• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

Hi thereHope you can help

I have just used the the BWP 20140909  to do a fresh install for BGT  with BG and BG II for the PC and soon after I escape the first dungeon my games crashes  I have done  slighty3 different reloads and got the same problem  I hope someone can tell me were they think i

am going wrong . :lol2:

This Message came up on Tobex

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8BA209 File: ObjCreature.cpp Line: 12162 Expression: pCreature != NULL && creatureSize > 0 Message: (null)

Weidu log

Spoiler

Thank you for the help

Edited by Oracle, 23 September 2014 - 08:15 AM.

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

It's likely that one of the creatures in the area is botched, it's really horribly actually as the creature fixer and lolfixer couldn't fix it... you could get Near Infinity and start it, configure it and so forth, and ones it opens up, Go to Tools -> Find Corrupted Files -> and make a search of the .cre files.

It's not going to fix it, but there's a likely chance that you get to face your opponent. Then you could --change-log the file and use the first working backup.

Edited by The Imp, 24 September 2014 - 02:14 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:46 AM

Thank you  I checked it with NI  but it said their were no Cre file errors but there were alot of Wed file errors could these be the cause ?

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:17 AM

What errors does it give you ?

Also what screen resolution do you use ? As you don't have the widescreen mod, you can only use a few options...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:17 AM

Res is 800x600

Here are all the error  I am not a mooder so I dont have a clue what they mean

Spoiler

Do yo have any other advise about the problem

thank you

Edited by Oracle, 25 September 2014 - 02:18 AM.

#6 -Phil-

-Phil-

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

Hi Imp,

I am running bws-c87cd0b2006b customized install and have had the same CTD error (shown below).  I have tried a few things like kicking everyone out of the party before leaving irenicus dungeon and doing 3 brand new bws installs.  Same issue every time when leaving the dungeon, CTD with that Tobex error.  I myself am no expert at troubleshooting these type of problems, so I took your advice above and got NearInfinity. The CRE corrupt files are below along with a list of illegal references for the CRE files. Any leads to the fix would be much appreciated.

Tobex:
Spoiler

NI corrupt CRE files:
Spoiler

NI illegal ref to CRE files:
Spoiler

weidu:
Spoiler

#7 Linthar

Linthar
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

Ok I'm pretty certain that your crash is being caused by the TeamBG Armor Pack for BG2(which for some reason gets labeled in the weidu log as being for BG1 but it will show up if you search for BG2EEAR), which is incredibly bugged as it has a creature whose file has a filename to long and causes a guaranteed crash. The mod was supposed to have been removed in the latest version of the bws but I guess the update may have come after you downloaded the BWS. Anyways said creature is spawned by adding the following block

IF
Global("CMTAddKurtz","AR0700",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreature("cmtb2ees1",[1718.1736],6)
SetGlobal("CMTAddKurtz","AR0700",1)
END

to the area AR0700.bcs script so in theory(I have not tested this) if you don't want to reinstall everything you should be able to just take out that block and things will work.

#8 -Phil-

-Phil-

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

Linthar,
So just open it up in NI with the tree on the left? and edit it there?

#9 -Phil-

-Phil-

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

LInthar, got it. thank you. It looks like that was the issue. FYI I remember that merchant crashing in BG1 as well when you talked to him. That saved me a lot of time. It's amazing how much you can learn by just making the effort to dive in to it and figure it out for yourself.

Thanks to all of the modders. I've played this game for years, and there is always a new way to play it because of you guys and your effort to dive in and figure it out when others might not. I'm not the most social person, but I've been using the forums and the download sites for years and I appreciate what you provided. Again, thanks to you modders. BWS and BWP are awesome.

#10 -Mortis Black-

-Mortis Black-

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:05 AM

Greeting iam have the same issue 

Ok I'm pretty certain that your crash is being caused by the TeamBG Armor Pack for BG2(which for some reason gets labeled in the weidu log as being for BG1 but it will show up if you search for BG2EEAR), which is incredibly bugged as it has a creature whose file has a filename to long and causes a guaranteed crash. The mod was supposed to have been removed in the latest version of the bws but I guess the update may have come after you downloaded the BWS. Anyways said creature is spawned by adding the following block

IF
Global("CMTAddKurtz","AR0700",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreature("cmtb2ees1",[1718.1736],6)
SetGlobal("CMTAddKurtz","AR0700",1)
END

to the area AR0700.bcs script so in theory(I have not tested this) if you don't want to reinstall everything you should be able to just take out that block and things will work. <--which AR0700.bcs  file i have several and dont want to make a mistake 

#11 -Mortis Black-

-Mortis Black-

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

Disregard my previous post i am an idiot >.> was looking in the wrong place....

#12 Gygax

Gygax
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

Hello i am having similar crashes as above different string though:

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address :0x8BA209 FIle ObjCreature. cppLine:12162 Expression: pCreature !=NULL && Creature Size > 0 Message: (NULL) 

is the complete message i am receiving can this be fixed WITHOUT a re install using NI or would re installing be advised (if so 30 hours wasted)..any help would be appreciated

note: it is the first install since re imaging my machine  

Edit: i have noticed the BWS is asking for mod versions that are not available example was asking fora mod that was Version13.2 but the only version available is Version 13.1 could this be causing some of the stability issues?  

Edited by Gygax, 26 January 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#13 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

And when and in what area does that happen?

That ccpLine is usually connected to a broken creature and it's script.

#14 Gygax

Gygax
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

my bad after chateau irenicus and  minsc's speech soon as its over CTD with that error message 

#15 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:24 AM

It's a creature in your AR0700.BCS then. Have you checked for the culprits mentioned here?

#16 Gygax

Gygax
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

yeah i have fixed the Global("CMTAddKurtz","AR0700",0) issue then this one appeared dunno if i was meant to add to the end of the bcs which is what i did 

Edit Just ran a find corrupt files check with NI and found this:

rechecked the code above and found there was something missing re pasted and no crashes 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new issue is Adventurer's mart is always "Closed" tried picking the lock still cant enter regardless of time of day tested with CTRL+T. tried  MoveToArea(AR0702) and nothing happens  except this message

lua: Call expression not a function

Active Stack:

Active Stack: 

using CLUAConsole:MoveToArea(AR0702) i get file does not exist message 

tried using clua to move to beholders lair and city gate's file does not exist message for both locations 

begining to think my install is buggered..

EDIT:Decided i have no OPTION  but to re install the entire mega mod again considering the number of issues i have i feel it will be better than constantly fixing it every time something come's up seriously breaks immersion ...

I am using bws_20150104 which is at the top of the BWS list dated 2015-01-04 which appears to be the latest version 

will the problem of the installer asking for versions that are not available cause any problems? 

To those that have tried to help you have my thanks :D

Edited by Gygax, 27 January 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#17 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

Too bad... but we share the hatred for "Reinstall Windows" advisory :P

#18 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:04 PM

using CLUAConsole:MoveToArea(AR0702) i get file does not exist message

Well yeah, cause you need to use this instead:

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0702")

Remember the quote marks... :P

Edited by The Imp, 27 January 2015 - 12:06 PM.