• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

Hiya everybody!

This is probably a pretty big ask, but does anyone keep backup mirrors of mods.  I'm trying to download mods with the BWS and it looks like every mod hosted by G3 isn't downloadable.  I tried going to their forums, but I couldn't get the forums to load properly.  This may be a me problem and not a problem with G3, I don't know.

Either way, does anyone know of any backup mirrors?  Most of these mods wouldn't be a big deal, but going without SCS would be pretty terrible.

Thanks!

Mods I can't DL through the BWS:

BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters
Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters
Garrick's Infatuation
Mur'Neth NPC
Vynd NPC
Sword Coast Stratagems
Sword Coast Stratagems
BG2 Tweak Pack
IWDification
Animus: Sentient Weapon
Chantelame
Song and Silence
Finished.

#2 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi Darpaek:

This may not be your problem, but it did happen to me.  I was using the browser Internet Explorer 8 on WIndows XP and I had trouble with the Gibberlings 3 site.  I switched to Google Chrome and I no longer have any problems with Gibberlings 3.

Tom

#3 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

I have problems with G3 too; with Firefox and Windows 7 and 8.

#4 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

g3 has been down since two days. just hold on. IT will get fixed.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

g3 has been down since two days. just hold on. IT will get fixed.
No, their site took a different host service, so they had to go off line for a bit, but most of their stuff should now be up and about, unless you are behind a 4 day host server update latancy, in which case you'll be suffering from it tomorrow too... yes, it took excatly 4 minutes for me to find a post about it in G3, in the internet.

Edited by The Imp, 07 December 2014 - 12:57 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:53 AM

Yeah.  You found the post.  On their forum.  The forum which was down when I posted the original topic and has since gotten back up.

The G3 forums are back up, but the links are all screwed up with the BWS and you have to download manually.  Manually downloading, I'm still unable to find:

BG2 Tweak Pack: The Mod itself (bg2_tweaks-v16.exe)
Sword Coast Stratagems: Additional mods (stratagemsV28 fix.rar)

I have both of these in my downloads folder, but I guess the version I have doesn't match what the BWS expects?