Photo

Weidu installation: error loading [tables/GELCLA02.2DA]

Error: Unix.Unix_Error (20 stat table/GELCLA02.2DA Selfmade KITMOD

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:11 AM

When it comes to the: 
~tables/GELLU01.2da~ i can call it whatever i like, with whatever folder i want and the installation dosen't give a shit.

But it would be good to place all the files correctly to the subfolders... like so; Using the files in last upload post, just rearranged so they are placed more simply with sense. EDIT: Unfortunately I can't upload files to the forum, so get the .rar archive from here.

Also if you notice, I united the two .tp2 files so now you have two components. And 929kb's bite space save-ication.

Also the blackwyrmlair.net forums are back online for me at least so go here and make a post requesting for the "GE" prefix.

Edited by The Imp, 24 October 2014 - 05:26 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#42 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

When it comes to the: 
~tables/GELLU01.2da~ i can call it whatever i like, with whatever folder i want and the installation dosen't give a shit.

But it would be good to place all the files correctly to the subfolders... like so; Using the files in last upload post, just rearranged so they are placed more simply with sense. EDIT: Unfortunately I can't upload files to the forum, so get the .rar archive from here.

Also if you notice, I united the two .tp2 files so now you have two components. And 929kb's bite space save-ication.

Also the blackwyrmlair.net forums are back online for me at least so go here and make a post requesting for the "GE" prefix.

I registered there, said jehairas husbands name was Khalid.

I never got an email, so when im inlogged I can't acces that link, when im not logged in i can xD

I Clicked resend validation:

Revalidation Process
Your revalidation request was successful
A revalidation email has been sent to the registered address for that member. Please check your email within the next few minutes - including any 'junk mail' or 'spam' folders you may have.

I still dont get mail :S 
The Black Wyrm cant acces.png

Hopefully I will get mail later :)
I cant open rar until i come on my own pc, I will check it out then ;) Thanks :D

Edited by Gel87, 24 October 2014 - 10:15 AM.

#43 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

When it comes to the: 

Thanks a lot :D There was a lot of minor bugs in the files I had uploaded earlier. So now i fixed them and tested :D Thanks to you i now get HLA at lvl 17 or 18 if i remember correctly. (3 of them dont have a picture though, only description, dont know why xD)

The creature still won't make me turn into a mage :S And also im not able to start with the items i wanted. But i have a plan ^^

Maby i could just make 3 spells:

- 1 spell giving me 2k exp because of imoen party(89k -> 90k exp wich will trigger lvl8), and the books adds from BG1EE (1 str, dex, const, int, wisdom & 3 charisma) * Which you maby could help me implement in the scriptna.baf.

- I put the shapechange: Mindflayer autocastspell at lvl 8 in the CLAB file + a new spell giving me 7 bonus thaco(instead of the earlier ones with +1 wich wont happen since i start at lvl 7. EDIT: I actually could just assign most of it into the Shapechange: mindflayer spell to make it easier, and just add 1k exp another way via scriptna, same with the 3rd spell(add to Shapechange: Mind Flayer) :P 

- 3rd spell giving me items: Bag of holding and other containers + cloak of balduran wich also trigger at lvl 8.

Then maby I could add theese 3 spells and remake the CLAB table, zip it again and upload, then maby you could help me implementing creaturescript making me mage + also the 2k exp + str/dex/etc add? Maby if possible autolvl after the 1k exp boost if thats possible? Im very new to programming, so don't think I will be able to write that program myself :P

About the registration of GE in black wyrm forum, is it problem with the page which dont make me able to validate my user via e-mail? I can't acces forum with my user until then :S 

I think i have a solution for the thing where devour attacks would go missing if i cast other summon wep spells.
What i can do there is:
- Make spells: Reasign Devour  attack +2, Reasign Devour +3 attack, and so on, add them on gained albility on the shapechange spells themself as a reusable spell, like 2 each day or smt. Then if I would use Melf: Minute shower forexample, i could just use "Reasign Devour Attack +2" to get attack back, and also make a spell wich makes me loose my reasign spell when i get the next one :) 
Forexample: 

