11 replies to this topic

#1 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:40 AM

First off, let me thank you for this great mod

I'm encountering a bug with revised thievery
i can not talk my way out of a failed pickpocket attempt, the NPC just turn hostile like in vanilla bg2
i'm using BG2EE v1.3 and RR v4.71

Spoiler

Edited by Ikki, 23 December 2014 - 06:46 AM.

#2 dashteacup

dashteacup
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

I'm pretty sure the "talk your way out" part of revised thievery only works with ToBEx.

#3 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:49 AM

You're right, the part that relies on Tobex don't work : it's possible to talk your way out with a merchand on a failed pickpocket attempt, but not with a NPC.
Does that mean that the "PickpocketFailed Trigger" is not ported on the enhanced edition ?  

By the way there is a second problem on the enhanced edition, on a failed pickpocket attempt with a merchand, you can not re-engage the conversation. On BG2 it was possible

Edited by Ikki, 23 December 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#4 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:43 AM

The PickPocketFailed() trigger should be working in the enhanced edition.

Here you can find a list of ToBEx fixes and features that should have been implemented in BG:EE and BGII:EE.

But i try with older version of rogue rebalancing and the new beta too, and the problems persists.

#5 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:42 AM

I can look into enabling this on the EEs, but if creatures still automatically go hostile (which I would guess they do), this won't work anyway. ToBEx can be configured to not have them go hostile, but I would be very surprised if the EEs can. It would perhaps be possible to work around the EE behaviour in that case, but I won't have the time to do that anytime soon.No, I won't be doing that. (I was thinking it might be possible to have the hostile creature go neutral again, but creatures going hostile set off all sorts of messes, with shout scripts and runenemy and who knows what. So unless the EEs implement PickPocketFailed() without automatic hostility, this is a no-go and that's that.)

Edited by Wisp, 29 December 2014 - 06:39 AM.

#6 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:00 AM

Hello Wisp

I try adding the line ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,NEUTRAL) in rr#pickp.baf but the creature don't even become neutral.

In fact nothing in the second block seems to run,

it's like the creature didn't get patch with the new RR#PICKP.BCS script

Edited by Ikki, 30 December 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#7 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:11 AM

It's a bug in rr#thvry.tph

in the EE there is no bgmain.exe so the last part of the file, that should patch the creature with the new script never run

( i change this check and everything work fine under the EE )

#8 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:32 AM

It's a bug in rr#thvry.tph

in the EE there is no bgmain.exe so the last part of the file, that should patch the creature with the new script never run
That's the indended part, with, you know, pickpocket stuff not enabeled on EE-type games.

#9 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:58 AM

Yes, but if you change :

Spoiler

to something like that

Spoiler

(and remove one of the END at the end of the file),

then the revised NPC behavior install fine under the enhanced edition, and work in game : I can now talk my way out of a failed pickpocket attempt and the NPC don't turn hostile.

#10 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:03 AM

By the way there is a second problem on the enhanced edition, on a failed pickpocket attempt with a merchand, you can not re-engage the conversation. On BG2 it was possible

I can't reproduce. Please provide more information.

Yes, but if you change :

Spoiler

to something like that

Spoiler

(and remove one of the END at the end of the file),

then the revised NPC behavior install fine under the enhanced edition, and work in game : I can now talk my way out of a failed pickpocket attempt and the NPC don't turn hostile.

I assure you, not only do I have a very good idea of what I'm doing, but I'm also very familiar with my own code. But thank you for taking an interest.

#11 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

I can't reproduce. Please provide more information.

on BG2 classic with Rogue rebalancing if a player pickpoket from a store and fail, he get a chance to talk his way out, and if succesfull he can talk again with the merchant to buy stuff again.

on BG2EE with Rogue rebalancing he get a chance to talk his way out, but if succesfull, he can no more talk with the merchant.

( Galoomp the bookkeeper on the promenade, can be pickpocketed and show this behavior )

But thank you for taking an interest.

:cheers:

#12 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:08 AM

This appears to be an EE issue. If StealFailed() has returned true, the actor will no longer talk. If you save and reload, the actor will be chatty again, but the store will be messed up (apparently all flags are disregarded).