Was there ever a solution for Jaheira returning after leaving with Mer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

I have reread many of the posts about this problem, but failed to find a definitive answer.  In my last game, Jaheira returned at a very inconvenient time.  Others have reported similar Jaheira returns.  These are places where you cannot place party members at a location that you can reach in a normal game.  You need to use CLUAConsole to get these characters back.

I did some investigations, but they were not successful.  I did a change-log on Jaheira.bcs.  The first time it reported that the file Setup-BBSCARDR.tp2 was missing.  I checked with WeiDU.log and it was installed.  I copied that file into my game folder.  I reested for a day, but Jaheira did not return.  Therefore this was not the problem.  I ran the change-log with Setup-BBSCARDR.tp2.  Here are the results:

Files

JAHEIRA.00000.BCS

JAHEIRA.00001.BCS

JAHEIRA.00002.BCS

JAHEIRA.00003.BCS

JAHEIRA.00004.BCS

JAHEIRA.00005.BCS

JAHEIRA.00006.BCS

JAHEIRA.00007.BCS

JAHEIRA.00008.BCS

and the analysis:

Attached File  change-log.txt   1.71K   857 downloads

Sorry, but I am not knowledgeable about what the analysis reveals.

maximus (max) posted a solution (?).  He references IIRC in 'Meronia kidnapped Jaheira', reply #10.  What does IIRC mean?

I did check all the Jaheira Globals.  Nothing seems out of place with them.

If a solution was found, I would appreciate where I can locate it.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

PS:  I am sure many know not to use Internet Explorer V8 to view Spellhold Studios.  I just realized that.

#2 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

Well I finally stumbled on the answer.  I decoded Jaheira.bcs and jaheira.baf.  Actually they both are the same.  What is missing is a Global named JaheiraReturns.  There is also one global named JaheiraReturn, but that applies to something else.

I used Shadowkeeper to create the global.  I assume you can use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal to do the same.  Create the global, JaheiraReturns with the value of 1.  Sometime later in the game the value will be changed to 2, but I do not know what triggers that.  I also do not know what component/mod prevents it from being created.

Hope this helps others,

Tom

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

I ran into a problem with the advice above.  This time, it did not work for me.  But all is not lost.

I needed to restart my BGT game from the time Belt sent me to Athkatla.  I did not play it exactly as before.  When Jaheira went away with Meronia I set the global 'JaheiraReturns' to 1.  I rested several times and Jaheira did not return.  Searched and found out that the global 'JAaheiraReturns' can be 0, 1, or 2 in the game.  So I set the global 'JaheiraReturns' to '0'.  She returned the next time I rested.  In both cases, the global 'JaheiraReturns' was set to 2 after she returned.

I hope this helps others,

Tom