• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

Hi all! :)

Following some advice I did surrender myself to the BWS tool, even though I never tried it before.. sorry if the question has been answered time and again, I felt like posting rather than searching due to less specific answers.

So here:

BWS_12.jpg

Apparently I need to choose between the 691, 68, TS or NEJ2 or TS-BP  (?¿)

This got me confused... does it mean that further ahead I won't be able to install TS with as much of BP as possible, plus the TS-BP compatibility?

Been a few years since last try of megamod installs xD

Thanks for any help! =]]

Edited by Himself, 10 February 2015 - 04:03 AM.

...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

691/68/TS preferred to NEJ2/TS-BP.

You have to choode between new nej 68/691, new ts or old nej2/ts-bp, which can be installed together. So the preferred "splits" the conflicting parts. So you could also try 691 and ts. There may be other conflicts, and you'll see those graphically/with colors, which may make things clearer.

And this has nothing to do with the BP AI / tactics / encounter mod.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:13 AM

Okay!

Thanks Dabus  :new_thumbs:

#4 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

Sorry, another doubt... =]

Did some research but still confused about the procedure in BGTNEJ2 + compatibility part (since most of documentation mention BGTNEJ but never BGTNEJ2, and the BWP pdf has a big outdated over it, also the boxes are not green).

Planning to install both BGT and NEJ2 (up to version 6.94 it seems), should I check all boxes and do not worry whenever BGTNEJ2 comes up, or is it better to use only the compatibility part and leave all the others boxes unchecked? (which excludes the BGT content of NEJ, or is it already accounted/included somewhere else¿?)

BWS2.jpg

BWS3.jpg

Again thanks if anyone can help me, much obliged!  :hug:

Edited by Himself, 05 February 2015 - 10:48 AM.

#5 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

Use only NEJ v 6.91, NEJ v 6.94 patch and TS 7.04.

No any NEJ compability mods (what ever they are) or obsolete NEJs and TS.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

No any NEJ compability mods (what ever they are) or obsolete NEJs and TS.
And the reasoning for this is, THAT IT WILL BREAK THE BGT-Weidu's BG1-to-BG2-Transoition.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

Thanks guys!!!    :new_thumbs:

#8 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:01 AM

Hi again!
Things do seem to be moving forward, and its all due to you people who lend me a hand, so thanks!! =DD

Need yet advice from people knowledgeable at megainstalls, but I'll break in numbers cause I've more doubts this time  :whistling:

Please advice in whatever you feel like and sorry if I bitch about something...  :ermm:

Boo.jpg

1 - Boo as familiar and the kidnapping of Boo from Unfinished Business, I'm installing both, do these conflict? (no problem if yes, just for me to be aware what needs fixing in the future)

Shade_Lord_again.jpg

2 - Probably same doubt as number 1, I've seen many mods that make references to the Shade Lord, this is gonna be an interesting guy to pay a visit   ^_^

Valygar_Suna_Seni.jpg

3 - This component from UB "could" be made to work together with TS? or are both completely incompatible?? (tech, lorewise, both?¿)

Blindness.jpg

4 - Ok, now for the things I'll probably need detailed help.. I can mod my own game but I'm complete clueless to .exe/tp2 coding.

Rather blindness to work as originally intended, don't mind having to edit all instances that come with spell revisions, however I need the BWS installer to let me install both mods since it claims incompatibility.

Valen.jpg

5 - Same case. I don't mind having to dig through Valen/KZ dialogs and scripts to make both mods work together, however I need the BWS to let me install these 2.

TDD.jpg

6 - And one last time here, same case, need the installer to allow me.

1pp.jpg

7- And now for something a bit different!
The first 8 components claim to need the paperdolls, its strange cause I've for some time used 1pp WITHOUT its paperdolls (rather the BG2 ones), so either theres something new here or core paperdolls are not needed (willing to try), but first the installer must let me bypass this dependency.

I'm a complete ignorant to the Item Revisions mod, but AFAIK, its not a mod that messes with animations, could someone tell me why these are incompatible?

Lastly the 3 music lines, aren't those 3 supposed to be distinct choices??¿ Thats what it looked like in the component listing checkboxes anyway (BGT already includes SoA/ToB and TuTu what for?? This for once looks like a mistake from the BWS installer)

Strange.jpg

8- Okay last question, thanks for sticking with me  :blush: 
I dunno what to make of this... both mods seem not sure about a dependency being eligible or not, the top one has right click greyed out (as shown in image) the botton one has the install as possible, but I'm really not sure as how to proceed in both cases... *puzzled*

So thats it!! Please drop your comments and as always thanks for taking the time, MUCH MUCH OBLIGED!!   :cheers:

Edited by Himself, 10 February 2015 - 04:18 AM.

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

Blindness.jpg

4 - Ok, now for the things I'll probably need detailed help.. I can mod my own game but I'm complete clueless to .exe/tp2 coding.

