• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

Hello,

Installtion apparently ok, still, when launched the game, start is as follow :

- Irenicus Dungeon, where Worgas has a movie (where he appaered into one of the cell, with an imprisonement graphic playing), then, a message and Im sent (CTB begining) as a child for the Chores.
Tryed to go trough and using the "faster" track, in both case, go then for a curious scene (spellhold, two mage in the central room, spawn a eyeball & npc, eyeball killing both of them), then, game sent me to the a serie of scene (ROT, etc).

When it is time to start playing Im in Irenicus dungeon, with two new npc into the cells, an invisible one (french mod not translated, not sure which one yet) as to start a quest and go for BG2 ?

Did not get trough the dungeon yet, but, is that alright ?

First install, some days ago, start using the same button sent me to candlekeep for normal BG game, that time I've gone until the meeting with Khajil & Jahera without worry..

Any insight ?

(Guess I should go for another (Fifth) install without Worgas, ahem).
Thanks !

Attached Files

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Well, you installed the last mod manually. SETUP-A6CHARMPATCH.TP2 ... Now that could set your start location back to ar6201.are, as it patches the game starter .exe . You probably should be using the BGT Tweaks packs component instead. As previously, I would remember that mod was installed before nearly all the other mods.

Edited by The Imp, 19 September 2014 - 10:41 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

Which of the options would that be ? :/

I looked into the options (using BWS) and there is nothing close apparently (2300 : No bad reaction from NPC after charm ?).
A6CharmPatch is re enabling the ability to speak to charmed creature, also it is (was) made as to be used with BGT, so not sure why it would be making this change.

So, what should I do now ?

Uninstall of that mod is done, but still starting as previously.

Edited by eden.sb, 19 September 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#4 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

Can you please post a screenshot of that "invisible" somewhere?

Screenshot of all area. I don't get it... trying to think about the responsible mod... but no idea on two legs, like that.

Edited by Nightfarer, 19 September 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#5 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

This mod was replaced by tobex.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

SETUP-A6CHARMPATCH.TP2

This mod was replaced by the primary component of the ToBEx -mod.

Yep. :devil: And no body saw the small jump in the logic..

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

Ok, Tobex :

Disable Silence On Charm: This component does two things: i) prevents creatures from losing their soundset when they are charmed, and ii) enables the player to start dialogue with charmed creatures.

While to specifically hidden, it is not that visible either.
Of course then, A6C (6 °C = 42.8 °F) (6 °C (6 °C = 42.8 °F) = 42.8 °F (42.8 °F = 6 °C)) = very, very tiny mod, who still did re enable a feature.µ
(Over a BGT game, as they where peoples who add specific dialogue if charmed. Not sure if still up to date, 2013 with the patchs some of the options could have been changed (added, since so far BG2/ToB had none of these (..) neither vanilla or mod).
So, some options for bonus in BG1, but, function gone in BG2.
Then, Ascension64 for A6Charm = .exe edit to allow it again.
Not sure (I've a 6th installation theoretically ongoing, should be done by tomorrow).

Hope it was A6C who made me start on that BG2 beginning.

Then, great if TobEx is handling it now.

---------

@NightFarer : Invisible, I can, but, in fact the dialogue is auto initiated, in French, coming from "Devin" and is about finding someone "Qu'il fallait le retrouver là où le silence est d'or"

Les Exilés de Lunargent v0.1

---------
Now, an edit / add to A6Charm download patch has to make this visible/know ?

Which said, not sure how it will be handled, it is a year old, but since Tobex did not update since then, surprise possible (aD&D rules, hm).

Edited by eden.sb, 20 September 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:03 AM

Of course then, A6C = very, very tiny mod, who still did re enable a feature.

Actually it's an earlier mod from the ToBEx coder. Yes, the ToBEx also has a loads of content from elsewhere, and today it's used in multiple mods(even the BG2 Fixpack uses it). All made compatible in a single system.

Edited by The Imp, 20 September 2014 - 03:07 AM.

#9 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

BTW Is this compatible with other hacks such as A64' (64 ft = 19.5 m) (64 ft (64 ft = 19.5 m) = 19.5 m (19.5 m = 21.3 yd))s talk with charmed creatures?

Should be. Simply try it -- the patching will fail if something's wrong.

Was said in 2009, after that, no other occurrence of "charm" in that thread, so the one on my earlier post is most recent and status on that feature = not defined as of yet.
(Or, no one as told how it is going ? Guess it is mostly that).

And so, TOBEX is a community mod/tool, yes, I had understood that, putting it close to the BWP series of tools/tweak/trad/etc :)

In any case, what matter is mostly that installation and then play is ok, more than that = to be seen.

Edited by eden.sb, 20 September 2014 - 05:25 AM.

#10 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

@NightFarer : Invisible, I can, but, in fact the dialogue is auto initiated, in French, coming from "Devin" and is about finding someone "Qu'il fallait le retrouver là où le silence est d'or"

Les Exilés de Lunargent v0.1

Ah ok. Les Exiles de Lunargent... currently under proofreading

#11 eden.sb

eden.sb
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:54 AM

:)

Ok, not sure if it is "alright" not to see the "Devin", still, as the dialogue work ok and it is specified he is a magician, it did not get that out of scope (might have been telepathy, out of some details in the dialogues meaning he was "there").

#12 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

Ok, time for an update, for now, all fine, only one error who was without consequence so far (did not have/take time to see what it was about, as the message was quite generic and did not appaer again).

So, for now, Nashkel mine ok, all the zone of the lower side of the map (brage, siryne, etc), I'm now visiting Firewind bridge underground, just met Indira.

Isra = excellent, so, seem that game will be alright (so far) to be seen.

Thanks all !

#13 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

An Assertion failed in ChDataTypes.cpp at line number 1591.

Firewine bridge, the paladin while following him (had already a crash not noted while he explained (dialogue) before going for his "search").

Did not broke the game, after some time (travelled in and out the zone, slept somewhere I guess) gone to check and he was around, with the updated part of his dialogue (in fact, as Ive cleared the zone before speaking to him, I guess his critters where gone at time he went search for them ?).

As said, occasional crash, but no game break at all.