BG2EE Crash Transitioning to Chapter 2

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:09 AM

Well, I've got quite a pickle and I can't figure a work-around.  I am crashing on the start of Chapter 2 in Gaelan Bayle's house. The areas load fine, so it's probably not a problem with Areas or CREs.  I area transition into the slums and the conversation picks up with Gaelan Bayle.  We transition into Gaelan Bayle's house and the conversation starts.  The conversation finishes.  Sometimes it crashes before the cutscene with Irenicus and Imoen.  Sometimes the cutscene plays and the game crashes afterwards.  Either way, it has something to do with the scripts that fire at the Chapter 2 transition, which are probably A TON of scripts.  Sometimes I can see "World Map Updated" before the crash. 

I've tried quicksaving between conversations.  It will crash if I try to load the quicksave.  I've tried manually SetGlobal-ing to Chapter 2 before I leave Waukeen's Promenade.  Everything with GB still fires as normal and crashes as normal.  I can't think of any work-around that would work without breaking the main quest of the game.

Does anyone have any ideas for a work-around?  Can I CTRL-Y GB before he grabs me into conversation without breaking my entire game? There doesn't seem to be a conversation option refusing to travel with him and I can't move forward in the game past this point.  I've tried doing the whole thing in Windowed mode.  I've tried various compatibility modes.

Tactics install using the most recent BWS.  The only thing I did in addition was Generalized Biffing.  Should I Un-biff?  Is there a reason Generalized Biffing isn't included in the BWS for BG2EE?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by Darpaek, 15 December 2014 - 05:11 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:15 AM

Have you tried to look at the worldmap in the game ? Does it go without a hich ? Cause if it crashes right there, then the problem is in the worldmap files... :devil: .. hinking, about it, you actually use the worldmap to access the slums, so that shouldn't be it, hmm.

The reason why the BG2EE doesn't have the Generalized Biffing mod is likely that thre is not that many mods that benefit from it, and the engine is sound enough without it(, as in very fast).

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

Yup, I use the World Map to get to the Slums.  I really have no idea and I don't understand how to troubleshoot BG2EE the way I would BG2

I think I'm going to give up on BG2EE.  It's early enough in the game that I'll just mod a normal copy of BG2.  Get more mods anyways, and I know it's stable (relatively).  The wild mage and the monk aren't that interesting anyways.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

The v1.3 is just around the corner... from what I heard.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Tomorrow, I think.  

All that means is it will break the handful of mods that do work.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

All that means is it gives a chance to update the handful of mods that do work.

Indeed. :devil:

...and about 488 others. See, twelve digits.

Edited by The Imp, 16 December 2014 - 05:28 AM.

#7 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

The glass is always half full for you, Imp. ;)

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:27 AM

The glass is always half full for you, Imp. ;)

No, it's always full, the material in it is either liquid or gas, solid or plasma or mix of them, the only essential is that the specified container is always full of something, or is in vacuum. And the trick here is that you can't have a half of vacuum. :devil:

#9 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:09 AM

HA!  Tell that to Dirt Devil!

ghk-dirt-devil-ultra-08230red-handvac-md

Edited by Darpaek, 16 December 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#10 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:34 AM

That's a vacuum cleaner, not a vacuum, the state of absolute emptiness. The absolute is in italics.

#11 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

My Absolut is empty, too.  :(  And underlined!!! :D

Absolut_Vodka1.jpg?1350311533