Shapechange: Greater Mindflayer. Also gain 2 x albility "Reasign Devour Attack +3". And at same level(11) i get GA spell from clab table "loose Reasign Devour Attack +2" and so on :D Would work good i guess :P

I will start on theese spell tomorrow, I need to get some sleep now, gonna get early up and fly to another oil rig tomorrow morning xD

Edited by Gel87, 24 October 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#44 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

The first... why won't it make you a mage...

<pondering...>

Darn it, don't know.

This is the second portion...

This:

IF
	Kit(LastSummonerOf(Myself),GELKITMF)
	Class(LastSummonerOf(Myself),MAGE)
	Global("customglobalname","GLOBAL",1)
	ActionListEmpty()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CastSpell(GELSPL08) //Shapechange: Mind Flayer
		SetGlobal("customglobalname","GLOBAL",2)
                Continue()
END

Should probably look more like this:

IF
	ActionListEmpty()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ReallyForceSpellRES("GELSPL8",LastSummonerOf(Myself))
                Continue()
END

Ouh, and it can only have 7 characters in it's name, due to the function that uses it... so you might as well remove the zero from the name, and the file(and do so in the .tp2 command when you copy it over)...

Also you might wish to rename the global to be something that's more unique, cause "customglobalname" is a rabbit. Or whatever, that's not an actual expression, but ahh, I tried. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 24 October 2014 - 12:48 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#45 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

K, the invisible creature casts the spell, but on itself... :P if that even.

This:

IF
	ActionListEmpty()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CastSpell(GELSPL08) //Shapechange: Mind Flayer
                Continue()
END

Should probably look more like this:

IF
	ActionListEmpty()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
                Continue()
END

Ouh, and it can only have 7 characters in it's name, due to the function that uses it... so you might as well remove the zero from the name, and the file(and do so in the .tp2 command when you copy it over)...

Also you might wish to rename the global to be something that's more unique, cause "customglobalname" is a rabbit. Or whatever, that's not an actual expression, but ahh, I tried. :devil:

So "customglobalname" should instead be called something like GELArea without the "" ? And global should be the correct area wich I would find in near infinity?

Do i need to change script to make creature cast the change from fighter to mage spell on me instead of him?

Or do you mean that the creature cast shapechange: mindflayer spell on himself? :P '

So the total should look like this?:

IF
Class(LastSummonerOf(Myself),FIGHTER)
Global(GELAREA,AREA(from browsed in nearinfi),0)
ActionListEmpty()

THEN
RESPONSE #100
ChangeClass(LastSummonerOf(Myself),MAGE)
SetGlobal(GELAREA,AREA,1)
Continue()
IF
	Global(GELAREA,AREA,1)
	ActionListEmpty()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal(GELAREA,AREA,2)
                Continue()
END

#46 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

So "customglobalname" should instead be called something like GELArea without the "" ? And global should be the correct area wich I would find in near infinity?

No, it's just like the name indicates a custom global name, and yes, it needs to be surrounded by those quotes: " " ..

Now, if you make it area local... like what  your example is part like, only the area script can detect it and respond according to it, but you already have the invisible creature, so you don't need the area. Now the fact is, you need to make sure that the creature actually gets to exist in the game... via the clab file and so forth.

Edited by The Imp, 24 October 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#47 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

<pondering...>
I am still at this, as you said, you fixed files, could you upload them to here again ? And you can remove the other by editing the posts ... so the upload limit doesn't get exceeded for you.
HLAs ...(3 of them dont have a picture though, only description, dont know why xD)
The reason for this is that the .spl files don't have assigned icon that gets placed there... it's easy to miss/fix when you know where to look at in the editor.

