Photo

Kachiko doesn't recognize Yoshimo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

Hi, it's been a while, but once again it's time for my yearly BG playthroughs and things were going pretty great (except the exceptional bug I know how to handle in the meantime).

This time the issue is completely new to me, probably because this is one of the first times I tried Never Ending Journey. Let alone in combination with Tortured Souls (and again in combination with lvl1npcs which playing around with Yoshimos .cre used to be a problem.

So this time I used lvl1npc I turned botch Kachiko and Yoshimo into Kensai (to be dualed once they reach level 9, which some CLUA consoling did pretty much immediately, I my main character came back from the Severed Hand with some 700k xp after all).

Anyway, I come back with Hrothgar, go through the portal for level 2 of CI and there are 2 Yoshimos. Both are level 1 Kensai, so far so good. I send the first one on his way, and recruit the second one. When I get to the exit, Kachiko recognizes him, they have their little chat and she joins the group So far so good.

I've been starting the Temple Quest, and meanwhile Hrotghar starts his talks about Ulcaster and each time I agree to go with him, Kachiko comes up saying that I'd be abandoning her search for Yoshimo. When he's right there in my group.

So...I'm kinda lost here.

Spoiler

#2 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:45 AM

Dunno what happened here exactly, but would someone be so kind as to delete one of these?

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

Hi Discordia: I have posted some things recently in the Mega-Mod Help forum. I had trouble with Yoshimo after I sent him to the Copper Coronet from Irenicus' dungeon. He would not talk to me or Kachiko or anyone. I went to an empty house in Waukeen's Promenade and used CLUAConsole to create anther Yoshimo. Then I went alone to the Copper Coronet and Yoshimo talked to me. But I used CTRL-Y to remove this Yoshimo from the game. All now works with Yoshimo. Tom

#4 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Hi tomkatz, sounds like a pretty painless solution. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

PS

By this Yoshimo you mean the one you created in the different room? And did you do this after or before you talked to your Yoshimo?

Edited by Discordia, 21 August 2014 - 09:14 AM.

#5 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hi Discordia: Yoshimo #1 is the one you meet in Irenicus' dungeon. I send him to the Copper Coronet and he will not talk. He is the one I remove with CTRL-Y. Yoshimo #2 is the one I create with CLUAConsole. He acts normal and I keep him. When you create him, you will have the same initial conversation that you had in Irenicus' dungeon. Tom

#6 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:17 AM

Other than Kachiko interrupting Hrothgars teleport sequence I have found no errors, so the solution I came up with was kicking them both off and finishing NEJ part 2 before picking them up again. Not exactly elegant, but it works.

Thanks for your help.