Photo

How to safely edit my human CHARNAME to multiclass?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Avallach

Avallach
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hello,

lately, I've been brainstorming various backstories for my character and came to conclusion that Fighter/Mage would be the most optimal one for me (both from gameplay and lore wise).

But here's the problem, this time I want to roll a human (before I always played elves or half elves) and they can only dual-class. I am somewhat familiar with Shadowkeeper and its uses but I am not quite sure about this particular issue.

After starting the game, should I just change the class from Fighter to Fighter/Mage and be done with it? Or are there more variables I need to change, like THAC0, saving throws, starting spells etc. etc.?

Or should I create a Half-Elf character and then change him into a Human?

Any answer or solution is appreciated! smile.png

BTW: I also plan starting on heavily modded BG2Tutu (No Enhanced Editions whatsoever).

Edited by Avallach, 08 December 2014 - 04:00 AM.

#2 AmyAE

AmyAE
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

Install a tweak that changes class/race restrictions.

It seems the BG2 Tweaks component to do that only works with Enhanced Edition, unfortunately. Scales of Balance includes a revised multiclassing component that enables humans to multiclass (although there's other changes involved that you may not want or need in your game, so check the ReadMe), and should work with TuTu.

#3 Avallach

Avallach
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

I figured it out. Started the game as a multiclass half-elf and then changed his race and paperdoll to a human. Works just fine, and the dialogues also recognize me as a human. :)