Photo

[ASK] Change Companions Class to Custom Kit?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Heartwarder

Heartwarder
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

[ASK] Change Companions Class to Custom Kit?

I usually use Shadowkeeper to change companions class in the middle of the game.

But custom Kit, like Arcane Archer and Bladesinger, doesn't appear in the list in the Shadowkeeper.

Does someone know how to do it?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

Does someone know how to do it?
Easy, Level 1 NPCs mods, NPC companion components.
But custom Kit, like Arcane Archer and Bladesinger, doesn't appear in the list in the Shadowkeeper.
Actually if you install the mod, and then make a character that has that kit, you can copy paste their kit flag to the NPCs in Shadowkeeper. Now that of course won't give you any of the official bonuses the character would get from having the kit before you level them up a lots, or the Bladesingers(TDD) mage secondary class... as none of the bonuses that the kit would get below the characters level are applied. Now the L1NPCs mod of course fixes that as the character gets all the Kits custom bonuses as they actually get the kits at level 1.

Edited by The Imp, 15 November 2014 - 02:13 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Heartwarder

Heartwarder
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:39 AM

^

I'm using NPC mod like BG1NPC, Kivan friendship, Kivan BG2 romance, etc...

Does Level 1 NPC have a conflict with NPC mods like above?

I already installed BGT and all the mods (NPC, tweaks, quests, kit, etc) based on the order guide in internet, can I just install Level1NPC (as the last order)?

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:25 AM

Yep. :devil:

Dah, that's yes to both of those questions.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Heartwarder

Heartwarder
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:14 AM

^

I prefer not to install it then.