Photo

Good News - Widescreen v3.06 works well.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:18 AM

Usually I post for help or complaints.  But this time I have some good news.

I had to re-install my mega mod game.  Something got messed up because I replayed the BG2 segment of the game from the end of BG1 too many times.

In the last game, I used Widescreen v3.05.  The game would freeze or crash about every 5-10 minutes.  Strangely, if I save every few minutes, it prolonged the time between freezes or crashes.  I did not understand why.

Before re-installing, I checked for later editions of the mods in my game and found Widescreen v3.06.  I have 190 mods in the game.  The only one I changed was Widescreen. This time, I have played for about 20 hours before my first crash.  All indications are a problem with TobEx not Widescreen.  So the authors of Widescreen really did a great job in fixing the problem.  With that many mods, there are bound to be problems, but this fix did a great job of making Widescreen compatible with all the mods that I use.

So if you are having frequent freeze ups or crashes and you are using an earlier version of Widescreen, I recommend you switch to v3.06.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Tom