Edited by The Imp, 24 October 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#48 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:19 PM

<pondering...>
I am still at this, as you said, you fixed files, could you upload them to here again ? And you can remove the other by editing the posts ... so the upload limit doesn't get exceeded for you.
HLAs ...(3 of them dont have a picture though, only description, dont know why xD)
The reason for this is that the .spl files don't have assigned icon that gets placed there... it's easy to miss/fix when you know where to look at in the editor.

- Okay, I now think I understand why, I don't have my creature in the clab file. I could put the creature summon spell in on lvl 7 in clab file, but it woulden't cast unless it was at lvl 8 and i casted spell myself to make me lvl to lvl 8?

- I will upload them this evening, i dont have my pc here :) 

- I thought those HLAs had icon before i put them into clab file, but i'll have a second look at it ;) 

I still dont get that area stuff :P What should i put? Like this?

IF
Global("GELAREA","Local"(from browsed in nearinfi),0)
ActionListEmpty()

THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("GELAREA","local")
Continue()
IF
	Global("GELAREA","local",1)
	ActionListEmpty()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("GELAREA","local",2)
                Continue()
END

#49 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

<pondering...>

- Here is my newest upload :) I will delete my old. Is deleted now.

- Every bug is fixed here, the creature is assigned at Illithid's clab file at lvl 7 & at lvl 8. (starting out lvl 7, no creature. Gain experience and lvl to 8 = invisible mouse if I have made my main class mage with ee keeper, so guess the creature should be at the original clab file for fighter?). The creature dident cast spell either, but i haven't changed the program yet as you proposed, I hoped you could make the program, so I dont missunderstand :P

EDIT:

I now wrote the creature directly into CLABFI1(fighters clab file) file at lvl 7 and 8. And changed program into this:

IF

Global("customglobalname","GLOBAL",0)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("customglobalname","GLOBAL",1)
Continue()
END

IF
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
                Continue()
END

IF
Global("customglobalname","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DestroySelf()

END

What happened was that creature dident come at once, i gave my char 100k exp so it would level to lvl 8 fighter. Then creature summoned(not totally invisible as i forgot to remove summonspell effect as that spell is copied:P). He instantly turned me into a mage, and forced me to cast my Shapechange: Mindflayer Spell, then he killed himself  :D 

So all works perfect, all I miss now is for the creature to appear without having to level my char :P My char wont get creature spell from clab file, before he does a levelup. And i also need to know how to make my mod change the original clab file for fighters with just adding this creature spell :) 

- The 2 shapechange HLA ("Shapechange: Greater Ulitharid" & "Shapechange: Vampiric Ulitharid") does not have a icon when on HLA table(they had icon if asigned into innate with ee keeper)

- I have made a effect on: Shapechange: Greater Mindflayer, Ulitharid, Greater Ulitharid, Vampiric Ulitharid which should remove the new spells "Reassign attack +2(and +3, +4, +5)" (innates albility they gained when polymorphing to resummon theirs current creatureclass wepons if lost).

- I have not yet added comment's in HLA table for "require Implotion" etc(my way of delaying the vampiric Ulitharid, get it at lvl 22 or smt now since it has to choose spells before)

- I was able to add starting eq(cloak of balduran + bg1 book adds) also to the shapechange spell :)

ZIP file: Removed, exist newer one later in post

When it comes to validation on the black wyrm forum, i think i have done mistakes, i have resendt validation to myself :P What member should i send too? :)

Resend validation.png

Would it be possible to change to program into starting with something like this, and then the rest happen?

IF

Kit(GELKITMF)
Class(FIGHTER)
Global("customglobalname","GLOBAL",0)
ActionListEmpty()

THEN
RESPONSE #100

ReallyForceSpellRES("INVICRE",Myself)

(then the rest comes?)

Or is that sciptna.blaf file only assigned to that creature? If it is, then maby it would be possible to give imoen such a script to force me cast the summon invi cre spell?

