Order of doing quests.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

I assume that in BG1, once you kill Sarevok, you could continue with quests as long as you do not agree to go to Amn for Bolt (I think that was his name).  

What I would like to know is can you continue doing quests in BG2 after you kill Irenicus?

Are there any problems with playing the game this way?

Is there a requirement to do some quests in a certain order?  I went to  Brynnlaw and through the  Underdark before the Circus.  This messed up Aerie.  However, you able to correct the problem.

One final question, is there a problem with "time" after Irenicus takes your soul?  In BG1, you had 10 days to live after Marek poisons you.  So I wonder if it similar in BG2.

Thanks for any answers,

Tom

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

I assume that in BG1, once you kill Sarevok, you could continue with quests as long as you do not agree to go to Amn for Bolt (I think that was his name).  

What I would like to know is can you continue doing quests in BG2 after you kill Irenicus?

Belt... :devil:
And nope... well it actually depends on which mods you have installed, the TDD (was it?!?) requires you to do stuff after you kill Irenicus, and you get same like transition to the ToB part as in BGT's Belt talk, at least that's what I hope... and no, there's no timers involved in BG2 as I would surely been killed as there's 10 000 battles I would have to have slept before I found the mod that I now maintain that restores spells without the need to sleep. And other people surely have the same problem. So nope, there's no timers in BG2.
The BGT has one other timer, that's the lycanthrope curse that's in onset in the werewolf iceland, and it turns your party members to werewolves in a set amount of days unless you kill the head wolf in Ulgoth's Beard(Mendas).
No other timers.

Edited by The Imp, 09 November 2014 - 02:54 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

Heh good one.  :lol:  Like Imp said he's Belt. He's not related to Usain Bolt.

Only if you have TDD (The Darkest Day) installed. Of not installed then you can do Suldanessellar but you can't go to Tree of Life and face Icenicus.

No, i don't think so (but what do i know for sure).

Is there a requirement to do some quests in a certain order?  I went to  Brynnlaw and through the  Underdark before the Circus.  This messed up Aerie.  However, you able to correct the problem.

No, i don't think so but i don't know for sure (i play all possible quests at chapter 2 and 3 before going to Brynnlaw).

One final question, is there a problem with "time" after Irenicus takes your soul?  In BG1, you had 10 days to live after Marek poisons you.  So I wonder if it similar in BG2.

Thanks for any answers,

Tom

Like Imp said there's i no timers related Irenicus (it has taken almost 1,000 days for me to face Irenicus om the past BWPs).

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible