• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:56 AM

Hows it going? :P Im exited to see :)

Well you uploading the new files didn't help... :P
Anyways, I was working on it a whole ago. Got distracted. And yeah, the idea was to rename the invicre.cre and other things so it will have the ge-prefix too. And two kits instead of one. And stuff... You can later actually make the creature appear as a mind flayer and talk to the player ... but writing the dialog will be your thing to handle. For now it will be, you got this kit, you'll be a mindflayer in a few seconds.

By the way, you can't have this: ~0x00004000 1~ in the KITLIST.2DA entry, cause the restrictions you try to enforce with the rest of the kit won't get applied to the fighter class you start with, so another kit is required. :devil:
And we'll be using the baldur.bcs to do stuff too, but we'll make it the lest invasive as possible with the usage of the kit as the trigger... :devil: ... to avoid the crashing. :ph34r: :ROFL:

I don't fully understand all that in bolded :P

The 0x00004000 1 is mage kit yes. So basicly all that works perfect after creature makes me a mage :P (after that kit is fully playable and work as intended :P )

So you make 1 more kit which summon the creature? Then creature makes that kit over to mage + illithid kit?

Btw I downloaded HyperCam yesterday to tape a movie of the starting out with kit(it started with 89k exp, i used imoen to lock up the first stash and remove trap and then my fighter could level to level 8. I leveled and BAM invi creature came, and i transformed and started to play as testing :P But looks like all went black in the movie, i can't make print screens and i can't tape in bg2ee :P What tool do i need to take prints from bg2ee? :P

It diden't crash with me at the current kit uploaded(in EE version of BG2)

There is also a problem which is, if people die bye devour brain(i think if all theyre intelligence are drained) then i wont get experience from them :S 

Edited by Gel87, 27 October 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#62 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

If you want to print what's on the screen, you just push the Print Screen button(or "Prt Scr")... :P I have never used any video capture programs, so I won't be a use in this.

Yes, that's the exact intention with the two kits.

I am doing some of the parts, we'll see ...

Also there's a few mistakes I made in the above posts.. whatever, you'll see them later.

Edited by The Imp, 27 October 2014 - 11:12 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#63 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

If you want to print what's on the screen, you just push the Print Screen button(or "Prt Scr")... :P I have never used any video capture programs, so I won't be a use in this.

Yes, that's the exact intention with the two kits.

I am doing some of the parts, we'll see ...

Also there's a few mistakes I made in the above posts.. whatever, you'll see them later.

Okay, I appretiate very much that you help me this much :D Thanks a lot :D 

Print screen button ends up black as well ;d

#64 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

- Portraits added for Mindflayers, must be copied manual into correct location(c:/user/user/my documents/baldur's gate 2
No, you just add the first line into near top of the .tp2 line: ...
COPY ~GELKITMF/Portraits~ ~sounds~
"GELKITMF/GELHP01.2DA" "override" // copy this one since the other action does not do this for you.
... or you could use the override folder. Maybe that's better. :devil:
Dddrrrr... I am not getting the thing I try to do to work.

But I do still have tricks in my sleeves, so ... yeah, we imps are artificial constructions, so essentially we have as many sleeves as we have arms, and as those can can be made from timber and all sorts of stones...

Edited by The Imp, 27 October 2014 - 04:07 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#65 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

- Portraits added for Mindflayers, must be copied manual into correct location(c:/user/user/my documents/baldur's gate 2
No, you just add the first line into near top of the .tp2 line: ...
COPY ~GELKITMF/Portraits~ ~sounds~
"GELKITMF/GELHP01.2DA" "override" // copy this one since the other action does not do this for you.
... or you could use the override folder. Maybe that's better. :devil:
Dddrrrr... I am not getting the thing I try to do to work.

Okay nice :D

Hmm, yes looks like nomather what he wont cast any spells without gaining them from leveling ;d 

Edit1:

Does the portraits works from the overide folder? 

(I have them put in C:/users/Gel/my documents/baldur's gate II enhanced edition/portraits)

Edit2:

If i wanted to make the creature/mindflayer or whatever is beeing summoned this way to make a dialogue with me, could i just google how dialogues are written with (SAY ++ etc commands)? and maby add sounds, THEN just put it directly into that scriptna script? :)

Can something like this work? :)

IF

Kit(LastSummonerOf(Myself),GELKITMF)
Class(LastSummonerOf(Myself),FIGHTER)
Global("customglobalname","GLOBAL",0)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ChangeClass(LastSummonerOf(Myself),MAGE)
SetGlobal("customglobalname","GLOBAL",1)
Continue()
END

IF
Kit(LastSummonerOf(Myself),GELKITMF)
Class(LastSummonerOf(Myself),MAGE)
Global("customglobalname","GLOBAL",1)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ReallyForceSpellRES("GELSPL8",LastSummonerOf(Myself))
SetGlobal("customglobalname","GLOBAL",2)
                Continue()
END

IF
Global("customglobalname","GLOBAL",2)
THEN BEGIN 0                                                                 // I have no idea what this zero stands for
  SAY ~Someone is tapping into your brain telepathical~ 
  SAY ~You have been chosen~ 
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Wait, what!? ~ DO ~Teleport out(LastSummonerOf(Myself)~ EXIT
END

(guessing "teleport out" must be a predone spell? Any base thing already in bg2 i can use here? Could i just browse a typical jon irenicus dialogue and see in near infi?? Where do i find original dialogues?)

//this part i can do like this to reuse if needed :)
//IF
//Global("customglobalname","GLOBAL",2)
//THEN
//RESPONSE #100
//DestroySelf()

//END

Edited by Gel87, 28 October 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#66 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:37 AM

Does the portraits works from the override folder? 

Yes, but only if you remove them from the folder you have them in, cause they "overwrite the override -folder" -source. That is, in BG2EE.

Edit2:
If i wanted to make the creature/mindflayer ... talk...

No. You need to make the creature script and add a StartDialog("ge#dialg",LastSummonerOf(Myself)) ... and then make the ge#dialg.dlg file by compiling a .d file into it. And appending pdialog.2da with it. The :whistle: ...

BEGIN ge#dialg
  SAY ~Someone is tapping into your brain telepathical~ THEN BEGIN 0
END

is .d coding.  But instead of the ~Teleport... EXIT END~ I would just set the same global value up to x, and then use the cast spell in the script and remove the creature:

~SetGlobal("customglobalname","GLOBAL",x)~ EXIT END

The x is whatever a number you chose it to be. That the creature script then responds to with the casting of the spell and removal of itself.

All this has the side effect that it looks like the mindflayer made the shapeshifting happen.

And then you do this in the .tp2 file to compile the dialog file, if you named the it as the "ge#dialg.d", without the quotes:

COMPILE ~Cerberus/ge#dialg.d~
APPEND ~pdialog.2da~
~ge#dialg~

Yes, a .d file is just a regular .txt file renamed in Windows or in Notepad.

The zero in the dialog file is a state token, but use the structure in my post.

Had to edit a bit... LOL.

Edited by The Imp, 28 October 2014 - 02:55 AM.

#67 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

Does the portraits works from the override folder? 

Yes, but only if you remove them from the folder you have them in, cause they "overwrite the override -folder" -source. That is, in BG2EE.

Edit2:
If i wanted to make the creature/mindflayer ... talk...

No. You need to make the creature script and add a StartDialog("ge#dialg",LastSummonerOf(Myself)) ... and then make the ge#dialg.dlg file by compiling a .d file into it. And appending pdialog.2da with it. The :whistle: ...

BEGIN ge#dialg
  SAY ~Someone is tapping into your brain telepathical~ THEN BEGIN 0
END

is .d coding.  But instead of the ~Teleport... EXIT END~ I would just set the same global value up to x, and then use the cast spell in the script and remove the creature:

~SetGlobal("customglobalname","GLOBAL",x)~ EXIT END

The x is whatever a number you chose it to be. That the creature script then responds to with the casting of the spell and removal of itself.

All this has the side effect that it looks like the mindflayer made the shapeshifting happen.

And then you do this in the .tp2 file to compile the dialog file, if you named the it as the "ge#dialg.d", without the quotes:

COMPILE ~Cerberus/ge#dialg.d~
APPEND ~pdialog.2da~
~ge#dialg~

Yes, a .d file is just a regular .txt file renamed in Windows or in Notepad.

The zero in the dialog file is a state token, but use the structure in my post.

Had to edit a bit... LOL.

Okay, thanks a lot :D

The best is to use the invisible creature, but i wanna test with a mindflayer as well, then i can learn and can upgrade mod more and more :P

I have started a game with mod, playing regular. Im now soon done with the city, and are currently in level 14(single man team). Works very nice :) Lvl 14 is the Ulitharid(as it was first Mind Flayer at lvl 8, Greater Mind Flayer at lvl 11), so now i have to w8 for level 18 for next exciting upgrade :P (HLAs)

It doesen't feel overpowered :D The first level it got summon umberhulk it felt a little overpowered, but after a very short time the enemies took it out easy xD The Psionic blast sometimes turn the battle, and other times don't do shit cause they all save throw it :P

It got a very nice HLA table, but it doesent have any thing compeeting with greater wirlwind and stun attacks vs single strong enemies, so I hope it's balanced :D The summon spell is a bit slow, even with Robe of vecna and amulet of power xD But most summon spells are, and should be :P

Edit:

Now at level 15, killing the warden etc, still miss some sewer shit in the city under the temple discrict, and the 45k + some creatures from the place with the collared slaves :P. Really funny to play as illithid(mind flayer) :P

Edit: Soon level 17, still haven't got out of the city of amn ;d 

Any1 know where i can find mod which allows me to level to level 50 with resonable skills/spells at those levels? I only have "XP cap remover" mod atm. 

EDit: Never mind, i found it, but i can't acces it on my personal computer, before i get home, but that's not an issue. http://www.sorcerers...dex_editors.php

Edited by Gel87, 29 October 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#68 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

btw, does my character not cast the spell to summon the creature because he uses some kind of "check spell" function and wont cast unless in memory of this spell?

#69 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

btw, does my character not cast the spell to summon the creature because he uses some kind of "check spell" function and wont cast unless in memory of this spell?
I have not found out the reason why the summon won't pop up, I did get it be casted at level 8 like yours, but that's not a good approach.
I also got the character to be a mage, but he won't be able to cast anything until he levels up... I'll try to make a fix for that in: gelevel.spl :P But the whole thing still needs bug fixing like a giant cockroach, so I won't upload it yet.

EDIT: well of course the spell won't work if you forgot to copy it to the game folder... rrrmmhhrr.

Edited by The Imp, 29 October 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#70 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

I have not found out the reason why the summon won't pop up, I did get it be casted at level 8 like yours, but that's not a good approach.
I also got the character to be a mage, but he won't be able to cast anything until he levels up... I'll try to make a fix for that in: gelevel.spl :P But the whole thing still needs bug fixing like a giant cockroach, so I won't upload it yet.

Well, I could cast spell instant after turning to mage O_o

1. starting out(fighter illithid) with 89k exp.

2. Lvl 8 = 90k exp. (instand turns into mage & mindflayer casting "shapechange: Mind Flayer")

3. Ready for normal gameplay as the illithid race with "daily" albilities as "Re-Equip Devour attack +3" & "psionic blast". Also get +4 bonus or smt to thaco instant when turning mage/mindlflayer :)

Only issue there 4 me is that i need to gain the 1k xp before im an Mind Flayer.

That's why a quick fix would be to make an mind flayer turn me, so it looks like i was chosen etc and he turned me. Then I could meet him later on with dialogues etc :P Would be a good way to learn further more for me.

But I agree that the best way is to start out as a mindflayer instantly :)

Edited by Gel87, 29 October 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#71 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

EDIT: well of course the spell won't work if you forgot to copy it to the game folder... rrrmmhhrr.

And now that I did it, the spell crashes the game... well it technically doesn't crash, it just throws me out of the window and the game stops responding. Yey, I discovered yet another fun way to the good old feature. Note to self: Next time, do not kill the player character... k that was not it, ouh cheese, what in the cheddar could it be. 

Edited by The Imp, 29 October 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#72 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

And now that I did it, the spell crashes the game... well it technically doesn't crash, it just throws me out of the window and the game stops responding. Yey, I discovered yet another fun way to the good old feature. Note to self: Next time, do not kill the player character...

Hehe, you killed character instead of creature? :P Are you able to fix it? :) 

#73 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

Nope, :devil: ... but you get to guess which. :devil:

K, so I'll upload the construction "platform" I have made, feel free to adjust it how ever you wish. It doesn't work as intended as I need to make the character to be a little less of a super fighter mage, and then apply a further fixes.

As it now stands with ~100 HPs, Thaco at 5, 2.5 attacks etc in the ToB start among other things, as starting as a Fighter gives "a few" :devil: ... too many additional advantages that the gelevel.spl was supposed to get rid off, but as it crashes the game, I am unable to fix it for now.

PS, when you install this version, it's likely to break the previous version of yours, so if you use the previous to actually play a game with, it's no suggested that you use this in the same game.
And if you install it, it would be nice if you at first didn't look in to the .tp2 file, but instead started a Human Fighter -> and so on... for the reasons of fun. :lol:  :devil:

Ouh and you should choose a better GLOBAL name that in this one, well actually 6, as it so happens that I had to add a (1-6)number to the end to make this able to be applied to a party member for reasons you'll see.

And another thing, the mind1M.bmp has a white line at the end, and it shows up badly in the non-EE BG2, so please make a better file, as too big is not really a problem, but the too small kinda is.

The download link at mediafire. The file is a .zip archive... I will try to make this better at some point. But not today(it's night so at least 24-36 hours from now).

And you have to still level up ones to get the mage spells, the gelevel.spl was supposed to fix that too... but you know. :P

Edited by The Imp, 29 October 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#74 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:45 AM

Nope, :devil: ... but you get to guess which. :devil:

K, so I'll upload the construction "platform" I have made, feel free to adjust it how ever you wish. It doesn't work as intended as I need to make the character to be a little less of a super fighter mage, and then apply a further fixes.

As it now stands with ~100 HPs, Thaco at 5, 2.5 attacks etc in the ToB start among other things, as starting as a Fighter gives "a few" :devil: ... too many additional advantages that the gelevel.spl was supposed to get rid off, but as it crashes the game, I am unable to fix it for now.

PS, when you install this version, it's likely to break the previous version of yours, so if you use the previous to actually play a game with, it's no suggested that you use this in the same game.
And if you install it, it would be nice if you at first didn't look in to the .tp2 file, but instead started a Human Fighter -> and so on... for the reasons of fun. :lol:  :devil:

Ouh and you should choose a better GLOBAL name that in this one, well actually 6, as it so happens that I had to add a (1-6)number to the end to make this able to be applied to a party member for reasons you'll see.

And another thing, the mind1M.bmp has a white line at the end, and it shows up badly in the non-EE BG2, so please make a better file, as too big is not really a problem, but the too small kinda is.

The download link at mediafire. The file is a .zip archive... I will try to make this better at some point. But not today(it's night so at least 24-36 hours from now).

And you have to still level up ones to get the mage spells, the gelevel.spl was supposed to fix that too... but you know. :P

Okay, thanks a lot :D

Yes i already have a game playing with the old version of the kit, so im currently going for level 21, on my way to slay the black dragon :P

And I have forgotten how to get to trademeet, if thats the name, as i need to buy a belt there xD It feel a little overpowered :P 2 more levels and I have +6 attack with pretty deadly function, a bit early i guess ;d Still, playing in a 6man team it would be waaaay weaker ;d 

So im soon going to the imprisoned one in a day or 2, so basicly its going fast :P After I have gone true the game I will install the new version of mod and test more on that one :D I have it downloaded now :P So, by starting the kit at TOB gives fighter HLAs etc? :P I will try to start a game in TOB with current kit as well :P

Anyway, when it comes to comparison with a fighter/mage dual play its a bit overpowered, but Thaco/Life/damagde etc is basicly the same.

I can fix the picture, np :D

Also: The summon mind flayer to fight 4 me can be a bad idea, as if a mindflayer kills with draining intelligence(5 each hit). And then no exp, since the target just dies from beeing completely empty of intelligence :P My attack drain 1 intelligence each hit, but doesent kill the same way... I think I actually changed it to: 25% chance to drain 1 intelligence pr. hit.

I also think the shapechange will get fucked up when autoturning to slayer? I might turn human/elf again? Soon going to get a place to test it. Anyway, if so, then i could use the invisible creature again? With something like this:

(just function now, not correctly written at all xD)

IF Class: Mage, kit: slayer & Level 11-13 THEN autocast spell Shapechange: Greater mind Flayer.

IF Class: Mage, kit: slayer & Level 14-17 THEN autocast spell Shapechange: Ulitharid

IF Class: Mage, kit: slayer & got albility(Re-Equip devour attack +5) THEN autocast spell Shapechange: Greater Ulitharid

IF Class: Mage, kit: slayer & got albility(Re-Equip devour attack +6) THEN autocast spell Shapechange: Vampiric Ulitharid

Ofc I have to make 4 x new shapechange spells which doesent add albilities :P

EDIT:

I now checked with baal expansion start, yes it bugs there^^ The game "hang" and never started :P (The version before your fix :P )

Edited by Gel87, 30 October 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#75 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:21 AM

Well, im now at level 25 or 26and are at LUM's machine level at watcher's keep.

I was not able to kill kangaxx the lich alone, i guess i could have killed him if i where to sacrifice team members, or add sun soul monk with his fire dmg. If i had chosen different on HLA table it would have been manageble alone, (avoid death skill).

It is a little overpowered, but i had REALLY hard time in the dispell places, as those dispelled all my spells including my devour attack ;d 

I was not able to kill magic golem's as well, cause was not able to remove enchanted wepon.

Edit:

Found a way to fix this, i will fix it so that he gain a albility to remove his devour attack, and can use staff when needed :) 

After I have runned true the game, finding different bugs etc and fix them, then i would love to add joinable NPC chars :P 1-2 of them. First a Nymp which gonna be an exellent bower with psn etc, and spells + deadly kisses, also gonna add some bows into the game :D Then a demon or something, maby a vampire (gonna level hexxat first to see how she is, never tryed here before) :P

Edited by Gel87, 02 November 2014 - 04:10 AM.

#76 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

Hi, i have Been a long time away from bg2 now, but played some more lately, im level 37, in the underdark, turning into the slayer went good, it reapered as mindflayer and i can cast re-equip devour attacks once a day after loosing it in form of turning slayer and dispell places.

Ill let you know If i find any more faults :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Error: Unix.Unix_Error, (20, stat, table/GELCLA02.2DA, Selfmade KITMOD