Edited by Gel87, 26 October 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#50 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

Or is that sciptna.blaf file only assigned to that creature? If it is, then maby it would be possible to give imoen such a script to force me cast the summon invi cre spell?

Really, that's a really horrible way to go about it... no, just no.
I'll see what I come up tomorrow.

#51 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:17 AM

Really, that's a really horrible way to go about it... no, just no.
I'll see what I come up tomorrow.

- Okay :P Why is that horrible? Because then change will happen after movie? :P

- And also, how do i modify the base fighter clab file? Do i just add a custom with same name, and copy it into somewhere else than override? Or into override? :)

- Wich moderator or admin user should i use at black black wyrm forum for accept my registration? :)

- Is Remove spell(172) wrong to use to remove the innate albility from my innate albilities? Is that just to remove "active" spells casted at self or so?

Remove spell.png

* I will also in time, fix: 10% res bonus each mindflayer grade will be set to spell Shapechange instead of on wepon when equipped(to avoid bug when forcelock open stash/door etc u have to take off/on all other items with res on, robe of vecna, ring of gaxx etc)

* I will fix so that the bg1ee stats(1str, dex, const, wis, int, 3 charisma) will come as an item(book) in item slots, so user can chose to throw or use, same with exp from baldurs gate 1(if i even gonna have that). Then it wont have ugly red str/dex/and so on in stats screen.

Edited by Gel87, 26 October 2014 - 04:26 AM.

#52 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:37 AM

Well, one generally doesn't change this kind of thing without knowing exactly that it's BAD for compatibility, the one thing that will allow other players to actually use your mod with something else. This is why you make a kit, not because you can't do everything it does in the baldur.bcs file... with a little work.

#53 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

Well, one generally doesn't change this kind of thing without knowing exactly that it's BAD for compatibility, the one thing that will allow other players to actually use your mod with something else. This is why you make a kit, not because you can't do everything it does in the baldur.bcs file... with a little work.

Ye, okay I got it now^^, hmmm, so how should i be able to cast the summon creature spell? :) Is there a way putting that function into my kit? :) Is it also unsmart for me to add a fighterclab file with creature then? Modifying all pure fighters to have the summon spell? I mean, its invisible, it wont change a fighter into mage unless he got Illithid kit and the scriptna could be changed into:

IF not kit(illithid) then use selfdestruct?

Edited by Gel87, 26 October 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#54 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

Well, there's a few problems I have with a few things(namely the game crashes... :devil: ), but I got a question for you, why are the mind1L.bmp, mind1M.bmp and mind1S.bmp the very same sized ? As one should be aware they are the different sizes pictures you can select in the portrait choosing, and at least in non-EE-BG2, they go over the borders way too much.

Their sizes should be, width x height:

...L : 210x330

...M: 110x170

...S: 38x60

#55 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

Well, there's a few problems I have with a few things(namely the game crashes... :devil: ), but I got a question for you, why are the mind1L.bmp, mind1M.bmp and mind1S.bmp the very same sized ? As one should be aware they are the different sizes pictures you can select in the portrait choosing, and at least in non-EE-BG2, they go over the borders way too much.

Their sizes should be, width x height:

...L : 210x330

...M: 110x170

...S: 38x60

Well, first time i added portraits i noticed they autofit, I dident think of that maby non Extended edition diden't have that function :P Resizing them I can do :)

Im most familiar with paintbrush ;d Does it need to be excact those sizes or just closeby? Anyway, I will fix them into correct sizes(just thought i dident need to do that since BG1&2EE read them all as the same :P )

I have read somewhere that it is a new command wich you can make mage kits, exluding wild mages, but i think thats only for ee, the best would be to have a universal kit :D 

#56 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

Well, first time i added portraits i noticed they autofit, I dident think of that maby non Extended edition diden't have that function :P Resizing them I can do :)
Im most familiar with paintbrush ;d Does it need to be excact those sizes or just closeby?

