Photo

Problem with accessing locations, particularly in SoA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clif Hirst

Clif Hirst
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

I'm afraid I'm a modding simpleton and first-time user of this forum (or any other), but have installed BGT-Weidu with DSotSC. All was going well until the Werewolf Island, when my world map would not show the northern side of the island. Eventually, fed up, I left it and reloaded a game before heading there and went and killed Sarevok instead. I thought no more of it (except being narked at missing the xp), but since starting SoA I have been unable to access either the Druid Grove from Trademeet or the Temple Ruins from Imnesvale, despite their having appeared on the world map. The areas just don't have their blue outline to show their accessibility.

I'd really appreciate any help - particularly help I can understand!

Many thanks, Clif

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Weidu.log's content please. Open the file with Notepad and copy paste the text to a post... you need a proper install order and the (BP-BGT) Worldmap mod installed.
Ouh, and you need to exit though the City Gate districts North-East exit in Athla-the horrible city name in BG2 - SoA. :devil: :D

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hi Clif: Welcome to the world of messed up maps. I have played my mega-mod game enough times to realize you need to be creative to get past the bugs. As to your map problems. The one with Island of Balduran is new to me. I never had that problem. Since you are in SoA, it is too late to go there now. You could have used CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ARW500") to go there. This always puts you in the upper left corner of the area. Search SHS for area codes and you will find someone has posted a very good list of the codes used in BGT. As to the areas in SoA, in some cases you need to talk with someone who will put that area on your map and make it accessible to you. In other cases, you need to go to a particular different area and exit from a particular side to open the desired area. For example, I find that if you go to de'Arnise Hold and exit the lower right side, you will open other areas. Try it. Good Luck! Tom

#4 -Deviant Magic User-

-Deviant Magic User-

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

Hm, I have never personally had major problems with my map; just be sure to install the worldmap mod.

As for locations that don't open up, try CLUAing to the location, and activating the edge of the map. It SHOULD activate the area for future travel if you do that.

Here are the AR #s for a megamod install; http://www.shsforums...mod-area-codes/

In case you're completely unfamiliar with the CLUAConsole, go to your baldur.ini and add the line DebugMode=1 beneath the [Program Options] header (or change the 0 to a 1 if the line is already present)

Then, go ingame and click CTRL+Space, and type CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ARxxxx"). Be sure to have your party selected when you do this, as if you have only a few party members selected it will transport them and leave the others behind in their current location. (You can click on their portraits on the right of the GUI to pan back to their location, so you can select them and teleport them as well if you accidentally do this)

#5 Clif Hirst

Clif Hirst
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

Many thanks for the replies above, and massive apologies for lateness in responding - it appears that my frustrations did not mix well with whisky and I needed a new laptop after that night. This I now have, but christened it with (hushed tones) Neverwinter Nights. On returning to BG I now find that it won't play at all. Time for a full reload. Deep joy.

Anyway, my thanks again. Who knows, maybe the re-installation will correct the glitch.