Photo

How can I reinable spellcasting in the Slayer Form?

Slayer form spellcasting disable reinable divine arcane magic Ravager

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Thanatos-Zero

Thanatos-Zero
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

When I was looking into the files for the improved Slayer forms by the ascension mod, I made the last Slayer before Ravager, completely ease to us (no reputation loss, no death but forced cool down after 60 seconds), except for one thing which illudes me.

I cannot find in the slayer form's spells SPIN822.SPL, SPIN823.SPL, SLAYER3.SPL nor in the PLAYER.DLG any effect which would disable the spellcasting of arcane and divine spells. Nor has the SLAYWP3.ITM any spell disabler.

Initate abilities are still castable, but I cannot find out where the root of the problem lies.

Edited by Thanatos-Zero, 16 February 2015 - 01:26 PM.

"That was me as well!" Or if you prefer moon speak... "SORE MO WATASHI DA!"
ElyonYedaDomar_650x240_zps695695ae.gif

#2 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

Check if opcode 135 isn't being used. It'll disable spell-casting if par2 == 0.

Also check if there isn't an opcode 145 actually blocking it (if there isn't one, it won't surprise me).

#3 Thanatos-Zero

Thanatos-Zero
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

To change opcodes. Hm... It must be in one specific BCS data file.
(Note: I am still a beginner)

Edit: I misunderstood you. Polymorph (135) and Disable Spellcasting (145) as the specific opcodes in the effects.

Edit2: Now I am kinda lost. That will take a lot of time to get through all the 2DA and BCS files. -_-

Edit3: I do not understand. When I search for par2==0 in the BCS and 2DA files, there is no match.
NearInfinity must have somewhere the function to find and alter what I desire.

Edit4: Not even if I search for "==" in the files, there is again no match. I wonder what I do wrong.

Edited by Thanatos-Zero, 16 February 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

Edit: I misunderstood you. Polymorph (135) and Disable Spellcasting (145) as the specific opcodes in the effects
Yeah...
You need to look at the slayerw3.itm file in the ITM folder in Near Infinity(I use one of the last ones... v1.35 snapshots), click the Edit button at the top, and scroll down a lots, (this is according to BG2EE) it has effect 66, which uses the Polymorph into opcode 135, which has Parameter 1/Animation which is FIRE_RING (0) and Parameter 2/Polymorph Type is zero, which is "Change into (0)", you need to change the last one to be one of the Apppearance only( ones , usually the 1 is best, a least I think so. This will also remove the few effects from becoming a Slayer, and they need to be simulated for you to be able to cast at the same time...
2yvjnsi.jpg
To do the parameter change, you just double click the effect 66, it open up a new window, go to the Polymorph type, click the value field and select the second option in the field at the bottom, and click Update Value, then exit using the X at the top and then just save the item. And save changes... and so forth...

Edited by The Imp, 16 February 2015 - 04:25 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Thanatos-Zero

Thanatos-Zero
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

Sadly, I use the old games and not the Enhanced Edition.
Still, if it is the item, then I must experimentate a bit.
Anyway, here a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox....slayer.png?dl=0

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

K, in the old unmodified ToB game, the polymorph is used in the spin823.spl file, it's the effect number 0. Lucky I have both game... :P

kd5u2v.jpg

It's obvious by the way why the two games use this differently, ToB in spell, while v1.3.2064 EE in item, it learned to use the non dispensable form.

Edited by The Imp, 16 February 2015 - 04:48 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Thanatos-Zero

Thanatos-Zero
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

Interresting! However, doing so disables the statistics of the slayer.
The logical conclusion is to give now the SLAYWP3.ITM or the spell SLAYER3.SPL the statistics of the Slayer.

My thanks to you The Imp.
Seriously, you needs to get a mod, where you are immortalfied as a NPC. Your help has helped me alot. :D

Edited by Thanatos-Zero, 16 February 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

Seriously, you needs to get a mod, where you are immortalfied as a NPC. Your help has helped me alot. :D

It will be coming... at some point or another... not likely to be soon though. :devil:

#9 Thanatos-Zero

Thanatos-Zero
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

One last question.
Regarding Dispel and Bypass resistance, for to make spell immune against Dispel Magic and the likes of Breach, I chose option 4 Not Dispel/ Not Bypass resistance?

#10 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:05 PM

You should set it to zero or two according to this:

w00z10.jpg

#11 Thanatos-Zero

Thanatos-Zero
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

Thanks, but I already figured it out. :)

However no matter how I set it, Ascension Illasera's arrows dispel my natural weapon/magical created weapon away. Very annoying.

Because of this I had to import all abilities from SLAYWP3.ITM to SLAYER3.SPL so those do not vanish with the dispel.

#12 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

However no matter how I set it, Ascension Illasera's arrows dispel my natural weapon/magical created weapon away. Very annoying.

Because of this I had to import all abilities from SLAYWP3.ITM to SLAYER3.SPL so those do not vanish with the dispel.

Hmm, I'll assume that Illasera could actually be cheating, by "commanding" your character to drop the item with the arrows. And there, the nish is not that the effects can be dispelled with anything else than directly targeting the item. So I wouldn't actually this tweak, as it is "working as intended". Cause the player should still be able to adapt to the situation...

And by "command", I mean opcode #112 effect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Slayer, form, spellcasting, disable, reinable, divine, arcane, magic, Ravager