Photo

Looking to create an armor equip key for BG and could really use some

Armour equip key item equip key clothing equip key armor equip key equip item key equip armour key equip clothing key equip armor key Baldurs Gate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zirus Blackheart

Zirus Blackheart
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

Looking to create/build a very simple armor equipping key for myself for Baldurs Gate and could really use some advise :-)

Hay everyone :-)

I'm looking to create some kind of script/mod for myself for Baldurs Gate that will allow me to hit a key and equip a full set of armor and items that I have pre-defined :-)
I'm very new to modding but have done lots of work in the past on Ultima Online, editing cfg files and writing some eScript although I would prefere it if I didn't need to code too much or even code at all for this :-) I have downloaded and been looking at Near Infinity which I think will allow me to do it?
I have had reccomended to do it as a spell or even an inate ability? Which makes sense.

My reason for wanting to do this is I want to create a fighter/Mage/thief chr to solo the game with :-) and in combat I want to be able to swap between each chr type by hitting a key. So say I go in and backstab with a qstaff and wearing the good thief leather armor I bought in beregahst and the thief buffs all the thief skills then hit a key and swap into full plate and a halberd and hit again then hit a key and equip my Mage robe and fast cheetah boots n run back and cast magic arrow for instance :-)
very similar to the mod I was running on Elder Scrolls Oblivion that let me do the same thing :-)

So I'm looking for advice on how to go about this such as which modding program would be best for me? As I said I already have Near Infinity which has no coding which I like :-)
Is there a mod already out there somewhere that does this? Or has a similar backbone to it that I could just edit instead of writing something completely from scratch?

What pointers, tips do you have and pitfalls should I look out for when writing it?

Thx loads for any help and guidance everyone! :-D

Take it easy :-)

Sign:- Zirus Blackheart

P.s I posted this question somewhere else here and cannot find it :-s I also did this as a guest b4 I registered so there is no way I will see any answers there's so please, if you found that o e first and replied there could you please copy/paste it here too? Th liars! :-D

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

Not possible, truly.

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

There's a two state weapon switcher that's already horribly mangle of a thing(it takes a turn to complete the two weapons to ranged weapon switch), you could see where your dream could take it, but you are probably not still going to be able to get what you want.

And I believe that even with scripting, you can't change the chars armor in combat.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 Zirus Blackheart

Zirus Blackheart
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

Ah damn yeah, the big thing for me was to be able to change armor in combat :-/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Armour equip key, item equip key, clothing equip key, armor equip key, equip item key, equip armour key, equip clothing key, equip armor key, Baldurs Gate