up name from celtic roots but it does have a genuine translation: 'the hill of the boars by the small harbour'.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 25 July 2014 - 01:48 AM.

#4 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

Oh I see. Thank you for the reply Yovaneth! I guess I'm re-installing the whole thing again... Ugh...