5 replies to this topic

#1 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hello!

I am working on a revised Find Familiar spell which includes of course the Dust Mephit. Without knowing that aTweaks was already offering a PnP component, I had also tried the same (I had also a working Gate spell and changed statistics) but since I am no modder I was sure you guys would have done a much better job at everything, which of course  you did.

So I am asking permission to duplicate some of your solution in my own mod.

Said that, I have also a few questions about it (in reference to the Dust Mephit):

1) If I understand correctly from the code you don't update the familiar Dust Mephit to PnP. Is it so?

2) I checked the file rr#mimun.itm and I don't understand what it is for. Do you remember what its function is?

3) And what about rr#mduw1.itm? 

4) In my PnP version of the familiars, I removed the IMMCLOUD.ITM from all of them because I didn't find any plausible justification for it. In your mod you do the same but you as note I read: "(immunity to cloud spells is handled differently)". How is it handled?

5) Who are "enforced creature 1" and "enforced creature 2"?

Okay, that was all... I am sorry if my questions sound silly or particularly boring and I take this opportunity to thank you (Wisp and aVenger) for this amazing modification which is a must have for me and many others.

Edited by Salk, 16 December 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#2 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

So I am asking permission to duplicate some of your solution in my own mod.
aTweaks is licenced under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 licence. You can read the digest and/or the full thing here.
1) If I understand correctly from the code you don't update the familiar Dust Mephit to PnP. Is it so?
I would guess aVENGER chose not to.
2) I checked the file rr#mimun.itm and I don't understand what it is for. Do you remember what its function is?
Comment says it's for the immunities shared by all Mephits.
3) And what about rr#mduw1.itm? 
Comment says it's the Dust Mephit's melee attack, as well as the item which provides effects which are specific to Dust Mephits.
4) In my PnP version of the familiars, I removed the IMMCLOUD.ITM from all of them because I didn't find any plausible justification for it. In your mod you do the same but you as note I read: "(immunity to cloud spells is handled differently)". How is it handled?
Lists of opcode 206 against specific cloud spells. In the case of Dust Mephits, there are immunities attached to the CRE file itself, as well as the weapon item.
5) Who are "enforced creature 1" and "enforced creature 2"?
It's a feature of the RR#MDCRE function. The scant documentation in rr/lib/rr#mdcre.tph should hopefully explain it.

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

Thanks for your answers, Wisp.

I take the opportunity to ask you one more thing: if a .CRE has, for example, already a 100% immunity to Fire/Magical Fire, why do we need to also add Protection From Spell (206)s that would deal fire damage?

Edited by Salk, 21 December 2014 - 12:30 AM.

#4 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

Sometimes it's because the spell has other effects that are not strictly fire damage, but which we want to block all the same. Other times it could be an oversight, or being thorough.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

AKA, if the creature is a spell caster and it's casting a spell and is attacked by a (area of effect) spell it has damage immunity to, it still attacked and thus looses the concentration as if it took damage, while it didn't actually. So in game terms, as a consequence, the spell immunity lets us imps blast each others in non particular sequences, aka chaos. :ROFL:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:52 PM

Thank you very much and happy holidays!