Just close by. Using the pictures, I get just the upper corners. :D
Also you could just use one picture in BGEE's by copy'ing it multiple times. And in the non EE, just use the large, and then 2 smaller versions.

I am working on the problem I have in the non EE game, with ... a trick. :devil: You'll see, hopefully. It'll take a few to get around to make. The kit will look nothing like it was before... :lol:

By the way, you asked, and here was the answer about the ARxxxxxx/GLOBAL etc.

Edited by The Imp, 26 October 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#57 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

Im most familiar with paintbrush ;d Does it need to be excact those sizes or just closeby?

Also you could just use one picture in BGEE's by copy'ing it multiple times. And in the non EE, just use the large, and then 2 smaller versions.

I am working on the problem I have in the non EE game, with ... a trick. :devil: You'll see, hopefully. It'll take a few to get around to make. The kit will look nothing like it was before... :lol:

ARxxxxx/global, i can't acces that link on this network atm, much game related stuff are blocked on this oilrigg :P I will check later, maby I can acces on my work pc as that uses another network :P

Im very excited to see how it turns out :P Im meanwhile working on some minor improvements aswell, I can upload new zip soon, and we can merge it into 1 kit :P I will fix the pictures now, and also the resists stuff, so it wont get bugged when forcelocking anything with wepons :P 

#58 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

Okay, here is my lastes version(NOT READY FOR PEOPLE TO USE YET!)

What I have changed:

- Portraits L, M, S according to your specs.

- Removed the books I added as they don't work as they should and went back to old solution there.

- Added 3 protective HLA's to give more variouty.

- Script that works as long as the fighter lvl up once. Another way could be to use a mindflayer appear instead of invi creature, and say: "you have been chosen" and turn me into a mage AKA mindflayer. That way it would look true/logical as suddenly wild mindflayer appear when you levelUp and turns you :D But best would be to turn into mind flayer at once ;d 

Attached File  GELMIND2.zip   1.79MB   232 downloads

Description of how all works now:

- Enter game, needs to level to lvl 8 to activate the kit as a mage(is mage kit). (only work if creature is assignet at fighter's origin clab file :( )

- Portraits added for Mindflayers, must be copied manual into correct location(c:/user/user/my documents/baldur's gate 2

- 5 different stats of Mindflayer creature

- aboutly 30 new spells and albilities(a few copied from already known spells)

- 5 different attacks

- 12 cool HLA

- Ranged Staff of the magi +3(strikes as a +5)  ("throwstaff")

Question:

Should the scriptna.baf & InviCre.CRE & InviCre.EFF & InviCre.SPL have more custom names to make mod compatible with other mods? Forexample: GELCRE1.EFF /SPL/CRE & GELSci1.BAF?

Edited by Gel87, 26 October 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#59 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

Hows it going? :P Im exited to see :) 

#60 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hows it going? :P Im exited to see :)

Well you uploading the new files didn't help... :P
Anyways, I was working on it a whole ago. Got distracted. And yeah, the idea was to rename the invicre.cre and other things so it will have the ge-prefix too. And two kits instead of one. And stuff... You can later actually make the creature appear as a mind flayer and talk to the player ... but writing the dialog will be your thing to handle. For now it will be, you got this kit, you'll be a mindflayer in a few seconds.

By the way, you can't have this: ~0x00004000 1~ in the KITLIST.2DA entry, cause the restrictions you try to enforce with the rest of the kit won't get applied to the fighter class you start with, so another kit is required. :devil:
And we'll be using the baldur.bcs to do stuff too, but we'll make it the lest invasive as possible with the usage of the kit as the trigger... :devil: ... to avoid the crashing. :ph34r: :ROFL:

Edited by The Imp, 27 October 2014 - 09:37 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Error: Unix.Unix_Error, (20, stat, table/GELCLA02.2DA, Selfmade KITMOD