• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hi, what's up! In tradition of breaking established tradition, I want to include as many translations for my mod as possible. Unfortunately, I don't really know that many languages, so after sweating up one new language I ran out of options. So that's where you come in! If you know any language I don't know but think it might be useful? Send some translations in! Italian? Sure, why not! Because I already got Italian thanks to Sergio! Traditional Chinese? Unorthodox, but welcome! Your grandfather is the last of a forgotten Slovincian-speaking tribe? Persuade him to give up his secret for me!

There are literally 17 lines to translate, and the setup.tra is so repetitive you could run this through google translate and I wouldn't notice ever. But what I NEED is YOU. YOU are the person who can change the world for better.

Attached Files

Edited by Almateria, 01 August 2014 - 02:09 AM.

#2 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

Italian: http://speedy.sh/wKdr6/traduzioni.rar

just because it was short; Italians have a strange story and I doubt that those who play baldur's gate aren't nerd like me and do not know a bit of English. Also I had to avoid translating one or two lines for consistency stuff. I don't know for example how in Italian "globe of Blades" is called.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#3 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:06 AM

Whoa, thanks, man! I can't express how grateful I feel for that (very)

And it doesn't matter! Not like people will be mad at me >:]

#4 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:59 AM

Well here you go: Dutch translation. Its well, its awkward, as far as I know there simply is no dutch DnD stuff anywhere on the market let alone translated Baldurs Gate stuff so for some of this I'm basically just translating completely blindly. Like Globe of Blades. I don't think anyone has ever had to translate that to dutch before.

But you asked for literally any language so here it is. Quality not assured. I mean its perfectly good Dutch but besides that...

Attached Files

#5 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

Yessssss

I actually studied Dutch for 5 months before so I tried to dabble in it but I made some incredibly dumb mistakes so that's perfect, thank you! Also, if anyone wanted to do latin, Sleep of Bronze beat you to it on SA, sorry!

inscrutable horse created a Faroese translation! It's only going to work on BGEE!

Edited by Almateria, 01 August 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#6 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

Well here you go: Dutch translation. Its well, its awkward, as far as I know there simply is no dutch DnD stuff anywhere on the market let alone translated Baldurs Gate stuff so for some of this I'm basically just translating completely blindly. Like Globe of Blades. I don't think anyone has ever had to translate that to dutch before.

But you asked for literally any language so here it is. Quality not assured. I mean its perfectly good Dutch but besides that...

Ongelooflijk \o/

« Regarde moi ces émincés d'oignons, je voudrais tous les enfiler sur une corde pour m'en faire une parure ! »