I got the BG logo
I choose my language: E
there 3 files created:
".\BiG World Installpack\English\BiG World Installpack.pdf
.\BiG World Installpack\English\pulse_bar.txt
.\BiG World Installpack\English\strings.txt
3 file(s) copied."
PDF opens and then
It fails, it askes me to reboot the computer, to run the programm as administrator...

"I am doing both and I get the following messages"
The system cannot find the path specified.
FINDSTR: Cannot open BWP-settings.txt

Any Help will be appreciated

Thank you
trotos

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

I forgot to say that I want to play and I got the GOG BG2 SoS/ToB
I have no need for the trilogy

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

Then just use the BWS and then in it set the BG1 directory to be "-" without the quotemarks... why are you using the BWInstall.bat anyways ?

Edited by The Imp, 01 February 2015 - 07:06 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:56 AM

Well I have already DOWNLOADED all the mods I need, I do not want to reselect them, redownload them or look for them once more, I got them in the main directory of SoA-ToB.
Is there a way to let BWS to identify my selection of mods?

#5 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:02 AM

Well I have already DOWNLOADED all the mods I need, I do not want to reselect them, redownload them or look for them once more, I got them in the main directory of SoA-ToB.
Is there a way to let BWS to identify my selection of mods?

Just put the archives to a single folder and give that folder to the program, the third folder in this picture(yeah, you can read it yourself, I am sure):

2i737mv.jpg

Yeah, the BWS will check the archives validity and it will give you an option to reject further downloads at your own risk. Just read the instructions all over the window... it helps to do so even if you thing there's nothing in them, as they get updates every so often and you might miss it cause you think it's not there. Happened to me more than plenty.

Edited by The Imp, 01 February 2015 - 08:06 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 -trotos-

-trotos-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:09 AM

So by selecting "your selection" puting the "-" in BG the script will install only the mods I have already downladed?

P.S. man you are amazing... answering in no time!!!

#7 -trotos-

-trotos-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

and do I have to create a folder CD6 and copy the 25movie file there?

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:16 AM

So by selecting "your selection" puting the "-" in BG the script will install only the mods I have already downladed?

Erhm, you might have to do the component selection because you do not have a previously made one... this is the primary reason why the BWS should be used actually.
And the CD6 folder--- read the 2.Q3 point in this post I wrote years ago...

P.S. man you are amazing... answering in no time!!!

Yeah, I hang in SHS forums way too much. And I see all the new post in one view, which leads only to topics I am not that interested in.

Edited by The Imp, 01 February 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#9 -trotos-

-trotos-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

I am back...
I went through the test for availability stage and I got that:
These selected downloads are defect:

Sword Coast Stratagems [New]
Enhanced BG2 [New]
Finished.

I know that SCS is available and for now is at v.30

any clues?

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

ok I moved on but while testing the existing archives I got that:
17: 192 - _Process_SetScrollLog(_GetTR($Message, 'L5')); => mod is included in another one
12: 373 - Func _Process_SetScrollLog($p_Text, $p_Write = 1, $p_Length=0); $p_Length will auto-resize the text
12: 377 - EndIf
12: 379 - $Num = @extended
12: 380 - _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($g_UI_Interact[6][2], $p_Text & @CRLF)
12: 381 - _GUICtrlEdit_LineScroll($g_UI_Interact[6][2], 0, 1 + $Num)
12: 382 - If $p_Write = 1 Then FileWrite($g_LogFile, $p_Text & @CRLF)
17: 193 - _Process_SetScrollLog('')
17: 174 - For $Prefix In $Prefixes; search for additional stuff, too
17: 178 - EndIf
17: 179 - $Save = _IniRead($ReadSection, $Prefix & 'Save', '')
17: 188 - ElseIf $Save = '' And $Prefix <> '' Then; if no additonal stuff is found, skip forward
17: 174 - For $Prefix In $Prefixes; search for additional stuff, too
17: 178 - EndIf
17: 179 - $Save = _IniRead($ReadSection, $Prefix & 'Save', '')
17: 188 - ElseIf $Save = '' And $Prefix <> '' Then; if no additonal stuff is found, skip forward
17: 220 - Next
17: 221 - Next
17: 222 - FileMove($g_DownDir & '\*.*', $g_DownDir & '\Not Valid\'); move the rest to not valid
17: 223 - FileMove($g_DownDir & '\Valid\*.*', $g_DownDir & '\'); get the valid files back
17: 224 - $Num=DirGetSize($g_DownDir & '\Valid', 1)
C:\GOG_Games\BGII-SoA\BiG World Setup\Includes_Traced\17_Testing.au3 (461) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:
If $Num[1] = 0 And $Num[2] = 0 Then DirRemove($g_DownDir & '\Valid', 1)
If $Num^ ERROR

----------
Variables:
----------
Value of $Num: -1
Value of $g_DownDir: D:\BG2 Mods

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

I think Ven0m_andy had the same problem as you and redownloading the BWS fixed it... did you use an old download to make that ?

#12 -trotos-

-trotos-

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:12 AM

Ok so it seems the problem with checking the existing archives is random (?!) and after restoring the BG2 folder with the original (ziped) downloading again the BWS fixed it.

Then again I had other problems...

the first one has to do with extracting the files. It finds a lot of errors (it cannot use the ones already in the drive, cannot download new ones, cannot do the extraction... and more. I have to do everything manually.

But What I find weird is that it locks down the drive (d:) that all the archived files are located... seriously I can not access the drive afterrunning the BWS, I have to restart the PC.
also, the following error seems to be relevant:
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file error
it looks for tmp.bat

By the way I am on Win8.1 x64