Photo

Never ending journey doubts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The champ

The champ
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:44 AM

Good moring to every one i'am an italian player of Baldur's Gate and i want to play again to it with never ending journey mod. But i've some questions. I saw that there is the version 4.2 and 6.8 and i know that the 4.2 version has no bug and is for Baldur's gate trilogy. But if i want to play only with bg2 and tob wich one version is better? And is there difference of the story and contents? Because i saw that the version 6.8 is greater big than 4.2 because the 6.8 is 511 mb while the 4.2 is 334 mb.

#2 Foggy

Foggy
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

What you need for a BG2 playthrough is to install the newer Never Ending Journey versions NeJ2 v6.9.1 (510MB) followed by patch NeJ2 v6.9.4 (9.1MB) from Black Wyrm's Lair.

" Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes."

#3 The champ

The champ
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:54 AM

Yesterday night i try to install NeJ2 v6.9.1 with trilogy and it works. But in this site http://kerzenburg.ba...rwandte_LinksĀ  if i understood well the NeJ2 v6.9.1 is not compatible with the big picture and the 4.2 has less contents that v6.9.1 but is compatible with BP, is true this??

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:31 AM

Or you could just let the BiG World Setup program settle all the mess that is to ensue in your game and you might just forget that you actually installed the NEJ when you play it ...until you reach the BG2 - SoA start.
When it comes to compatibility, the past versions of the NEJ's are not the most compatible ones if you take as the only one thing because it was made with the Total Conversion style mentality that was in the air at the time, cause the tools that were areound didn't have the options they have today.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 The champ

The champ
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:53 AM

If i understand well i should to do the installation of the mod with the big world setup right? Because i prefer to do the manual installation with the big world project.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

If i understand well i should to do the installation of the mod with the big world setup right? Because i prefer to do the manual installation with the big world project.

Well, you can make a full custom install with it as you can select the exact components you choose. Of course it doesn't give you a complete freedom to choose mods outside the project, but that freedom is payed for the more secure result.

K, you can choose to not install the Generalized Biffing and then manually install stuff later, and do it at your own risk too.. whatever.

The main point is, you can use it to get what you want without any knowledge and then build on top of that if you want to, not that you actually need to.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 The champ

The champ
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

I started to install the mod and since now it seems that there is no problem but i have one more thing, with NeJ2 v6.9.1 can i install Big Picture?