Rather blindness to work as originally intended, don't mind having to edit all instances that come with spell revisions, however I need the BWS installer to let me install both mods since it claims incompatibility.

The thing is, you have to go and ask the Spell Revision to allow you to choose that option, and you are not going to get it, likely.
But the thing with that is, the SR will reset the new blindness spell description to say what it now does. So you should just op out the ToBEx's component.

Edited by The Imp, 10 February 2015 - 04:51 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#10 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:02 AM

The thing is, you have to go and ask the Spell Revision to allow you to choose that option, and you are not going to get it, likely.
But the thing with that is, the SR will reset the new blindness spell description to say what it now does. So you should just op out the ToBEx's component.

I don't mean to change SR tp2 or any of that... (don't even know how to anyways), what I planned was to install tobex blindness, check it, copy and paste over SR at the end, changing accordingly the dialog and all else that needs editing, can't say it'll work, but I'm the optimist type ^^

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:23 AM

Well, so you don't want a working game... you can go and edit the problem solution file in BWS and work out the problems that way. The instructions (in BWS) will say where it is.

#12 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

I don't mean to change SR tp2 or any of that... (don't even know how to anyways), what I planned was to install tobex blindness, check it, copy and paste over SR at the end, changing accordingly the dialog and all else that needs editing, can't say it'll work, but I'm the optimist type ^^

Not really worth it - what happens is that SR and ToBex do the same thing (fix the opcode) but do it in different and mutualy exclusive ways. You won't notice the difference in the game using one or the other. 

If you really want to try, then install ToBex "Blindness per spell desc" last, when the installer is done (run setup-tobex.exe from game directory manually). If it breaks your game, uninstall it.

Item Revisions + 1PP shields would make your large shields appear as bucklers, 1PP circlets would give THAC0 & casting speed penalties etc. This can be fixed easilly, but I'd rather not bore you with details of what to edit - just skip it an save yourself the hassle.

IR already includes much of 1PP work, so your game will look nice.

#13 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

If you really want to try, then install ToBex "Blindness per spell desc" last, when the installer is done (run setup-tobex.exe from game directory manually). If it breaks your game, uninstall it.

Or he could just edit the <game_install_folder>/TobEx_ini/TobExTweak.ini -file with notepad and edit the zero to be one at this line "Effect Opcodes:Blindness As Spell Description=0" as that's what the mod itself does (without the Notepad)... :P
But the two are not exactly mutually exclusive and you might end up taking -14 Thac0 hit instead of the -4 or -10.. especially if multiple spells are casted on you. And still the SR could just modify all the spells so that it's tweak is the only one used in all of them spells. Which is why I said to op out the ToBEx tweak... <_<

#14 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:31 AM

Ya the opcode is what sets this case apart, since it can be applied/protected by items and scrips, not just by the spell. Wasn't aware that SR changed the opcode for blindness as well, thought only tobex did that (create/edit opcodes is beyond me so thats why I'm bothering you all =PP but if theres a tutorial for it please point me)

I'll try to mess around a few times and do whats been suggested, that is.. as soon as I can configure DLTCEP lol, for some reason I'm being unable to install it aarrghh ^^ ( http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27101 )

As for bypassing the BWS forced conflicts resolution, would this be the right procedure? Example image is the line that states 1pp components need the core paperdolls, does removing this line allows me to install the 1pp components without core paperdolls, and without compromising the BWS installer?? -> other than this instance I mean xD

(If yes, assuming the same is true for my other conflicts)

BWPS.jpg

Edited by Himself, 10 February 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#15 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

I think I answered all your(Himself) questions in the PMs between us about the Blindness up to this point...so now we just need dabus or ALIEN or...  to answer the last question.

Edited by The Imp, 10 February 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#16 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

Thanks again Jarno!!

EDITED: Wrong info, sorry, my mistake! read post #19 for correct info.

Also if anyone has anything else to comment/point about my other doubts as well, please do ^^

Edited by Himself, 10 February 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#17 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

(changing the TobExTweak.ini apparently has no effect if SR was installed last).

SR uses Taimon's exe patching. It's "unrevertable" unless you uninstall the mod. 

#18 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

Sorry, my mistake!!

Changing the TobExTweak.ini "Effect Opcodes:Blindness As Spell Description=0" to 1 does make the blindness work as per the tobex version, no matter which mod (tobex or SR) was installed last, so yay!!! Happy =]]

#19 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

Changing the TobExTweak.ini "Effect Opcodes:Blindness As Spell Description=0" to 1 does make the blindness work as per the tobex version, no matter which mod (tobex or SR) was installed last, so yay!!! Happy =]]
But what happens with the anti blindness spells(likely from SR) then ? See, you have to check those too...

#20 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

But what happens with the anti blindness spells(likely from SR) then ? See, you have to check those too...

Those likely protect from the opcode (or spell name like spwi106 - blindness), which has not changed between tobex/SR (at least that how I figure it should work :P)

Edited by Himself, 10 February 2015 - 12:25 PM.