Restoring BWP installation post-format C, error "-1". What do?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Quetzalcoatl-

-Quetzalcoatl-

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

My computer died, I had BWP installed and working. The parition with installs was not formatted, just the system one. I renamed the SoA folder to backup, installed both games anew, and then thought I could just swap the fresh SoA install with the one that's full of mods and was working before. They're in the same place and all, but when I try to run it, I get an error saying "-1". Then something about assertion error, if I run it through console. Has anyone an idea what causes it? Do I need to replace some file, run the game, whatever else?

Thank you!

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

Open up the file called baldur.ini and make sure that the text after the [Alias] -header is correct, and most of all, start the game always with the BGMain.exe, not the baldur.exe as that just starts a front end program that reads  the windows register and in an idiot-ing way in trying to find the BGMain.exe .

Edited by The Imp, 21 December 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Quetzalcoatl-

-Quetzalcoatl-

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

Yep, bullseye! Format switched partition letters for the one BG is installed on. Would've never figured it out myself. Thank you so much and have a Merry Christmas!