#1 stranger_

stranger_
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Game versionBG2+ToB+Patch_26498_ENGLISH

Rogue Rebalancing version: v4.71

WeiDU log attached

Hi there everybody!

I have encountered some minor issues during last play. Due to their common context I put them in a single post:

1. Svirfneblin merchant Thernadle Daglefodd in the deep gnome village does not say anything on failed theft attempts. And one can try to steal as many times as he/she wishes (though I did not manage to steal anything with vanilla Imoen (thief/mage). I think due to low pickpocket skills). I noticed that after acquiring drow visage (though I play with "No drow avatars in Underdark" component from BG2 Tweaks) and defeating Barlog. I did not  try to steal anything from him before Adalon (i.e. normal form), so can't say if the behavior.was the same.

2. Carlog, the duergar merchant, after "drow avatars" does not have "steal" button. Maybe this is intentional and not an issue but it seemed strange, because without "drow avatars" the button was present. Drows do not steal, do they :) ?

Hope this description helps, if those issues are not connected to the mod, please, shed some light whom to blame :P

Attached Files

Edited by stranger_, 03 August 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#2 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

1. Svirfneblin merchant Thernadle Daglefodd in the deep gnome village does not say anything on failed theft attempts. And one can try to steal as many times as he/she wishes (though I did not manage to steal anything with vanilla Imoen (thief/mage). I think due to low pickpocket skills). I noticed that after acquiring drow visage (though I play with "No drow avatars in Underdark" component from BG2 Tweaks) and defeating Barlog. I did not  try to steal anything from him before Adalon (i.e. normal form), so can't say if the behavior.was the same.

I don't know what's up with that. Daglefodd is just another NPC and receives the exact same treatment as everyone else.

2. Carlog, the duergar merchant, after "drow avatars" does not have "steal" button. Maybe this is intentional and not an issue but it seemed strange, because without "drow avatars" the button was present. Drows do not steal, do they :) ?

The store you see when you are not drow does not permit you to sell stolen items, but the drow-visible store does. Revised Thievery disables stealing for stores which buy stolen items.

#3 stranger_

stranger_
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Hello and thanks for the reply!

Firstly, sorry for the missing WeiDU.log (though claimed attached) - fixed
Secondly,

Revised Thievery disables stealing for stores which buy stolen items.

indeed! (:

Third, I agree that the first issue is slightly vague. So I rewrite it in more concise form:

Try to steal from svirfneblin merchant Thernadle Daglefodd in the deep gnome village in the Underdark
Actual result: On failed theft attempt merchant neither initiated special dialog to settle incident nor he turned hostile. And one can continue try to steal.
Expected result: per readme -

* Merchants will no longer turn hostile after a failed theft attempt. They will instead opt to report the theft to their superiors (thereby lowering the party's reputation) and   refuse to have any further dealings with the party
* A PC can now talk his way out of a failed theft/pickpocket attempt if one of his mental attributes and/or Lore and Reputation score is high enough

Note:

1. I found the save game just where entered Underdark, so I checked that before doing any quests there.
  2. Observed behavior was reproduced with unmoded Imoen (with other merchants everything worked as expected)

P.S. In case anyone encounter an issue please confirm here.

Edited by stranger_, 03 August 2014 - 02:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: revised thievery, underdark, merchant