Photo

An Assertion Failed in Chitin.cpp at line number 1628

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

I did a fresh install of BG1, BG2 and TOB. Used the patches on both games. Ran all three and saved one game.

Then I decided to install BWS 20140707b and chose standard as setup. I added only Dark Horizons to this standard list.

The installation went well. Only one mod seemed missing. Chantelame WEIDU v2 for the bladesinger kit.

When I wanted to start the game from bgmain.exe TOBex loaded and once the black screen was gone, I was back at desktop.

Then I tried running as administrator, but got the same result.

When I tried to solve compatibility problems I got the chitin.cpp error at line 1628.

In the past I ran a bws and all went well. This was the third time I tried a "standard list". With BWS V14.2 I get the same result, the chitin.cpp at line 1628.

Can anyone say me what goes wrong?

I tried to attache my bgmain.exe file, but got the message I wasn't permitted to upload that kind of file. So I removed the exe extension and wasn't allowed to upload that file either.

#2 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:41 AM

time for you to start searching

https://www.google.i...POOWH8Qepw4HQBQ

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#3 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

Sergio checking google was the first thing I did. This problem is mentioned a few times, but never is a solution given to fix it. The only option seems like uninstall and then install the game again without the mods that give the problem.

#4 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:17 AM

check if you installed something like happy group scripts - it is known to cause issue

be sure also to have installed the game as administrator, because I saw many people said that was the issue

Also be sure to have used ToB patch 26498 and not 26499

;)

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

Also be sure to have used ToB patch 26498 and not 26499
And if the game comes installed with the v2.5.26499, then you need to patch the game back to the 26498 patch, this will also disable the non-CD check the game can come with, and to fix that as you don't necessarily have the CD's, you can use the community created old noCD crack, that can be found in the NEJ mod originally, but also here, for now. Also if you have Windows 7, you are likely to run to the missing Msvbvm50.dll error, as Microsoft didn't include that file to all the W7's so you have to deal with it too to utilize the program.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

I'll give it another try. Did an uninstall, cleaned my register. Did a new fresh install.

What I notice is the fact that bgmain.exe doesn't work before using patch 26498. Is that normal?

#7 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

I'll give it another try. Did an uninstall, cleaned my register. Did a new fresh install.
Did you also clean the game install directory ? By removing all the files that the uninstall leaves there, you remove a lot of potentially bad stuff from the new install.

What I notice is the fact that bgmain.exe doesn't work before using patch 26498. Is that normal?
No... but I would need to know the exact error and so forth to have better idea what's off.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#8 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:33 AM

Failed again at line 1628.

I'm not using hapy group script.

I did use a clean install in a new map in C: and not in Programm files

I'm using the Original CD's and no "no-CD" patch.

Msvbvm50.dll was allready fixed in the past.

I did install everything as administrator and compatibility was fixed.

I'll try a new install with something else than "standard as list" maybe it's one mod-file that's corupted.

#9 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

Tried it again with arkenor's quest pack and got the same error. In the past I was able to play BWS with arkenor on the same pc; So I guess something must be giving problems, maybe a leftover from a previous installation.

But besides uninstall, regedit and removing all the files left, I have no idea what can be left.

#10 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Let us know. I'm sort of curious.

#11 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

I'm trying total happiness now as setup.

#12 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

Did you try starting your game with TobExLoader.exe?

#13 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

TobExLoader.exe starts and then the game doesn't start and I return to desktop.

#14 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

The setup in Total hapiness worked. So it must be one of my mods that causes the problem. But since I use standard configurations in the mod-list, it must be a corrupted file I guess.

#15 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Since I had a working BWS (total hapiness), I decided to change the screen resolution with widescreen. When I changed 1680x1050 to 1260x787 I got the 1628 error again. When I changed the resoltion back to 1024x768, I was able to play the game again.

I'll try a bigger install again, without using widescreen.

#16 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

It must be it. From Widescreen readme:

Non-standard resolutions (E.G. 801 by 632) are not supported in fullscreen, but can work in windowed mode.

#17 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

That was indeed the problem. Now tht I changed widescreen, I can run BWS standard without any problems.

#18 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

interesting. Thanks for telling!